New CDC Guidance 5/26, significant changes for masks and dining

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

@Beeline Cruiser

I have an honest question for you.

Do you have ANY filter?

Yeah seriously because I've kept this to myself but it totally ruins it for me when everyone else getting to PLAN CRUISING again! And yet I also just found about about the dog coin FLOP and I've had some Wine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

YES. 100%! we can always hope!

Seriously though I am super excited that cruising will be normal again, FINALLY!!

Depends on what you consider normal. 

Normal to me would be anyone and everyone is able to cruise (Vax or non-vax), that would be normal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Fake cards are becoming a booming business. Two weeks ago.. May not be perfect but good enough to hit 95%+

A California bar owner has been arrested for allegedly selling fake COVID-19 vaccination cards in what's believed to be the first thwarted scheme of its kind.

Undercover agents with the state's Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control bought the bogus cards for $20 each during multiple visits to the Old Corner Saloon in Clements, a small town in San Joaquin County.

The agents were told to write their names and birth dates on sticky notes and watched as employees cut the cards, added phony vaccination dates and laminated them, the Associated Press reported.

"On the back where they put the two dates when you were vaccinated, they used two different color pens to make it look like it was two different times," supervising agent Luke Blehm told the AP. "So they went to some effort to make it look authentic."

I know my vaccination record is in a state database, but from what I've read, nationwide it's a patchwork of stuff like that. I haven't read anything about any record keeping on that as far as federal level.  Authenticating the cards is going to be interesting.

Edited by shutterbug63

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Hopefully they are able to increase the rates of vaccination and the numbers continue to drop so life can start returning to normal for you.  Talking to folks back home in BC, things sound so dire.

Just read an article this morning that Trudeau wants 75% of the population fully vaccinated before the opening of border to the US. At our current roll out speed I’m sticking with my previous prediction. 

7 hours ago, Noble724 said:

I'm sure many will disagree with my comments, but I fail to see the issue.  If the cruise lines decide that vaccinations are required for sailing, paying customers will decide whether to spend their money and comply or choose another vacation option.

Remember when we complained about seat belts --  they are now legally required in all 50 states.  Some choose to not wear them and risk legal action or worse, endangering innocent people because they choose to ignore the law.

Remember when smoking was an option in most buildings, planes, busses, ships -- now, most facilities have a designated smoking area (normally outside).  People complain(ed) but they comply with the law and exit(ed) the building, plane, bus or other facility to smoke...their choice.

When you travel to certain parts of the world, you are required to vaccinate and show proof...or make other travel arrangements.  Why is vaccination so polarizing.  We have seen the toll Covide-19 has taken on our economy, mental health, livelihoods, family relations and yet we continue to debate vaccinations on an issue where we have a true choice.  Our vacation choices are just that -- choices.  The stipulations that accompany those choices are just that -- requirements/stipulations for our chosen vacation.

A lot of good points.  Thanks.  Just a couple of light-hearted comments.

NH does not require seat belts for adults.  👍  

I don't think the decision is polarizing, rather the discussion is. Further, it gets worse when someone other than themselves want to (or orders) the decision for them.

If they can't cruise at this time then that is that.  It is what it is.

IMO, there is a category of the population that is fairly significant and the science is not settled, complete and cannot be at this time.  The estimated number of those previously infected is unknown but believed to be high.  The more research, over time, is coming to previously different conclusions. 

For example, natural immunity "fades faster" is now challenged by the research for those that had mild symptoms that concludes 'of course it does, after its job is done and it lies in wait to defend again (perhaps forever).

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/05/210524110135.htm

""People with mild cases of COVID-19 clear the virus from their bodies two to three weeks after infection, so there would be no virus driving an active immune response seven or 11 months after infection," Ellebedy said. "These cells are not dividing. They are quiescent, just sitting in the bone marrow and secreting antibodies. They have been doing that ever since the infection resolved, and they will continue doing that indefinitely."

We have adult family members who've had it, little to no symptoms, and despite others lamenting, Doctors at very high end Boston hospitals have advised not to get the vaccine at this time (and recently referenced the above study).  Other adult family members and spouses have been vaccinated as well as my wife and I.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I’m fully paid on AOS, within the 90 days, but don’t see this on my planner — just says not yet able to check in and they will email when I can.  But I’m sure someone with a sailing in June will share soon

That sentence was below the "not available yet" at bottom of page, keep looking.  You should be able to click on that and tell us what happens...pretty please!

