New Vaccination policy on RCL

So now it seems confirmed that this new 16+/12+ after Aug 1st Vaccination policy is the same language for Alaska, and some here assume it to be for Nassau (although I still think on the website for Nassau it still only says 18+, has that been confirmed by anyone yet?)

I know they haven't announced resumption of specific cruises from any other US ports yet, so now just waiting to see if this new vaccination policy is in fact for everything, or just these specific ports. My money is on this becoming a blanket policy in the US for the next 2-3 months but only time will tell. Fingers crossed we find out more next week on FL, TX, and other ports.

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

Aha!  So it is for only that Nassau/Adventure part of the email.  Another fine 'clear as mud' example from Royal.  😛  

Actually from the OP. cutting and pasting sections of an email gave all of us bad info.

3 minutes ago, Capt Stuebing said:

Actually from the OP. cutting and pasting sections of an email gave all of us bad info.

I would not call it bad info it's already been confirmed that this is the same language for the new Alaskan cruises.

I think it remains to be seen whether or not this is the same policy for cruises out of other US ports that have not been confirmed to restart yet.

• Thanks 1

Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise? What documents count as proof of vaccination? How far in advance do I need to get my vaccine?

A

For Cruises Departing from the U.S. or The Bahamas

For sailings departing on or before August 1, all Royal Caribbean guests age 16 and older must complete all doses of their COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before their sailing. For sailings departing after August 1, the age requirement for vaccination will change from 16 to 12 years of age. 

Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a SARS-Cov-2 test before boarding. If a guest younger than the age requirement happens to be fully vaccinated, they should bring their original vaccination record card to board, will not require a test, and should follow all vaccinated guest protocols throughout their vacation.

All guests must present proof of vaccination as well as all required travel documents upon arrival at the ship. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). The vaccination record submitted must show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series) and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before arriving in The Bahamas or at their cruise departure terminal in the U.S.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise? What documents count as proof of vaccination? How far in advance do I need to get my vaccine?

A

For sailings departing on or before August 1, all Royal Caribbean guests age 16 and older must complete all doses of their COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before their sailing. For sailings departing after August 1, the age requirement for vaccination will change from 16 to 12 years of age. 

Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a SARS-Cov-2 test before boarding. If a guest younger than the age requirement happens to be fully vaccinated, they should bring their original vaccination record card to board, will not require a test, and should follow all vaccinated guest protocols throughout their vacation.

All guests must present proof of vaccination as well as all required travel documents upon arrival at the ship. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). The vaccination record submitted must show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series) and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before arriving in The Bahamas or at their cruise departure terminal in the U.S.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

Good to see!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

A

Wow. Doesn't get more official than that!

Still waiting to see what happens once cruises outside Alaska get the green light but this is VERY encouraging.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

A

Royal added the new requirement to their Healthy Sail page too

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

• Like 2

9 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

What worries me about ambiguously saying in first sentence "all fully vaccinated" and then immediately saying "if not vaccinated you will need a negative test"  IS,

all of the rule breakers who will see this as an opportunity to not vaccinate .

Because as we know RCCL didn't use to enforce the rules well, on other matters.

The statement should have been .... Those under 12 need a negative test.

Your vaccinated right?  What do you have to worry about?  There are no “rule breakers “ as you say.  Try are people who choose not to get vaccinated myself included.  I don’t mind being tested on the cruise.  But what I don’t get is why are all you vaccinated people paranoid now unvaccinated people will cruise as well.  You got the shot, you should be fine right? 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, JB77 said:

Only the US is vaccinating under 16s. I wonder if this will still be the policy for Europe and elsewhere.

we are vaccinating 12 and over in Canada (at least in Ontario, I'm sure other provinces are/will follow) but we still can't travel but can't wait until our restrictions are lifted (expected sometime this year 🤞)

11 minutes ago, James4me said:

Your vaccinated right?  What do you have to worry about?  There are no “rule breakers “ as you say.  Try are people who choose not to get vaccinated myself included.  I don’t mind being tested on the cruise.  But what I don’t get is why are all you vaccinated people paranoid now unvaccinated people will cruise as well.  You got the shot, you should be fine right? 

