3rd vaccine dose likely needed

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I am surprised by that many 

If I was still active I would be pushing it

They trust DOC😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Can you share the links about the Military and Medical field

Since I am a  Corpsman and served with the Marines and also worked in the Medical field for years after.

Everyone I know is either gotten the vaccine or is waiting for the single dose J&J

Think read it in Army or Navy Times but link on CNN: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nearly-40-25-of-marines-have-declined-covid-19-vaccine/ar-BB1fu8dl

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

There may be some anti vaxers but those I know are more against the covid shot itself.  Some who don’t get the yearly flu shot are also in this category.  Personally most of those I know who don’t get flu shots, aren’t being vaccinated. They did get their kid’s immunized. 

You also don’t know peoples medical history with vaccines or present medical issues or maybe they consider themselves very healthy and have no risk factors.  Some just simply are not afraid of covid.  They are aware of the risk they are taking.  It’s none of our business.  Remember hippa says our medical information is private unless we choose to reveal it.  

I did get the vaccine but I didn’t do it without thinking it through.  Don’t judge others.  This not an absolute.  I don’t ever want my country dictating my healthcare.  

I hope another round of shots are not necessary. 

I want travel to open back up again.  I have no problem with cruise line requiring vaccines to travel but I’d hate for this to turn into a yearly thing.

After my research, from what they know, I was never that enthusiastic about the J and J as I felt the immunity was too low of a percentage.  If I’m going get vaccinated I want as much immunity as I can get.

Thank you, don't know why so many questioning what I was saying. Infos all available to anyone. Most people not getting Covid Vaccine are not traditional "Anti-Vaxers" As said before can't get a large percent get Annual Flu shot. Flu killed more kids last year then Covid, so not surprised many(60%) say they wont get their Kids CV Vaccine either. Not against any of it myself, my Parents and 10 Younger Siblings age 34-54 along with my 3 Kids all got our shots...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

I am surprised by that many 

If I was still active I would be pushing it

They trust DOC😇

As it's not been Licensed Vaccine and Emergency Use Authorized think is main reason they won't(or can't)order Military take it. Think I read it somewhere. Know numbers are higher now but few months ago only one US Active Duty Service Member(a Sailor) had died from Covid, along with 18 Reservist/National Guard Members. Know when I was in ARMY I had many Vaccine's including at least one Experimental, even Annual Flu shot's and don't even remembering if I wanted or approved.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, James4me said:

I heard on our news that there are more doses of this vaccine than people.  This tells me that a lot of people are going to wait.  The cruising folks, they were first in line to get it as soon as it was available.  I’m hearing to many bad side affects from these vaccines and I don’t trust our government unfortunately.  

What vaccine?

You are listening to the wrong people if they are telling you there are a lot of side effects. They are at best greatly exaggerating. But more likely maliciously spreading false rumors.

More than 800,000,000 vaccine doses have been administered. How many have reported "bad side effects"?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

As it's not been Licensed Vaccine and Emergency Use Authorized think is main reason they won't(or can't)order Military take it. Think I read it somewhere. Know numbers are higher now but few months ago only one US Active Duty Service Member(a Sailor) had died from Covid, along with 18 Reservist/National Guard Members. Know when I was in ARMY I had many Vaccine's including at least one Experimental, even Annual Flu shot's and don't even remembering if I wanted or approved.

Army that explains it  ARNT A REAL MARINE YET🤣

growing up we got vaccines, in boot we got vaccines, after Corp school i gave vaccines

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, broberts said:

What vaccine?

You are listening to the wrong people if they are telling you there are a lot of side effects. They are at best greatly exaggerating. But more likely maliciously spreading false rumors.

More than 800,000,000 vaccine doses have been administered. How many have reported "bad side effects"?

It is estimated that only 1% of adverse reactions get reported to VARES.  Short term side effects only, immediately after vaccination.

https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=AGE&EVENTS=ON&VAX=COVID19&VAXTYPES=COVID-19

Based on the death numbers, this is not your normal flu shot:

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.33.37 PM.png

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, James4me said:

I heard on our news that there are more doses of this vaccine than people.  This tells me that a lot of people are going to wait.  The cruising folks, they were first in line to get it as soon as it was available.  I’m hearing to many bad side affects from these vaccines and I don’t trust our government unfortunately.  

I developed severe headaches the day after my second vaccine in February.

Doctors tell me it is from a medical problem I had before the vaccine but I have had this problem since 2014 and never had headaches before.

Coincidence ,maybe .All I know is that I cannot get rid of the headaches no matter what I take .

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

It is estimated that only 1% of adverse reactions get reported to VARES.  Short term side effects only, immediately after vaccination.

https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=AGE&EVENTS=ON&VAX=COVID19&VAXTYPES=COVID-19

Based on the death numbers, this is not your normal flu shot:

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.33.37 PM.png

You should read what the CDC says about the data in VAERS, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html

The numbers you listed are deaths that occurred after a vaccination. They most assuredly are not a count of deaths caused by a vaccination. You are either ignorant of the facts or purposely trying to mislead people. Either way posting such misinformation is harmful.

Deaths from COVID-19 560,000. And you really want me to think that a vaccination is more dangerous? Really?

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I'd suggest that you stop reading that source. It obviously does no research or is intent on spreading false information.

https://www.navy.mil/US-Navy-COVID-19-Updates/

https://www.airforcemag.com/snapshot-dod-and-covid-19/

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, broberts said:

You should read what the CDC says about the data in VAERS, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html

The numbers you listed are deaths that occurred after a vaccination. They most assuredly are not a count of deaths caused by a vaccination. You are either ignorant of the facts or purposely trying to mislead people. Either way posting such misinformation is harmful.