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I  think you need to talk to the Governor of Florida, he sees it differently.

I haven’t heard anything from him recently regarding this 🤔.  Many of us, Floridians, wish he would allow local government to make their own decisions.  
But....that’s Florida 🤣.....always making the news for some stupid thing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shutterbug63 said:

I know my vaccination record is in a state database, but from what I've read, nationwide it's a patchwork of stuff like that. I haven't read anything about any record keeping on that as far as federal level.  Authenticating the cards is going to be interesting.

That card is issued by the CDC, you don't think all of the partners administrating the vaccines report what they did to the CDC?  Seriously!   Did you not fill out the registration form before you got them?  They know who you are, where you live, what kind of vaccine it was, your SS#, when you got them, who gave them, the date and the batch #s, etc. etc. etc.

• Haha 1

Now that Celebrity is going the vaccinated route out of Fort Lauderdale, I've been reading some threads over on the celebrity forum where people are wondering how they're getting around the governor's law. It's actually quite interesting.

The way the law reads now every violation would result in a $5,000 fine. So the only way the law actually gets triggered is if somebody without a vaccination books the cruise, shows up to the port, and is denied entry. 

I just wonder especially since the vaccine requirement is going to be so public, who would dare tie up their money and know they would be denied boarding just to prove a point?

The only way this would likely even see a courtroom is if the state started levying fines and one of the cruise lines failed to pay it. Then the state could sue the cruise line and that's where this ultimately goes to court and will get decided

53 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

endangering innocent people because they choose to ignore the law.

And that would be who?  Seat belts only protect those who wear them, lack of them does not endanger anybody else.  Yours is an apples to onion comparison.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

who would dare tie up their money and know they would be denied boarding just to prove a point?

Exactly, or run around on a ship where nobody but them have masks and distancing?  Even avid cruisers on these boards have said they will "never" cruise under those circumstances.  I don't think the law will come into play at all.  It was just for leverage against the BIG BRAINS at the CDC.  I think Florida's governor is a sly dog.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I think Florida's governor is a sly dog.

Agree to disagree on this point, but I think net-net the result is the same, The law is moot. Cruise lines can, will, and are going to require vaccines.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

And that would be who?  Seat belts only protect those who wear them, lack of them does not endanger anybody else.  Yours is an apples to onion comparison.

What were you saying about common sense yesterday?

• Like 1

i heard a concert promoter is charging 1K for a ticket to the concert . but if you prove you got the shot it's just 20 bucks

so maybe charge non vax people 30K for a cruise and give them 90% off if they get the shot. totally voluntary!

also i remember in the old days you werent allowed to charge extra for using a CC for your gas but you could give customers a cash discount if they used cash. there's a way around everything

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

At least seat belts protect some set of people, unlike masks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

What were you saying about common sense yesterday?

I hope that is facetious!  BTW, I do wear my seat belt, but only because my Hubs wants to keep me a while longer!  I am one of those who do not appreciate the government in my space.  Comme Ci, Comme Ça

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i heard a concert promoter is charging 1K for a ticket to the concert . but if you prove you got the shot it's just 20 bucks

so maybe charge non vax people 30K for a cruise and give them 90% off if they get the shot. totally voluntary!

also i remember in the old days you werent allowed to charge extra for using a CC for your gas but you could give customers a cash discount if they used cash. there's a way around everything

lawsuit inbound in 3...2...1...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Agree to disagree on this point, but I think net-net the result is the same, The law is moot. Cruise lines can, will, and are going to require vaccines.

Absolutely on point! The reality is that, despite the protestations of those who believe the 95% threshold will not be met on RCL cruises, if it comes down to a choice between doing vaccinated-only cruises, or no cruises without significant restrictions and reductions in capacity because they can't get to 95% vaccinated, the almighty dollar will make the decision easy for the cruise lines. No vax - no cruise. As for Florida, as long as the cruise lines use the CDC's orders as cover, they can effectively sidestep the Florida law (and this carve out is actually spelled out IN the Florida law.

• Like 4