What is Princess's current take on vaccinations?

DaMom

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

What about adults who are medically advised not to take the vaccine due to allergic reactions?  

I was told by Kaiser that if the risk of an allergic reaction was less than the risk of not getting vaxed. Plus it can be done in a secured (ie: hospital) setting. Additionally the vaccines are different.  Unfortunately get 1 or don't sail. The industry cannot afford another outbreak 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

I was told by Kaiser that if the risk of an allergic reaction was less than the risk of not getting vaxed. Plus it can be done in a secured (ie: hospital) setting. Additionally the vaccines are different.  Unfortunately get 1 or don't sail. The industry cannot afford another outbreak 

Doesn't affect me.  Waiting for second shot (they put a large gap here in Ontario).  At first, I thought that is what the 95% or 98% numbers were for - to allow for those who could not be vaccinated for a medical reason.  But, seems only for kids if that info is correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What about adults who are medically advised not to take the vaccine due to allergic reactions?  

And the numbers of those that are truly unable to take one of the vaccines available is so small as to be virtually negligible. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

And the numbers of those that are truly unable to take one of the vaccines available is so small as to be virtually negligible. 

Which is why I originally thought the vaccination levels were not 100%/100% for crew and passengers.  Better than herd immunity.

16 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Spoke with a Princess rep the other day and she said it is mandated by both CDC and Princess that all passengers and crew must be vaccinated.  If not vaccinated, not allowed to embark.  Hope she was right.

Hallelujah! Indeed, I hope she's right too. The vaccine needs to be required for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

the Alaska cruises on the Majestic Princess are a special 'carve out' I have determined with my vast knowledge acquired by years of ______________.

Carve out of the PVSA requirements,  and 100% vaccinations for passengers - NO exceptions for these cruises

Possibly new rules will apply when the regularly scheduled cruises begin again

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I have a feeling it is more likely They Do Not want to take the vaccine for whatever reason......they are probably the same people who cannot wear a mask for some vague mysterious medical reason.....there is always the Mark Twin Riverboat at Disneyland for those poor souls........

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

What do you think is going to happen to Princess cruises cruising out of Florida?  Fla Gov DeSantis has signed an executive order that businesses CAN NOT ask for verification of vaccination.  NCL has said they will not cruise out of Florida if that is the case.  

11 minutes ago, SAKay said:

What do you think is going to happen to Princess cruises cruising out of Florida?  Fla Gov DeSantis has signed an executive order that businesses CAN NOT ask for verification of vaccination.  NCL has said they will not cruise out of Florida if that is the case.  

My understanding is that the EO is for registered Florida state businesses.  The cruise lines do work out of Florida, but are not state businesses since they are registered in foreign countries.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dreams_of_travel said:

My understanding is that the EO is for registered Florida state businesses.  The cruise lines do work out of Florida, but are not state businesses since they are registered in foreign countries.  

Great !  I sure hope that's true.  Our next cruise isn't until next Mar 2022, so lots of time to change policies.

1 hour ago, SAKay said:

I think we can definitely say there will be absolutely no Alaska cruise out of Florida.🤣🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I think we can definitely say there will be absolutely no Alaska cruise out of Florida.🤣🤦‍♂️

I needed that chuckle today.  I think you are correct

2 hours ago, SAKay said:

It's questionable that State rules apply for international travel. Would be similar to flights on British Air from Miami. British rules and US federal rules would apply. If they do apply, cruise lines have lots of clout, create lots of business at the ports, and have the option to sail from other ports. Once a ship changes its home port then it can last a long time. Not a good outcome for Florida. 

Cruise lines could also play hard ball. There are other more drastic steps they can take.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skynight said:

Cruise lines could also play hard ball. There are other more drastic steps they can take.

if / when RCCL, Carnival Corp or Disney becomes involved with the 'lawsuit', etc - see what happens then

1 hour ago, skynight said:

It's questionable that State rules apply for international travel. Would be similar to flights on British Air from Miami. British rules and US federal rules would apply. If they do apply, cruise lines have lots of clout, create lots of business at the ports, and have the option to sail from other ports. Once a ship changes its home port then it can last a long time. Not a good outcome for Florida. 

Fed, state, and local laws all apply to the cruise industry. State and local gov't own all of the ports. Once the ship is docked, state law prevails. If someone assaults someone onboard while at the dock, state police are summoned, etc.  Lines do have lots of clout but FL has more as the three busiest ports are in FL. 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

if / when RCCL, Carnival Corp or Disney becomes involved with the 'lawsuit', etc - see what happens then

They won't because they don't want the CDC as their enemy and they don't want FL as their enemy.

54 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

RE: vaccinations, John Chernesky from Princess addressed this today in his TA webinar and exceptions will be reviewed by Customer Relations - more to come on this

image.png.290d8237c1f17271342f623003f8e22f.png

Thank you for posting this. I would be very appreciative if you’d post any further updates. I want to know exactly what to expect so I can decide if it’s worth the risk. 
Many thanks. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thank you for posting this. I would be very appreciative if you’d post any further updates. I want to know exactly what to expect so I can decide if it’s worth the risk. 
Many thanks. 

You're welcome.  It sounds like it's an evolving situation that is dependent on the final CDC CSO.  I didn't get the impression that they would take it lightly.  And as I pointed out on another thread, the cruises will not be sailing to full capacity which should further limit the exposure.  Anyone in this exception category would be subject to COVID testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

RE: vaccinations, John Chernesky from Princess addressed this today in his TA webinar and exceptions will be reviewed by Customer Relations - more to come on this

image.png.290d8237c1f17271342f623003f8e22f.png

Facebook

This is the link if you want to watch the video..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are booked out of FL later this year and will cancel if Princess does not have permission to ask for proof of vaccination. Any future cruise booking will be subject to the same rules and may lead us to change cruise lines, although we would be loath to do this, as we have had great cruises with Princess in the past. 

• Like 4

Thanks. I watched the whole thing. 

John Chernesky is VP of Princess Sales. According to him Princess will be allowing unvaccinated children under 12 and others up to the CDC limits. 

Since I’m on the very first cruise I wish they’d not make exemptions.  In theory that should be fine. I know I won’t get covid, or if I do it will not be severe. But the burning question of what happens if someone comes down with covid (quarantine for the whole ship?) was flashed on the board during Q&A at the end but he didn’t answer it. 
I’d really hate to get carted off to some army barracks for a two week quarantine or left floating at sea and not allowed to leave my room. 

He said we can cancel up to 30 days before sailing and get any penalties as a FCC. I hope they have answers to what happens if someone in that 5%  (or anyone for that matter) gets sick before then. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3