3rd vaccine dose likely needed

After my recent experience I am not in a hurry to get the booster.  You are correct in that why wouldn’t they want you to have to buy more of their product?  Of course, since the government is paying, I think they will eventually realize we need a shot every 3 months....

It sucks to be cynical and realistic

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Pfizer and Moderna announced booster trials a month or more ago. They have the blood from their original phase 2 trial participants and know exactly how well the the antibody response is doing after a half a year or more. And the effects a booster will have on the protection of the virus. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

After my recent experience I am not in a hurry to get the booster.  You are correct in that why wouldn’t they want you to have to buy more of their product?  Of course, since the government is paying, I think they will eventually realize we need a shot every 3 months....

It sucks to be cynical and realistic

My understanding is that the side affects were a positive sign that the vaccine was indeed working, and if you had "no" side affects you should have your Dr. do an antibody test.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

My understanding is that the side affects were a positive sign that the vaccine was indeed working, and if you had "no" side affects you should have your Dr. do an antibody test.

That doesn't make much sense to me. People have different responses to any vaccination. Just like they have different responses to a viral infection. Since many covid sufferers are asymptomatic it seems to me that many receiving vaccinations will likely have no reaction.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

If I were Pfizer, I would be making that recommendation too.

💰 💰 💰 

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

BINGO !

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Moderna needs the $$$$ more, and since that company is tight with Fauci, boosters are definitely coming whether they're needed or not.

Are these posters being paid to make such comments? 

Doesn't feel so good to have baseless accusations direct at you, does it?

Edited by broberts
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

I feel so much better now knowing this.😂  A week ago, I was pretty certain, I would have preferred no side affects.😵

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Moderna needs the $$$$ more, and since that company is tight with Fauci, boosters are definitely coming whether they're needed or not.

I'm the only one in my family or friends who had Moderna shot. That was the first appointment that I could get. It seems to be in less supply than Pfizer at least here in NY.  I didn't have any side effects but someone I work with who also had Moderna was sick for 3 days. 

I am very surprised by the negative comments about needing a booster. I'm not Bill Nye the Science Guy but common sense tells me that with the new variations that we are seeing in virus that a booster would be needed.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 8

We've all been fooled by the variant talk. There have been several variants across the world and in the USA before the UK variant got hyped, but only as the pandemic has seen the light at the end of the tunnel are we suddenly told to be concerned about the variants.

• Like 4