Yes, I am TOTALLY Crazy, But Felt I had to be on the First Alaska Cruise July 24

LAFFNVEGAS

Well, I did it 😃 I just felt we absolutely needed to be on the first Alaska Cruise for July 24th on the Nieuw Amsterdam, we are already booked for September 4th and have that almost paid in full. We are not canceling that cruise but felt we also had to be on this cruise. And why not, our Nieuw Statendam Amsterdam cruise for July 11th got canceled last week.

I even got really emotional booking this,  I booked the air and transfers from HAL, air prices were actually really good.

If anyone is interested I think I will do one of my Live From threads here on CC. I think it should be lots of fun. 

• Like 53

This was the notification regarding vaccination sent after I paid in full.

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION: These cruises to Alaska are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Evidence of acceptable vaccination and other requirements will be confirmed closer to the time of departure and failure to provide proof will result in denial of boarding. All guests and crew will also be required to follow enhanced COVID-19 health measures that have been developed with guidance from our global medical and public health experts and government agencies. Please check our website at https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/coronavirus-travel-advisory/traveling -and-staying-healthy.html regularly as there will be updates as new procedures are finalized and existing protocols may evolve.

• Like 12

52 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Well, I did it 😃 I just felt we absolutely needed to be on the first Alaska Cruise for July 24th on the Nieuw Amsterdam, we are already booked for September 4th and have that almost paid in full. We are not canceling that cruise but felt we also had to be on this cruise. And why not, our Nieuw Statendam Amsterdam cruise for July 11th got canceled last week.

My kind of traveler!  👍 (you must have booked the new one with a PCC?)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I even got really emotional booking this,  I booked the air and transfers from HAL, air prices were actually really good.

If anyone is interested I think I will do one of my Live From threads here on CC. I think it should be lots of fun. 

Hi Lisa,

You are lucky!  We will be waiting to hear from our TA that our July 10 is a no go and our options, for the 3rd time, cancelling  air and redoing insurance.   Looking forward to your report!

Karen

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Loreto said:

Hi Lisa,

You are lucky!  We will be waiting to hear from our TA that our July 10 is a no go and our options, for the 3rd time, cancelling  air and redoing insurance.   Looking forward to your report!

Karen

Karen that is tuff since it puts you in limbo knowing the July 10th is canceled. Since our July 11th Nieuw Statendam was canceled last week, we do have refunds coming back for Insurance, Air, Hotel and taxes so this will just end up being a wash on the credit card lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zelker said:

My kind of traveler!  👍 (you must have booked the new one with a PCC?)

Thanks,  Although No, any Travel Agent could book them this afternoon. Or just call into HAL, although they close in just a few minutes. Categories available at least for the first sailing were VD and higher. Actually there were far more staterooms available than I thought there would be. Even one Pinnacle Suite lol. But prices are crazy high. I have a category SS for September and my VB  was $360.00 more per person that the SS plus perks were better when that was booked last year. Although July pricing has always been much higher than September. I was just glad the Air cost was low.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks,  Although No, any Travel Agent could book them this afternoon. Or just call into HAL, although they close in just a few minutes. Categories available at least for the first sailing were VD and higher. Actually there were far more staterooms available than I thought there would be. Even one Pinnacle Suite lol. But prices are crazy high. I have a category SS for September and my VB  was $360.00 more per person that the SS plus perks were better when that was booked last year. Although July pricing has always been much higher than September. I was just glad the Air cost was low.

I called HAL an hour ago and was told she couldn't book it until tomorrow although she did give me pricing for two categories.  We're hoping for the August 21st sailing, in either an SS or a V.  Not surprised July is more $ than September either.  Did you get an aft-facing VB?

I forgot to ask when I called - are they offering the Have It All promo on these?

Thanks for sharing the info!

Barb

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zelker said:

I called HAL an hour ago and was told she couldn't book it until tomorrow although she did give me pricing for two categories.  We're hoping for the August 21st sailing, in either an SS or a V.  Not surprised July is more $ than September either.  Did you get an aft-facing VB?

I forgot to ask when I called - are they offering the Have It All promo on these?

Thanks for sharing the info!

Barb

Yes, we got an aft facing on deck 7 which is where the cabins are 220 sq ft. Yes they are offering the Have It all Promo. My September cruise was actually booked last Fall so prices were very low and had perks like Pre paid Grats along with the Same Have it All promo including the wifi since we had booked a suite. Interestingly enough Air for us through HAL with Alaska Air Lines was cheaper than we are paying in September. I think once the airlines realize some cruising is starting up the prices may go up but right now it was an excellent price.

• Like 3

Lisa!   Really, truly happy for you on booking the N. Amsterdam! 

And looking forward to your live-from.  Not only will it be a fun read, as usual, but very important to a lot of HAL cruisers who will learn much from your news and views about this cruise.  Always the expert, you are much appreciated:)

• Like 4

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

CONGRATULATIONS 🍾🎉 

So looking forward to your blog!

Nieuw Amsterdam has a sweet spot in my heart! Love her. Have a wonderful cruise!

I am excited for you! Now I see my 3 cruises going in the near future and so relieved.

Denise😊

• Like 1

How exciting Lisa!

I don’t think you are crazy at all and can’t blame you one bit 😉 

I so hope you do a LIVE FROM.  I’d love to hear about it, the changes and protocols.  So glad they are requiring full vaccination 👍 

Have an absolutely wonderful cruise 😄 

• Like 3

Yahoo!  You are not crazy....glad you booked!!!

You have an obligation to tell us everything though.....we will want every detail........I'm sure it's going to be an emotional sailing for all...for the passengers, the crew, the officers and the folks in Alaska......Another chapter in Holland America's history.

I'm so glad HAL can get going again and was able to bypass Canada.  I hope that sticks and will be a good thing going forward.

Smooth sailing..........

Edited by FlaMariner
added text
  • Like 6