The Daily for Sunday Apr 25, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all! 

Yesterday’s gloom gave way to sun. This morning we are starting with fog. It usually burns off (we get fog a lot, being above Lake Taneycomo and below the Table Rock dam). Right now golfers would have a hard time finding the hole.

Interesting days. My experience with penguins has all been at Penguin Cove at the St Louis Zoo. Alfred Hitchcock was a strange man, but I loved his TV show. Still on my IPad this morning, so no pictures today. I will be back home on my computer later tonight as we are heading home.

Drink sounds like it may be a winner and I love the Chilean wines.

Prayers this morning for all on our care list 🙏 and always happy to celebrate the good times 🍷

Take care,

St Louis Sal

Have a safe trip home.

• Like 5

Thanks Rich and all. It’s still raining here. Most of our group of 59 trailers and about 95 people will head home this afternoon. Old habits die hard. Some of us know we have no where we must be so will stay one more night and leave Monday.  It snowed at home last night so rain is a better choice right now. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thanks Rich and all. It’s still raining here. Most of our group of 59 trailers and about 95 people will head home this afternoon. Old habits die hard. Some of us know we have no where we must be so will stay one more night and leave Monday.  It snowed at home last night so rain is a better choice right now. 

Safe travels tomorrow.

• Like 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. Love Penguins and saw many in Antarctica and the Falklands. It's also ANZAC day.

Classic Hitchcock!

I could go for taco salad today. Also like Roy's meal and the drinks.

I exited the Panama Canal at Colon/Cristobal on my last cruise (Nov 2019). No pics of Colon/Cristobal as I was on the other side of the ship taking pictures.

@kazu Congrats on your "jab".

@ger_77 Happy Birthday to your DH!

@Seasick Sailor Me too on the Hitchcock movies! I never watched The Birds, as just snippets of what I saw on TV scared me. Psycho too, even though I knew the blood in the shower scene was really Hershey's Chocolate Syrup!

@mamaofami I think you made a wise decision on the party.

@lindaler Safe travels

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe all and wear your mask.

A couple of pics from Bluff Cove, Falkland Islands

1485894979_073-01_02_19.thumb.jpg.804db5b22cf66ec502a7a237473933b0.jpg

1265624805_077-02_03_29.thumb.jpg.cf77457c614d59a0f5aebf76615d57ce.jpg

• Like 23

53 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Have a safe & enjoyable trip.

• Like 4

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to Rich and Roy, another Sunday under our belts.  It's almost May!  Happy Birthday to @ger_77's DH, and well done, @kazu, for getting your vaccination.  Now it's hurry up and wait for the second one.   And I read in the paper that Trudeau has ordered over 30 million booster shots for the future - hope they can include all the variants of concern.  I wonder how soon that third shot will be required.

We love penguins, so I will add a few photos of those, as we have never entered the Panama Canal from the Pacific side - that will be on the agenda for the future.

From the largest to the smallest we have seen....

Kings on South Georgia Island

P1010062.thumb.JPG.c8d821680a2f6be91a1d213da8f62711.JPG

and Fairy penguins in Australia

P1030856.JPG.a42de9732b015294a3bd4130d3b4aed8.JPG

And in between

Humboldts in Peru

P1040517.thumb.JPG.e8a71ff66e847d11fd7e924bdf1bb3f6.JPG

Macaronis in Antarctica

P1000963.thumb.JPG.7feaabc4233b58e6c6dc0ede9408b1e6.JPG

Gentoos nesting on South Georgia

P1020918.thumb.JPG.484dff3d58e3aa8bb857cc769d341508.JPG

Rockhoppers on New Island in the FalklandsP1020743.thumb.JPG.259674b7a662cbb6793750b29c7402e2.JPG

Chinstraps on Half Moon Island

P1010781.thumb.JPG.a4c61af30d6c66b12f4a3be02b2fac9c.JPG

Magellanic penguin in Port Stanley, Falklands

P1060551.JPG.72b001c9d16698a9515fb99dda1580e7.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to Rich and Roy, another Sunday under our belts.  It's almost May!  Happy Birthday to @ger_77's DH, and well done, @kazu, for getting your vaccination.  Now it's hurry up and wait for the second one.   And I read in the paper that Trudeau has ordered over 30 million booster shots for the future - hope they can include all the variants of concern.  I wonder how soon that third shot will be required.

We love penguins, so I will add a few photos of those, as we have never entered the Panama Canal from the Pacific side - that will be on the agenda for the future.

From the largest to the smallest we have seen....

Kings on South Georgia Island

P1010062.thumb.JPG.c8d821680a2f6be91a1d213da8f62711.JPG

and Fairy penguins in Australia

P1030856.JPG.a42de9732b015294a3bd4130d3b4aed8.JPG

And in between

Humboldts in Peru

P1040517.thumb.JPG.e8a71ff66e847d11fd7e924bdf1bb3f6.JPG

Macaronis in Antarctica

P1000963.thumb.JPG.7feaabc4233b58e6c6dc0ede9408b1e6.JPG

Gentoos nesting on South Georgia

P1020918.thumb.JPG.484dff3d58e3aa8bb857cc769d341508.JPG

Rockhoppers on New Island in the FalklandsP1020743.thumb.JPG.259674b7a662cbb6793750b29c7402e2.JPG

Chinstraps on Half Moon Island

P1010781.thumb.JPG.a4c61af30d6c66b12f4a3be02b2fac9c.JPG

Magellanic penguin in Port Stanley, Falklands

P1060551.JPG.72b001c9d16698a9515fb99dda1580e7.JPG

Great pictures Ann !  @VictOriann  We have seen only 4 of those you posted ........ we'll have to do some more cruising I guess .

