3rd vaccine dose likely needed

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My Dr told me to hold off on the shingles shot because of the flu like symptoms unless I wanted to quarantine 14 days.

Did he/she say for how long? Mine told me to wait at least a month. She also said there is now a shot that is a one and done forever. Well, who knows they could change their minds later about that. 😁

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

All about the money?  So much money has been lost  across the board because of Covid.  

Tell that to Wall St. Washington just prints. No money is lost.  People are buying homes like candy. C'mon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Except for already having the second Moderna quite a while ago, my experience is exactly like yours.  My Shingrix experience was far stronger than my Moderna experience, and I would gladly go through both again to avoid getting sick with Covid or with Shingles.  And I get a flu shot every year.  I want to be healthy, myself, and I want everyone else to be safe from coronavirus, too.  That seems to make me an outlier on many of these CC threads, and that saddens me.

It saddens me too, MM. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Did he/she say for how long? Mine told me to wait at least a month. She also said there is now a shot that is a one and done forever. Well, who knows they could change their minds later about that. 😁

He told me last August at my physical. We were still in the thick of the virus. His main concern was that the side effects might mimic the covid symptoms. 

29 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

Tell that to Wall St. Washington just prints. No money is lost.  People are buying homes like candy. C'mon

The housing market is out of control because everyone wants to leave big cities . Now that so many are working remotely they no longer need to live close to the office and they are finding that they need more work space. Also during the thick of the pandemic they realized that a yard is now important, just like a balcony cabin is now a must have for us in the future.  Since they are working remotely they can also take their NY salary to a state like Florida buy more house for their money and not have to pay state tax.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The housing market is out of control because everyone wants to leave big cities . Now that so many are working remotely they no longer need to live close to the office and they are finding that they need more work space. Also during the thick of the pandemic they realized that a yard is now important, just like a balcony cabin is now a must have for us in the future.  Since they are working remotely they can also take their NY salary to a state like Florida buy more house for their money and not have to pay state tax.

A lot of people are moving from Manhattan to LI .

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Public health "experts" don't want to give up the control of masks.  There's no reason to be wearing masks to begin with, none the less when vaccinated.

The lady doth protests too much, me thinks.  -Hamlet 

(or perhaps in this case, the gentleman doth protests too much)

I was shown an interesting psychological study the other day that studied the behavior of anti mask wearing and anti vaccination people in the world of covid. It concluded that many of the anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers are the ones that are actually terrified of the virus, using chest pumping bravado to cover up their anxiety over the virus.  Ignoring science and defying health and safety protocols is a coping mechanism to try to prove to themself that the virus is not real and won't "get" them. 

Edited by cured
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Public health "experts" don't want to give up the control of masks.  There's no reason to be wearing masks to begin with, none the less when vaccinated.

Given your username I would have thought you would be in favor of masks.  😐

Of course there is no reason to wear a mask when one does not care about anyone else.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

So 2, plus the booster, equals 3. How many more do I need before I can go on a cruise, or is 3 enough?

As many as are needed until people start following science and we get to herd immunity and no longer have hosts to allow the virus to mutate. Right now the variants are multiplying, necessitating boosters.

The booster that Pfizer is trialing is for the current variants.

Moderna is also working on a booster, hoping to incorporate it into the flu vaccine.

• Like 2

Yes I can't believe what they are paying for 65 yr old Cape. I'm ready to move to Florida.

The daughter and son in law of one of my cousins recently left their Manhattan apartment to buy a 90 year old house in Nassau on the south shore ,not on the water for nearly $700,000.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

The daughter and son in law of one of my cousins recently left their Manhattan apartment to buy a 90 year old house in Nassau on the south shore ,not on the water for nearly $700,000.

My SIL is listed her 2006 Colonial on 50X100 property in Nassau for $950 and moving to a new home in South Florida.  She lives in a good school district but not near the shore. Her taxes in NY are close to $20,000 a year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Best of luck to them....Nassau is a port I try to avoid.

6 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

LOL Nassau County Long Island not Nassau the Island.

My mistake :classic_laugh:.....I have a BIL that lives in Manhatten and Quogue and that's all I know about NY and the only two places we visit :classic_wink:

How did we get from vaccine to real estate ??

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

LOL Nassau County Long Island not Nassau the Island.

Boat load of Nassau in the world. Nassau island is part of the Cook islands in the Pacific. Nassau, Bahamas is on New Providence island. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My SIL is listed her 2006 Colonial on 50X100 property in Nassau for $950 and moving to a new home in South Florida.  She lives in a good school district but not near the shore. Her taxes in NY are close to $20,000 a year. 

A friend of mine sold his house in Nesconset for $915 and moved to Boynton Beach.He was looking to sell for a lot less but was overwhelmed.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's definitely a sellers market.  

Yep !!! our youngest son is moving to Colorado and they've lost out on 5 bids with a minimum of 10 bid's per property averaging of $100-150k over ask....It's crazy most places right now.