If you don't like Personalizer info moving to the App...

Rick&Jeannie

I doubt that it will do much good, but it never hurts to make your voice/opinion heard.  At the bottom of the Princess home page there is a "Site Feedback" button.  Maybe we can at least get the decision makers to think a bit deeper about what they are doing if enough people complain.  Another way would be to send an email to the higher-ups at Princess, but I don't have an address for that.  Perhaps someone can jump in here?

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I doubt that it will do much good, but it never hurts to make your voice/opinion heard.  At the bottom of the Princess home page there is a "Site Feedback" button.  Maybe we can at least get the decision makers to think a bit deeper about what they are doing if enough people complain.  Another way would be to send an email to the higher-ups at Princess, but I don't have an address for that.  Perhaps someone can jump in here?

Today I sent an email to...customerrelations@princesscruises.com

• Like 1

I read the OP but not sure how the title matches the concern.  I did speak to a representative and voiced my concern that my cabin mate would have complete access to all of my information on her app.  I asked her to please forward my privacy concerns to those who are in the know. 

Unfortunately, I do not have much confidence that Princess will address my security information concern.

I am sure I am in the minority.  Princess has always catered to couples and rarely takes in to consideration those traveling "solo" or with a friend (not related).

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm also going to send a E-mail to Princess today and complain about the new check in rules to be done only on the medallion app. There is no reason it can't still be done on your personal computer. Come on Princess, passengers should have options on which way they want to submit their check in data.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 9

There should be different options to do things on the app or on your computer.  The app works on my phone but not on my husband's phone.  His is slightly older iphone 6.  Not sure if that is the issue or if it is the app itself, but regardless, it won't work on his.

• Like 1

Princess has a lot of older generation on their ships.  Not everyone has a smart phone or an IPad.

My cabin mate does not have any phone or uses an IPad.

With the old MedallionClass I had on my Samsung phone (not a new model) for my Sky Princess cruise 2019.  I was able to add my cabin mate’s information to my MedallionClass.When I tried to update the MedallionClass on my phone, it disappeared.  I can download the MedallionClass on my IPad.

• Like 1

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but remember how we marched forward after the cruise lines moved away from the documents/cruise ticket booklet being mailed to you prior to your cruise to obtaining your documents on line and printing your boarding pass. Not everyone had a computer or printer. To me it is no different to jump forward again to this technology.  
HAL is also migrating their cruise documents to their app for boarding.

• Like 3

Let me be clear as to what I meant when starting this thread...I have no complaint with any/all functionality being available on the app.  It is the REMOVAL of key pieces of info from the main website that has me up in arms.  Why would you remove functionality from a working system?  

If you want to work solely from the app...go ahead; but don't cripple those users who prefer to use a system that worked fine in the past!  Allow the customer to book/manage as they please...they are paying big money to cruise.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I doubt that it will do much good, but it never hurts to make your voice/opinion heard.  At the bottom of the Princess home page there is a "Site Feedback" button. p in here?

40 minutes ago, SLC1954 said:

I also would like to inform Princess that I'd prefer making preferences with my PC, not my phone. For me just now, using Firefox with my PC, when I click on "Site Feedback" I get a blank area but cannot write anything.. So tried that using Internet Explorer - could not even get logged on; just ignores my entries.

Something weird at Princess.com today maybe.....I will try later.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

I've been curious about something. Our last Princess cruise was early 2018, just as they were starting the Ocean Medallion Class (as they called it then) rollout. We weren't on a ship that had it yet so it wasn't a concern for us. However, it seems through all the comments on this board in the last couple of weeks that the MC app becoming more ubiquitous has caught many by surprise (including me). Was there any announcement by Princess that they would be sunsetting functionality in the web site Cruise Personalizer in favor of the MC app and publishing a timeline for that? It seems like (by reactions on this board) this was a no notice, "slam it in" type change concurrent with cruise resumption this summer. Is that how it seems to others? Just curious..... 