There are still detrimental effects to consider. For example, if too many unvaccinated people are permitted onboard, and they suffer an outbreak amongst themselves, that could lead to hitting whatever threshold was forced upon the cruise lines to prematurely end the sailing. So it still would benefit most everyone aboard to limit unvaccinated passengers.

Passengers who are not vaccinated for a medical reason also are being placed at a much higher risk being forced to mix with unvaccinated passengers who simply choose not to be vaccinated. TO the extent anyone might be more concerned about people unable to be vaccinated over those who make a choice not to be vaccinated probably would prefer to give the folks with actual medical reasons not to be vaccinated more opportunity to choose to safely travel.

During interim periods, when for example testing is still used indiscriminately, vaccinated or not, some tests can pick up levels of viral infection which are essentially not really relevant, which can still lead to quarantines. So while a vaccinated person might be infected, they're far more likely to be asymptomatic and not a risk to others nearby, even unvaccinated people. Yet they will be forced to endure certain protocols that would otherwise not be necessary as an asymptomatic infected vaccinated person. Yes, this is more about getting some of the antiquated protocols removed in favor of those based on scientific studies, but during this interim period is still a concern.

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, James4me said:

Wrong.   Vaccinated can catch Covid from unvaccinated.  This is absolutely proven.  Benefit of vaccination is that the Covid will not be deadly.  But you can get sick and who wants to get sick!!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, James4me said:

I dont want to cruise with a bunch of unvaccinated and run the risk of my cruise, my vacation being cut short because they get covid/sick.  

The CSO may still require a ship return to homeport if a certain number of passengers have covid.

I hope this new statement will apply to all rcl cruises at least for awhile.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Wrong.   Vaccinated can catch Covid from unvaccinated.  This is absolutely proven.  Benefit of vaccination is that the Covid will not be deadly.  But you can get sick and who wants to get sick!!

Now I have never heard that.  Post your source please. 

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I dont want to cruise with a bunch of unvaccinated and run the risk of my cruise, my vacation being cut short because they get covid/sick.  

The CSO may still require a ship return to homeport if a certain number of passengers have covid.

I hope this new statement will apply to all rcl cruises at least for awhile.

Am I missing something? I thought the new rcl policy required all adults to be vaccinated? 

Why all the posts about unvaccinated pax?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, James4me said:

1) Because vaccines aren’t 100% effective, minor point but worth noting)

2) Because if there’s an outbreak on a ship, both the vaccinated and unvaccinated will suffer greatly as the ship is quarantined. This is the reason I will choose not to sail any ship without mandatory vaccines. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

I'm not sure this is proven. It is proven vaccinated can catch covid, yes .. but I thought last I heard they dont have any proven cases of transmitting from a vaccinated person. Jury still out.

I googled and doesnt cite any for sure cases of transmission from someone vaccinated just says tiny chance, not 0. Maybe they dont cite cases because it is hard to prove for sure who gave it to someone else idk .. but chance is near 0 is all I can find with google. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

1) Because vaccines aren’t 100% effective, minor point but worth noting)

2) Because if there’s an outbreak on a ship, both the vaccinated and unvaccinated will suffer greatly as the ship is quarantined. This is the reason I will choose not to sail any ship without mandatory vaccines. 

Other than young children ... who are these unvaccinated pax? All adults must be vaccinated. Rcl said its mandatory. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Am I missing something? I thought the new rcl policy required all adults to be vaccinated? 

Why all the posts about unvaccinated pax?

I was responding to someone asking what is the big deal to sail with unvaccinated people if others are vaccinated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes they have been consistent they will not require vaccinations. 

In response to that, my DW asked about booking a Carnival cruise this summer.  I never thought I’d hear her talk like that.  She’s not drunk either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, atgood said:

In response to that, my DW asked about booking a Carnival cruise this summer.  I never thought I’d hear her talk like that.  She’s not drunk either. 

Not yet 🙂 But once she’s on the Carnival Ship, it’s like a requirement or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2