3rd vaccine dose likely needed

2 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

You might not like the 3,005 quote, but it came from their website.  Why don't you ask the CDC for a retraction?  

I am missing something here about the text you provided.  Does it mean that 0.00158% of millions of people who got vaccines happened to die later (how much later)?

It says each death was investigated by doctors, and they found no evidence that vaccines contributed to these deaths.   How does this suggest that vaccines are dangerous?  Or is that not what you're suggesting?

By the way, greetings from a fellow Arizonan!

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

I am missing something here about the text you provided.  Does it mean that 0.00158% of millions of people who got vaccines happened to die later (how much later)?

It says each death was investigated by doctors, and they found no evidence that vaccines contributed to these deaths.   How does this suggest that vaccines are dangerous?  Or is that not what you're suggesting?

By the way, greetings from a fellow Arizonan!

These stem from on site reactions after vaccination, where the patient later died at the hospital.  Timeframes may vary.  If someone leaves a vaccination site, and has a reaction at home, it is no longer under VAERS.

I find it odd that a standard year has 100 - 250 of these type of cases, yet the last 4 months have produced 3,000.

I don't consider .00158% dangerous.  I am concerned about the long term side effects of a new vaccine technology, where the masses are the test subjects.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

These stem from on site reactions after vaccination, where the patient later died at the hospital.  Timeframes may vary. 

But the CDC text says that doctors investigated each case and found no evidence that the vaccine caused the deaths. 

If the doctors are trustworthy, then maybe vaccines didn't cause the deaths. Instead, do you think it could be that, very, very, very occasionally, people happen to die at vaccination sites or at the hospital from stress, dehydration, or some other thing unrelated to the physiological effects of the vaccine?

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

But the CDC text says that doctors investigated each case and found no evidence that the vaccine caused the deaths. 

If the doctors are trustworthy, then maybe vaccines didn't cause the deaths. Instead, do you think it could be that, very, very, very occasionally, people happen to die at vaccination sites or at the hospital from stress, dehydration, or some other thing unrelated to the physiological effects of the vaccine?

3,000 in 4 months is a significant jump over 100 in the prior year, where stress and dehydration would also have been factors.  I'm not going to discuss subjective opinions about who's trustworthy, other than the shady history of some of these vaccine developers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I find it odd that a standard year has 100 - 250 of these type of cases, yet the last 4 months have produced 3,000.

Perhaps the difference can be resolved with simple arithmetic. In past years only a few million vaccinations have been done reach year. In the last 4 months, in addition to the usual vaccinations, something north of 150 million covid vaccinations shots have occurred.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, broberts said:

Perhaps the difference can be resolved with simple arithmetic. In past years only a few million vaccinations have been done reach year. In the last 4 months, in addition to the usual vaccinations, something north of 150 million covid vaccinations shots have occurred.

According to Politfacts, 37.1% of the US population got the Flu vaccine in 2017, the most recent data at the time of the article, but tends to be closer to 50%.

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The irony in all of this is that the same people who a year ago were callously comparing death rates of covid to the flu and car accidents are now afraid of a vaccine killing them.

I think that is a small group of people.   I don't judge anyone who is hesitant about getting a vaccine that was created and distributed so quickly ( I think its incredible - happily vaxed ) People will come around and get the vaccine when they feel comfortable.   The fact that 50% of our eligible population has at least one dose should make us all happy.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

You might not like the 3,005 quote, but it came from their website.  Why don't you ask the CDC for a retraction?  

CDC.png

Did you read the CDC quote or just cut and paste it?  VAERS is an open reporting system and claims are then verified.  Just because something is reported does not make it fact.  The CDC statement: "A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

According to Politfacts, 37.1% of the US population got the Flu vaccine in 2017, the most recent data at the time of the article, but tends to be closer to 50%.

I must admit to forgetting about flu vaccinations.  

Since you seem to have some familiarity with Politifacts I'm surprised that you are ignoring its Mostly False designation of the numbers you seem so concerned about.

Ultimately I don't think one can take a single measurement and compare it a) in isolation from other contributing factors, and b) using different periods for the samples.

8 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

3,000 in 4 months is a significant jump over 100 in the prior year, where stress and dehydration would also have been factors.  I'm not going to discuss subjective opinions about who's trustworthy, other than the shady history of some of these vaccine developers. 

It is not a proven fact that all or any of the 3,000 deaths were directly related to the vaccine -- as a matter of fact, the CDC says vaccines are safe and these reported deaths are being investigated. So far nearly 600,000 Americans have died of CV19.  It is easy to see which is riskier -- getting the vaccine or getting Covid. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I'm not going to discuss subjective opinions about who's trustworthy, other than the shady history of some of these vaccine developers. 

Some posters by now would have said 'it's the CDC, they're a bunch of liars'. It's commendable that you have not said that, and don't want to cast aspersions on the doctors who investigated these deaths.

But it looks like you'd need to do this to make your case.

