Odyssey re-deploying due to Middle East conflict?

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why can't they be upfront on what is going on................yeah before everyone tells me it's an everychanging enviroment.

Because everyone would then be complaining about lack of info about refunds/L&S/FCCs or lack of info about new sailings.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Makes you wonder though why we can't hear it first from Royal Caribbean rather then outside sources.

Just put a bad taste in your mouth. Why can't they be upfront on what is going on................yeah before everyone tells me it's an everychanging enviroment.

Tired of hearing that BS, get off the pot and tell everyone what your thoughts are and where this cruiseline is heading?

Sorry, but seems unreasonable in this specific instance. Once Royal decides to move the ship to Florida to get some of the crew vaccinated, it takes them about 10 minutes to figure out which crew they don't have US visa's for on file, and one phone call to the ship to tell it to head to Cyprus to drop them off, then to head to the US. So within an hour of making the decision, all the crew on board could know, and they all have internet.

It's unreasonable to think Royal, at noon on a Friday, can make snap final decisions on exactly how long they are cancelling the cruises in Israel for, what financial compensation they will offer for the cancellations, and organize all of their press releases. As soon as Royal officially announces anything, all of their travel agents will get flooded with questions. Waiting to announce the information to the public until they have answers to the questions they know will be asked, and have communicated those answers to the travel agents who will get asked them, is just common sense. You also will have the flood of people asking about cruises on the brand new ship from the US, and need answers for all that. The fact there is a very small subsection of cruisers who are following the situation so closely as to find out as soon as the boat turns around is and should be a pretty minor concern for Royal, in my opinion.

Of course, Royal is guilty of waiting forever to release decisions to the public when they could or should be able to at other times. There is no way July cruises are happening on ships they haven't even contracted staff for in mid-May, but they haven't announced those cancelations. And those are cancelations they've known for a month were highly likely, and could have planned. So, even if I disagree with you on Odyssey, Royal has done exactly what you are complaining about plenty of times, waiting to put out information they certainly have on cancelations; so I totally get them not deserving the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Tolkmit

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Makes you wonder though why we can't hear it first from Royal Caribbean rather then outside sources.

Just put a bad taste in your mouth. Why can't they be upfront on what is going on................yeah before everyone tells me it's an everychanging enviroment.

Tired of hearing that BS, get off the pot and tell everyone what your thoughts are and where this cruiseline is heading?

Could be because Royal has no plans to cancel any of the Israeli sailings..........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

As soon as Royal officially announces anything, all of their travel agents will get flooded with questions.

I'd like to point out that Friday in Israel is only a half day work, if at all. Travel agencies are closed.

Then we have Saturday (Shabbat), and tomorrow, Sunday, it's a holiday eve (everything is closed too).

Then Monday is the holiday, so actually you have 4 days where the Royal's agent in Israel and all the travel agencies connected with it are closed...

• Like 4

Just now, dani negreanu said:

I'd like to point out that Friday in Israel is only a half day work, if at all. Travel agencies are closed.

Then we have Saturday (Shabbat), and tomorrow, Sunday, it's a holiday eve (everything is closed too).

Then Monday is the holiday, so actually you have 4 days where the Royal's agent in Israel and all the travel agencies connected with it are closed...

Ah, good point. And I was talking about noon EST, so that was probably already after sundown in Israel and Shabbat had started.

36 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Could be because Royal has no plans to cancel any of the Israeli sailings..........

I don't think that's possible if they come to Florida. 9 days to get to Florida, 1 day to get everyone the Johnson and Johnson vaccine shot, and 14 days after that shot before the crew are considered fully vaccinated means there is no way they are ready by June 4. And that's all best case scenario for cruises happening from Israel. If the crew is getting Moderna or Pfizer, and needs both shots, add in the 3 or 4 weeks in between.

They may not have canceled the entire Israel season as one report is claiming, but I think they have to be cancelling at least some of it (if they head towards Florida in the next day or two).

Edited by Tolkmit

9 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

Ah, good point. And I was talking about noon EST, so that was probably already after sundown in Israel and Shabbat had started.

Exactly. When you posted, it was ~9PM.

I've tried to contact the "manager" of the Israeli CC, and he in turn tried to get an answer from his sources, and he got me the Port of Haifa authorities reply...

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Exactly. When you posted, it was ~9PM.

I've tried to contact the "manager" of the Israeli CC, and he in turn tried to get an answer from his sources, and he got me the Port of Haifa authorities reply...

Ah, nice. I, and I'm sure everyone here, really appreciate you doing so much to keep us informed on everything coming out over there, especially considering all you are going through right now.

I'm guessing Royal just told the people at Port of Haifa the same thing they told the crew when they announced the new plan; not to release the information publicly until the official announcement was made. The Port authorities have a little more responsibility to follow those guidelines. Or the Port Authorities know Royal hasn't decided anything for sure and is still likely to come back soon, while the crew get told the backup plan of coming to the US, because that's the one the crew actually would need to start doing things for, as if it's plan A. Until Royal makes an official announcement, we really know nothing for sure, especially with the information you got from the Port.

Edited by Tolkmit
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

I don't think that's possible if they come to Florida. 9 days to get to Florida, 1 day to get everyone the Johnson and Johnson vaccine shot, and 14 days after that shot before the crew are considered fully vaccinated means there is no way they are ready by June 4. And that's all best case scenario for cruises happening from Israel. If the crew is getting Moderna or Pfizer, and needs both shots, add in the 3 or 4 weeks in between.

They may not have canceled the entire Israel season as one report is claiming, but I think they have to be cancelling at least some of it (if they head towards Florida in the next day or two).

IF they come to Florida. 

Nowhere on any AIS tracking site does Odyssey have a course plotted for Florida 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If that happens, I wonder if it will just absorb all the current Allure bookings since it is already fully crewed.

That would be fine IF RCCL let's us L&S from Allure to Odyssey. We have a B2B in August and the final payment is due on Monday. Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

That would be fine IF RCCL let's us L&S from Allure to Odyssey. We have a B2B in August and the final payment is due on Monday. Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a B2B on Alure in July, and another in August, then a B2B in October. Not sure if it happens that it would be an L&S situation, or just a movement of existing reservations from Allure to matching cabins on Odyssey. 

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We have B2Bs in August, September, and October on Allure.  We are in crown lofts so I hope that don’t swap ships.  

2 different class ships would make moving over guests a mess.

Edited by later

36 minutes ago, later said:

We have B2Bs in August, September, and October on Allure.  We are in crown lofts so I hope that don’t swap ships.  

For us it sure would be a mess. We have an A1 Aquatheatre Suite for 8 on the Allure on 8/15. Nothing comparable on Odyssey.

mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I guess all the crew were vaccinated while docked at Haifa.  Will be a shame for everyone in Israel that booked, I'm sure they would love to hop on the ship for a respite from the violence.

Are you out of your mind? You've never been around armed conflict I presume? What an aloof thing to say.

1 hour ago, later said:

Odyssey has a few loft suites.

Edited by orville99