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

I've been curious about something. Our last Princess cruise was early 2018, just as they were starting the Ocean Medallion Class (as they called it then) rollout. We weren't on a ship that had it yet so it wasn't a concern for us. However, it seems through all the comments on this board in the last couple of weeks that the MC app becoming more ubiquitous has caught many by surprise (including me). Was there any announcement by Princess that they would be sunsetting functionality in the web site Cruise Personalizer in favor of the MC app and publishing a timeline for that? It seems like (by reactions on this board) this was a no notice, "slam it in" type change concurrent with cruise resumption this summer. Is that how it seems to others? Just curious..... 

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, joepeka said:

Was there any announcement by Princess that they would be sunsetting functionality in the web site Cruise Personalizer in favor of the MC app and publishing a timeline for that?

Only notices was by:

a) VP of sales during a webinar.

b) Notice in the Personalizer that what you want to do has been moved to the app.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SLC1954 said:

HAL is also migrating their cruise documents to their app for boarding.

I think HAL is also keeping that functionality in their version of the Personalizer so that those who do not want to use the app do not have to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I sent a E-mail to Princess yesterday complaining about being forced to use the medallion app to check in our information before cruising. I told them in the E-mail I spend a lot of money to cruise and don't have a cell phone and I should have the option to use my personal computer to check in with our passports & credit card, etc. Well, I received a E-mail back saying I should call Princess directly at 800-774-6237 and ask for an Ocean Navigator. I will be doing this later today to see what they have to say. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 4

Don't like it at all. It is so much easier to enter data on a keyboard than one finger at a time on a small keyboard I require a magnifying glass to see. Good planning for 20 year olds that don't really take cruise vacations, bad planning for us older folks. 

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, skynight said:

Don't like it at all. It is so much easier to enter data on a keyboard than one finger at a time on a small keyboard I require a magnifying glass to see. Good planning for 20 year olds that don't really take cruise vacations, bad planning for us older folks. 

Absolutely agree, I also hate doing any real data entry on a tiny phone. Actually, it is possible for some folks to run the new App on a Windows PC, or a Mac taking advantage of the keyboard and mouse. I've been doing it for days under Win 10. Unfortunately, the option is only available to those folks who have "somewhat" recent Samsung phones. Mine is a three year old  S9+ running Android 10 and using the new App is ALMOST tolerable.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I think HAL is also keeping that functionality in their version of the Personalizer so that those who do not want to use the app do not have to.

the Help button on my booking ( under luggage tags& travel summary). Takes you to frequently asked questions then before your cruise.  Mentions both printing out boarding passes from Personalizer or MedallionClass app as faster check in. 
so let’s hope they keep both 

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ok, I'll bite.  How are you running the app on Windows 10?

It's a Samsung-specific Windows or Mac app called Samsung Dex. Download it to your PC (or Mac), install, connect up your phone via USB cable, allow the connection on your phone and your phone or tablet Anndroid screen shows up pretty much perfectly. Full keyboard and mouse operation of the device. I can operate everything, including the MedallionClass app just fine. If you have a suitable Sammy phone or tablet, give it a shot, it's free after all.  If you don't have one, perhaps check with your phone or tablet manufacturer to see if they have something similar

Windows 10. Under the Start Menu is a listing called "Your Phone". You might want to simply give that a try. It's built right into Windows. (No, I haven't tried it but it purports to do what is listed above and isn't limited to a Samsung phone.)

image.png.b7327dcda7d10b233f647ac5d07736d2.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Windows 10. Under the Start Menu is a listing called "Your Phone". You might want to simply give that a try. It's built right into Windows. (No, I haven't tried it but it purports to do what is listed above and isn't limited to a Samsung phone.)

I tried this just now and I do not see any option in the Your Phone Windows app to access apps on the phone. All it shows is notifications, messages, photos and calls. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Got really excited about this but ran into a roadblock. Using an iPhone and it seems this only allows you to see files and webpages. Doesn't seem to let you run other apps. Thanks though.

• Like 1