Odyssey re-deploying due to Middle East conflict?

I hadn't seen anything official announced, but a well-connected youtuber just put up a video saying the Odyssey is going to be moving to the US. She has basically a full crew on board; I wonder if Royal will deploy her out of the Caribbean; or if the CDC starts updating it's cruise line rules to match it's guidelines everywhere else soon, if she'll be the first Royal ship to sail out of the US.

3 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Those airports being open over there will be hit or miss as this conflict continues.  Cant imagine they chance anything with as bad as its got.

Those cruises are ONLY for Israeli residents. We don't need to fly to board this cruise.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Good point.  What have you heard about the cruises Dani?  I hope you are doing well!!

Thank you, so far OK for us, but I live in Hertzlia, we got our "share" of sirens, but nothing compared to the south....

I'm active also in the Israeli equivalent of CC - nothing yet.

All I know is that Odyssey is supposed to arrive to Haifa only for supplies and then go back to Cyprus, since the port taxes there are cheaper than in Israel.

Might be the reason it is "leaving".

IMHO, the hostilities will be over in a couple of days, plenty of time to recuperate for the beginning of cruises -- June 4th.

OTOH, may be someone at Royal prematurely got "cold feet"....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, so far OK for us, but I live in Hertzlia, we got our "share" of sirens, but nothing compared to the south....

I'm active also in the Israeli equivalent of CC - nothing yet.

All I know is that Odyssey is supposed to arrive to Haifa only for supplies and then go back to Cyprus, since the port taxes there are cheaper than in Israel.

Might be the reason it is "leaving".

IMHO, the hostilities will be over in a couple of days, plenty of time to recuperate for the beginning of cruises -- June 4th.

OTOH, may be someone at Royal prematurely got "cold feet"....

Pleased to hear you are well Dani.

UK news report Israel are preparing for a ground incursion into Gaza.

I hope everything settles very soon and you are all safe.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

From an Israeli press release:

According to a press release from Royal Caribbean, the ship has docked in Haifa six weeks before the first cruise to take in supplies and to give the crew and Haifa Port a chance to get to know each other. Royal Caribbean adds that the Odyssey of the Seas will leave Haifa on Friday and return on May 12 for another two days "to practice and to restock."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I called this, 3 days ago..............No way Royal Caribbean was going to let their brand new ship deal with that mess. Pulling their ship to a safer place. Can't blame them.

I also have read over the past two weeks on a social media site,  that there were questions about the crew being vaccinated, and that Royal was trying to negotiate with Israel to buy vaccine from them for now and replace them later. Could they be bringing the ship and crew to somewhere they can get the vaccine? Just a thought.

If Royal cancelled the almost sold out cruises from Israel, then someone didn't do their homework.

"We" don't "do" long wars -- we simply can't afford those [the 6 days war comes to mind, and it was against 3 fronts and not just one].

This mess will be long over before the 1st cruises were due to start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Confirmed to be true. All Israel sailings are cancelled. Ship giving some crew to Anthem OTS and heading to United States. 

Travel agents - check cruising power. Notice posted there and also all sailings marked as Closed. 

Looking in CP and under Loyal to you always and not seeing any notices. 

sailings were always closed as they were for Israeli residents only and could not be booked through Cruising Power. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

.....return on May 12 for another two days "to practice and to restock."

That makes it May 14 [today].... and then back to Limassol.

The Odyssey was heading towards Haifa on May 11, but turned around on May 12 and headed back towards Cyprus. She spent yesterday circling outside Limassol. This certainly confirms nothing as far as the current long term plan for her; but she definitely didn't follow the plan that was put out in the press release you quoted.

11 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

but she definitely didn't follow the plan that was put out in the press release you quoted.

What can I tell you.... My plans for this week definitely didn't include being bombed, spending time in a shelter, and not hosting my family for Friday night dinner.

We live in a volatile country, and plans can change within 24 hours or less.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

If Royal cancelled the almost sold out cruises from Israel, then someone didn't do their homework.

"We" don't "do" long wars -- we simply can't afford those [the 6 days war comes to mind, and it was against 3 fronts and not just one].

This mess will be long over before the 1st cruises were due to start.

I've always said, "Don't mess with Israel"  she doesn't mess around either!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1