Doctors investigated over 3000 deaths and didn't find even one that was due to the vaccine!  Either they're right, or they're not to be trusted.   If they're not to be trusted, then why not?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

Some posters by now would have said 'it's the CDC, they're a bunch of liars'. It's commendable that you have not said that, and don't want to cast aspersions on the doctors who investigated these deaths.

But it looks like you'd need to do this to make your case.

Doctors investigated over 3000 deaths and didn't find even one that was due to the vaccine!  Either they're right, or they're not to be trusted.   If they're not to be trusted, then why not?

On a positive note from this morning - "The U.S. State Department said on Monday it will boost its "Do Not Travel" guidance to about 80% of countries worldwide" (I paused reading on the word in bold thinking "finally! the light at the end of...!")  Well done!  It's so inspiring!

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Can anyone tell me one country in this world that covid failed to sweep through and wreak havoc, hospitalization , and death because of a mask mandate?

I think your key phrase here is 'because of'.

There are certainly countries with mask mandates that performed far, far better than we did.

For example, South Korea mandated masks, had 99% compliance (of course) and the peak daily cases this winter were about 1050, whereas Florida's daily cases during the same period were more than 13,000, despite having a much lower population and less population density.

There are bumps in South Korea's graph at about the same times as Florida's, but if you put the graphs on the same scale, Korea's bumps are very small next to Florida's huge spikes.

On the other hand, maybe other measures taken by South Korea did most of the work in reducing spread.  Also, there are other demographic variables such as the average age of the population that may be factors when we compare countries.

So I wouldn't be comfortable saying that South Korea's success was 'because of' mask mandates. We'd need sophisticated statistical analyses to assess how much mask mandates mattered.

All I can do is make a (non-epidemiologist) guess based on everything I've read.  My guess is that the common and effective KF94 masks that were apparently already worn by many for dust control may have been a factor in South Korea's success, along with many other factors.  But I don't know South Korea, so I'd be interested to hear from someone who does.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, jonbgd said:

Can you share the links about the Military and Medical field

Since I am a  Corpsman and served with the Marines and also worked in the Medical field for years after.

Everyone I know is either gotten the vaccine or is waiting for the single dose J&J

I heard 30% of military, and that was surprising to both my husband and I. He served in the military, and NOT getting vaccinated wasn't even an option back then. I guess times have changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

I think your key phrase here is 'because of'.

There are certainly countries with mask mandates that performed far, far better than we did.

For example, South Korea mandated masks, had 99% compliance (of course) and the peak daily cases this winter were about 1050, whereas Florida's daily cases during the same period were more than 13,000, despite having a much lower population and less population density.

There are bumps in South Korea's graph at about the same times as Florida's, but if you put the graphs on the same scale, Korea's bumps are very small next to Florida's huge spikes.

On the other hand, maybe other measures taken by South Korea did most of the work in reducing spread.  Also, there are other demographic variables such as the average age of the population that may be factors when we compare countries.

So I wouldn't be comfortable saying that South Korea's success was 'because of' mask mandates. We'd need sophisticated statistical analyses to assess how much mask mandates mattered.

All I can do is make a (non-epidemiologist) guess based on everything I've read.  My guess is that the common and effective KF94 masks that were apparently already worn by many for dust control may have been a factor in South Korea's success, along with many other factors.  But I don't know South Korea, so I'd be interested to hear from someone who does.

I would rather live in Florida then South Korea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2021 at 7:09 PM, lenquixote66 said:

A lot of people are moving from Manhattan to LI .

On 4/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Yes I can't believe what they are paying for 65 yr old Cape. I'm ready to move to Florida.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:27 PM, lenquixote66 said:

The daughter and son in law of one of my cousins recently left their Manhattan apartment to buy a 90 year old house in Nassau on the south shore ,not on the water for nearly $700,000.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Iamcruzin said:

My SIL is listed her 2006 Colonial on 50X100 property in Nassau for $950 and moving to a new home in South Florida.  She lives in a good school district but not near the shore. Her taxes in NY are close to $20,000 a year. 

On 4/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Ashland said:

Best of luck to them....Nassau is a port I try to avoid.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Iamcruzin said:

LOL Nassau County Long Island not Nassau the Island.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:40 PM, Ashland said:

My mistake :classic_laugh:.....I have a BIL that lives in Manhatten and Quogue and that's all I know about NY and the only two places we visit :classic_wink:

How did we get from vaccine to real estate ??

On 4/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, Yorkvillain said:

par for the course on Cruise Critic 

NYC chat is actually trending now. 

This is at least the 4th or 5th conversion

On 4/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, lenquixote66 said:

This post is cruise related :

I live in a town house condo.Many people sold their homes in the past 12 months to move to Fla .but a couple who were on a cruise with my wife and I in 2018 bought a house here last year.

Seriously🤔

This is how you define cruise related.

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Seriously🤔

This is how you define cruise related.

Not mentioning any names but a person posted a similiar statement and I checked her posts on threads to see how many non cruise comments she made that changed the drift of a thread and stopped at 17.Perhaps I should do the same thing with you ?