What gets you in the mood...

Terre

When we first started cruising all the ships had live steel drum bands playing around the pool during the day and evening.  That really made me feel like I was in the Caribbean and put me in the cruising mood!  Now that we don't have that anymore, what gets you in the mood to cruise after you step onto the ship? 

15 minutes ago, Terre said:

When we first started cruising all the ships had live steel drum bands playing around the pool during the day and evening.  That really made me feel like I was in the Caribbean and put me in the cruising mood!  Now that we don't have that anymore, what gets you in the mood to cruise after you step onto the ship? 

loaded question, going to need to give it some thought for CC approved response 😁

Edited by LGW59
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I thought the same thing LOL!

TrulyBlonde, I will meet you in the retreat, we can both dress up in our birthday suits, I am sure yours is far nicer than mine, and we can ponder this over a libation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m easy, its being handed that first glass of wine/sparkly and sipping away as we walk into the ship! Nothing quite the same. 

After that, its hearing the ship’s horn as be pull away and ‘feel’ the first bit of a roll. 

Den

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

TrulyBlonde, I will meet you in the retreat, we can both dress up in our birthday suits, I am sure yours is far nicer than mine, and we can ponder this over a libation

At least I know we are both fun 🙂 We think the same.

• Like 2

One of the members of the group we cruise with always talks about "Getting his cruise on".  He usually gets this feeling after a few drinks on embarkation day.  I think it's the whole - take a deep breath and relax - the vacation is starting and were here to have fun.

• Like 2

Sailing out of Venice, the fjords of Norway, Rio at sunset, pre cruise days in Barcelona, sunrise over the Opera House as  the ship sails into Sydney harbor.  It’s the amazing places the ships take us to is what gets us in the mood

• Like 1

You are right about the sights you see of a city from the harbor. That is one unique thing about cruising, is seeing these beautiful cities from the ocean. 

i always tell visitors of San Francisco to take the ferry over to Sausalito and back, and you’ll see SF as it needs to be seen. 

love the  approach and departure of these cities.

den 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terre said:

We always book Tuscan Grill as it opens first night...We will have had a busy few days pre cruise traveling and sightseeing then on boarding there is the unpacking, muster, checking things we have pre ordered have been sorted....

Much as we enjoy the fizz on boarding and a pre dinner drink it is only as we sit down in Tuscan, menu in hand, first glass of wine being poured and look out of the back of the ship we get that ‘now we are on holiday’ feel. Usually the port is still in view but getting further and further away and as day turns into night we look out of the window at the wake of the ship....Magical!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Terre said:

Actually, stepping onto the ship does it for me.

• Like 6

Believe it or not I always love the muster drill. That's when I know we're good to go and they can't tell me my papers aren't in order or they overbooked and I'll have to take the next ship. They play that corny video and I laugh and I laugh and all the stresses of life start to ooze out of me.

• Like 2

I worry about all pre-cruise issues. Flight, pre-hotel, getting to the port and lastly getting through the paperwork to get on the ship. Once we get on the ship and I know we are fine, I then let my three hairs down and get in the mood. 

Edited by Mike981
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I love booking the trip, talking about it......planning our pre-cruise stay over at the starting port, planning our excursions, exploring the ship, meeting wonderful folks from around the world and having beautiful ports to visit and wonderful foods to try. I also very much miss reading all my fellow cruisers trip reports.  Cheers to all!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

When we arrive at our pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale and change from winter to summer clothes. Then go out for a walk and see palm trees and flowers.  Yeah!  We are on vacation!

We live in Florida, so our ‘winter clothes’ are your summer clothes!!

Den

Stepping on board, getting that glass of bubbly (even if it is "fake"), and then proceeding to the Martini Bar to upgrade to the premium beverage package.   Ok......truth be told......the drive to the airport and parking the car is usually enough to do it! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Arriving at the airport on my way to debarkation city.  We usually fly in at least a day or two prior to sailing so my cruise mood begins at the beginning of the line!

Pity the people sitting on the plane anywhere near me when they hear "are we there yet?" MULTIPLE times during the flight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1