• Like 7

Happy Sunday and Thank You for the Daily!✏️

@ger_77 Best Wishes to your husband on his special day.🎂

✔️ for penguins in many places including Australia and NZ, Argentina, Chile, Falklands and most recently in Kaanapali (Maui), LOL ! 🌴🐧🙃

I had to check "cruise history" to see how many times and what ships for our Panama Canal adventures....Volendam for HAL...others Princess, Celebrity and a long, long time ago Carnival.😁

👍Remembering the sacrifice of Australians and New Zealanders today!!

🙏Prayers to all in need.

FB_IMG_1619363730927.jpg

• Like 16

Good afternoon.  I've enjoyed all the pictures of the penguins.  We have only seen the Magellanic penguins on the Falkland Islands.  The other two days are interesting. 

We should never forget the sacrifices made by the Australians and New Zealanders at Gallipoli.  In 2008, the Prinsendam sailed by the battle site, but unfortunately, my picture did not turnout good enough to share.

Not sure about Hickcock's quote.  I like some of his movies, but others are just too scary, so once was enough for them.  Of all his pictures, North By Northwest, is our favorite.  I read once that after the shower scene in Psycho, Janet Leigh never took another shower.

It looks like we have left the 60F daytime temperatures behind until next fall. 🤞 Today and tomorrow will be in the 80s ☀️  and then we'll go between the 70s and 80s for the next ten days or so.  As is typical of this time of year, there is a possibility of thunderstorms in the afternoons starting Tuesday though Sunday.  I won't complain about the rain as that means we won't have to turn on the sprinkler.

@ger_77   🥂 🎂 HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DH! 🎂 🥂 .   It sounds like you have a fun day planned.

@smitty34877  Sorry about your appliance woes.  Hopefully, the icemaker's problem is the same as the one we hand in March.  It was just a hole in the water line behind the refrigerator and was an easy fix.

I think I'll sit outside and enjoy the warm weather and my book this afternoon.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18

38 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Happy Sunday and Thank You for the Daily!✏️

@ger_77 Best Wishes to your husband on his special day.🎂

✔️ for penguins in many places including Australia and NZ, Argentina, Chile, Falklands and most recently in Kaanapali (Maui), LOL ! 🌴🐧🙃

I had to check "cruise history" to see how many times and what ships for our Panama Canal adventures....Volendam for HAL...others Princess, Celebrity and a long, long time ago Carnival.😁

👍Remembering the sacrifice of Australians and New Zealanders today!!

🙏Prayers to all in need.

FB_IMG_1619363730927.jpg

Yes, the Hyatt has a penguin habitat on Maui (along with parrots with colorful phrases!) 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yes, the Hyatt has a penguin habitat on Maui (along with parrots with colorful phrases!) 

😎🌴We like walking on the Beach pathway in the mornings and seeing the penguins--doesn't get old, LOL!🐧  Good thing we visited Maui in March---news now says renting cars at the airport is problematic.🙃

20210425_123253.jpg

• Like 10

I'll post just a few photos somewhat related to Cristobal.  The first group were taken on a cruise where we were at Panama City but I had a tour that visited the new Atlantic Locks that are unlikely to be seen from a BHB (Except possibly someday from Rotterdam):

losangeles.jpg

closing.jpg

anangel.jpg

In 2018 the Crystal Symphony docked in Cristobal.  I found very little attractive or of interest at the port, except for the approach of the Zuiderdam coming in for the evening:

zuidapproach.jpg

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Exciting to read that the Rotterdam, yes the new one or VII, is underway to begin her sea trials.  With 3 months to go before the first cruise, is this "On Time" for a new build?

I think so.  The question will not be if she is “on time” or if they can do more than a 7 day cruise on her with covid.  A lot can change in a few months though.  Let’s hope it is for the better.  I am tired of bad news.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Alfred Hitchcock films used to be a favorite for my DH and I.  We went t9o see Psaycho the day our first child was due and it scared the baby so bad that he waited another 3 weeks before making his appearance.

Love, love , love Taco salads and I will happily take all the avacados that any of you will give me.

Brief update re Kakalena. She had had all her tests and the cancer has not spread to either the lymph nodes or the brain.  Ready now for surgery but she is getting quite frustrated with the problems gettin her set up with a thoracic surgeon that is in her Medicare Advantage network.

Jane

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I just noticed I passed a milestone on CC --- the 5000+ club sometime this past week.  Too busy enjoying the Daily to notice I guess.  

It's taken me long enough.  I've been a member since 2006!🙂

The Daily is the most I've ever posted outside of a Roll Call.  I think I'm behind you a bit.  

Oops.  I guess not.  Just saw my post count when I submitted this.  

Edited by dfish
add information
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

The Daily is the most I've ever posted outside of a Roll Call.  I think I'm behind you a bit.  

Oops.  I guess not.  Just saw my post count when I submitted this.  

We're neck and neck!!

That old saying sure is odd isn't it?  I guess it means close together in a race.  Weird how these things just pop into your mind.🤪

• Like 6

Good afternoon.

Penguin day is a great day.  Have enjoyed seeing penguins is several places.  Hopefully someday we will make it to the Galapagos to penguins there.

We have done both a partial and full transit of the Panama canal.  Have another booked in March 2022.  

Having dinner with the family soon.  My daughter is brining lentil sausage soup and I am providing salad, veggies and dessert.  Keeping it simple.  The fellows get to do dishes while we entertain the grandkids.  

Thank for all the information.  Prayer and celebrations to those on the lists.

Looking forward to a great week. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We're neck and neck!!

That old saying sure is odd isn't it?  I guess it means close together in a race.  Weird how these things just pop into your mind.🤪

Congratulations!  I’ll bring up the rear😂

• Like 5