July start!!

Shakatime

2 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Not rare at all.  The medical director where I work sees this every day.

OK, so that's 1 medical director. I'd be interested to know how many cases per day the MD sees, and how typical those results are compared to the rest of the country. Anecdotal evidence is speculative at best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I am ok if my Christmas Mardi Gras ship is not at capacity. more space by the serenity pool to relax and read my kindle. 

Me too!  My cruise is in August and if it's not at capacity that will be great.  We are vaccinated and ready to roll.  Reading about cruise ships arriving in US ports so the crew can be vaccinated is very encouraging.

• Like 2

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Me too!  My cruise is in August and if it's not at capacity that will be great.  We are vaccinated and ready to roll.  Reading about cruise ships arriving in US ports so the crew can be vaccinated is very encouraging.

my entire fam is vaccinated so we are ready!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Just out of interest to anyone involved in the discussion:

Isn't it a moot point?  Illegal undocumented immigrants aren't going to take their kids on a cruise, whether they have proof of vaccination or not.

It may very well be moot when it comes to cruises, but getting as many as possible vaccinated would help towards the goal of herd immunity. And herd immunity would help a return to normalcy including cruises.

11 hours ago, dandeck said:

If someone forges and an infection is traced back to them, OUCH!!   Tracing is easy.  That person would be screwed big time.  If a death were to result from a forgery, civil & criminal charges...The vaccine is easy to get, readily available.  Anyone would be crazy to subject themselves to such risk.  

These boards are full of crazy fools.  In regards to chips, I prefer to rely on the Covid sniffing hounds.  Will be great work for them at the ports and they certainly must be included in any risk mitigation plans.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

It may very well be moot when it comes to cruises, but getting as many as possible vaccinated would help towards the goal of herd immunity. And herd immunity would help a return to normalcy including cruises.

Oh, I agree.  But herd immunity will require more than just getting undocumented school kids vaccinated.  Fortunately it appears that states are opening up availability to the vaccine to people who, um, can't prove they are a local resident, ifyaknowhatimean.  So it will help, at least.  In theory.

On 4/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, lizord said:

I'm thinking the cruise lines will cancel all existing sailings (in waves) and put out limited ships, therefore they can charge higher prices, they can decide to not allow kids, and require vaccination on these "new sailings." Plus there will be an increase in guests stuck with FCC with only high priced cruises to use them on. That's how it has worked in every market that has or soon will resume cruising. I don't think they will get clearance and just sail the cruises as scheduled.

I don't believe they are going to cancel ALL EXISTING sailings, that would be a nightmare for Carnival, they will continue as they have with cancellations until cruising is up to par. Some folks have cruises booked for 2022, why would they make folks even more uneasy by cancelling those. Just my opinion though.😊

7 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

DeSantis has declared the Covid-19 emergency over in Florida, I wonder if that will help our cause ?

I'd say it was political hot air/posturing - but that's the nature of the game. If it helps the cruising scene - great. 

Tom

• Like 2

I am so happy about the July and and the vaccine guidance. Realistically there is no way cruise lines can operate without (effective) vaccine mandates. For one, legal nightmare for them otherwise. So good to just have this be the deal and everyone can carry on!

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 12:44 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

You're mistaken.  Linking databases is not difficult or expensive.  Verification WILL be done and not by those silly cards.

Agreed. And this technology is well under way for many government bodies. Google "Vax Pass"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Surely nice to read.

I hope CA does the same.

Right now most vax clinics are simply taking walk ins because they can't fill the allocated appointments. I got my first shot at Kaiser last week and it was a ghost town in there.

It looks like Miracle is at Long Beach right now so hopefully the crew can get vax'd and can start those three and four days cruises once again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

DeSantis has declared the Covid-19 emergency over in Florida, I wonder if that will help our cause ?

I don't see how this helps, CDC is requiring 95% passengers vaccinated before sailing and DeSantis is requiring no company be able to ask if you have been vaccinated or not. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/senate-ok-needed-to-send-florida-vaccine-passport-ban-to-desantis-desk

We are ready for Mardi Gras on July 24. My wife and I are vaccinated. Currently our daughter cannot because of age. I believe under 16 is going to be that 5%. IF the vaccine is approved for 12-15 AND we can get in the first group (by mid-June), then she will be vaccinated as well.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, travelplus said:

Wait a minute here other Countries ask for proof of Yellow Fever vaccination so what's the difference?

The difference is for Yellow Fever you would do just that - proof and then enjoy your holiday.  Here is what I call "multi-day field trip to the Hospital" - with all these multi-pages "protocols", rules to follow, items to remember, restrictions to obey....  Masks alone make the what is supposed to be a vacation a miserable incident (I picture myself standing on the upper deck facing the fresh salty ocean air breeze with waves sound around me and... a wet rag blocking my breath and faceless non-communicating people around me, some closely observing others to complain instead of wild nature in the ocean).  And all that for thousands of dollars.  I really, really cannot comprehend how anyone might actually (truly) enjoy this kind of cruise.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

(I picture myself standing on the upper deck facing the fresh salty ocean air breeze with waves sound around me and... a wet rag blocking my breath and faceless non-communicating people around me, some closely observing others to complain instead of wild nature in the ocean).  And all that for thousands of dollars.  I really, really cannot comprehend how anyone might actually (truly) enjoy this kind of cruise.

And that's why i rescheduled our cruise on the Mardi Gras for late 2022, praying that by then mask will be a thing of the past. Time will tell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

Surely nice to read.

I hope CA does the same.

Right now most vax clinics are simply taking walk ins because they can't fill the allocated appointments. I got my first shot at Kaiser last week and it was a ghost town in there.

It looks like Miracle is at Long Beach right now so hopefully the crew can get vax'd and can start those three and four days cruises once again.

I think it is coming, but different levels of vaccination is the state remain a challenge.  For example, the three bay area counties I visit are all over 70% now, with North Berkeley, home of aggressively progressive government outreach and a great vaccination center at Golden Gates Field, now at 99% adults vaccinated!

Sadly some CA rural and cental valley counties continue to lag with numbers in the twenties or thirties, with some rprefusing vaccines on grounds well shared in media already.  Sad that they have not been guided by health experts, so that may delay a returning to CA cruising, but I hope not.  We all need to get behind our health experts and promote full vaccination.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

If it was that simple, why didn't our leaders do that a long time ago?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3