Deaths from COVID-19 560,000. And you really want me to think that a vaccination is more dangerous? Really?

Straight numbers from the CDC are not harmful.  You claimed to be interested in current "bad side effects", that's the best I've got at the moment.  Assuming you were being sincere in not knowing, there's no reason to turn to name calling.

2020 had no increase in mortality over 2019, which makes sense at a .03% death rate.  Is the vaccine worse?  I have no idea, and neither do you.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Straight numbers from the CDC are not harmful.  You claimed to be interested in current "bad side effects", that's the best I've got at the moment.  Assuming you were being sincere in not knowing, there's no reason to turn to name calling.

2020 had no increase in mortality over 2019, which makes sense at a .03% death rate.  Is the vaccine worse?  I have no idea, and neither do you.

You claimed significant numbers reporting serious side effects. I asked for links to that data because quite honestly I seriously doubt your assertion. Apparently I am right to doubt the claim.

It seems you can't keep yourself from posting false and debunked  information.  

I do know that the vaccines are vastly better than COVID-19.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, broberts said:

You claimed significant numbers reporting serious side effects. I asked for links to that data because quite honestly I seriously doubt your assertion. Apparently I am right to doubt the claim.

It seems you can't keep yourself from posting false and debunked  information.  

I do know that the vaccines are vastly better than COVID-19.

If official CDC adverse cases and numbers are debunked, why not search yourself?  It makes no sense to get frustrated with other's searching skills if you're stumped yourself.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

If official CDC adverse cases and numbers are debunked, why not search yourself?  It makes no sense to get frustrated with other's searching skills if you're stumped yourself.

Not sure why you are trying to bait me. This one is as dishonest as those previous.

CDC numbers have not been debunked. The fact you and others feel the need to misrepresent data from the CDC just points out the emptiness of your arguments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 7:34 AM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Conspiracy theorists /anti vaxxers are such a small % of population.  BlueAnon will say they are DJT loyalists/republicans - but hey DJT got the vaccine.  

As it stands, 50% of our eligible population has received one or two doses.  Its only April 19th !  I think 75% of our population is going to get the vaccine.  I personally don't know anyone who isn't planning on getting it.  

Put a little carrot out there for people  - Hey no masks outside if you are vaccinated, or no masks by Sept 30th if we get X number of population vaccinated.  

The people that want to hang on to masking (with large swaths of our population eventually vaccinated) and pushing that narrative are the real conspiracy theorists and are anti science.   Quit pandering to people who are afraid to leave their bunkers - most of us at this point are pro vaccine and want to get on with it.  

• Like 5

On 4/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, loman said:

I had my first Pfizer shot this week and am scheduled to get the second in August .

I have never taken a flu shot so i was a tad reluctant to get this one. As more information became available i decided this one was probably a necessity .

If the science says we need a booster in 12 months i will get it also .

As for Pfizer saying you need one , its like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

More like your dental hygienist saying you need a cleaning or your doctor saying you need a physical. They make money off their services too and most of us would not begrudge them making a living. But some people will whine about a CEO of a Pharma company suggesting we might need a 3rd shot. Of course, many of those same people will also post on a certain cruise bulletin board about the next cruise deal they were offered by their favorite cruise line which they just have to take.  😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Not surprising.  Get the flu shot every 12 months.

Exactly!!  Hubby and I will be ready for a third dose if needed.  And as for the side effects, research it.  Even if you have no side effects, the vaccine is still doing what it's supposed to. I just read an article about that very thing this morning.  We had the Pfizer vaccine, and neither of us had any side effects, except for a sore arm, which can happen anytime a needle is jabbed into a muscle!  Different people will have different reactions - agree with broberts above.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

As it stands, 50% of our eligible population has received one or two doses.  Its only April 19th !  I think 75% of our population is going to get the vaccine.  I personally don't know anyone who isn't planning on getting it.  

Unfortunately, I know several people who will Not get vaccinated.    That includes Family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.      Some for medical reasons but most because they do not Trust the vaccine and want to wait until it is fully approved not just emergency use approval.    I will not argue with them as that is their personal choice.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unfortunately, I know several people who will Not get vaccinated.    That includes Family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.      Some for medical reasons but most because they do not Trust the vaccine and want to wait until it is fully approved not just emergency use approval.    I will not argue with them as that is their personal choice.

Wish they would consider.  Although I did have one major side effect a few weeks after my 2nd dose............... I stopped wearing my mask.  I follow the science!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, James4me said:

Which vaccines are you referring to? Is it the mRNA vaccines? If yes, what are the side effects you are referring to?

23 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Small Pox and Measles vaccines are not mRNA.  This technology has never been a success in prior experiments, yet we're suppose to trust the long term effects of a rushed job.  We won't know the long term side effects until the sample size (in this case, the whole world) have been vaccinated for a few years.

mRNA technology has been studied since 1990. Here is some information about it.......

mRN Vaccines - A New Era in Vaccinology

Cruising had absolutely nothing to do with me getting my Pfizer shots back in February.

• Like 3

WTH? Cruising had absolutely nothing to do with me getting the vaccine. Smh!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, broberts said:

Not sure why you are trying to bait me. This one is as dishonest as those previous.

CDC numbers have not been debunked. The fact you and others feel the need to misrepresent data from the CDC just points out the emptiness of your arguments.

You might not like the 3,005 quote, but it came from their website.  Why don't you ask the CDC for a retraction?  

CDC.png

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor