Does this mean cruises through the end of 2021 will be for vacc only pax?

PRNole47

At least in CA?

“Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines.”

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2021/06/princess-cruises-continues-plans-to-resume-cruising-in-united-states-with-sailings-departing-from-los-angeles-san-francisco-and-ft-lauderdale-in-the-fall-2021.html

25 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As they can’t require proof of vaccines in Fort Lauderdale since it’s against the law here, it will be interesting to see how Princess handles those sailings.  

Maybe they’ll do like Celebrity in Florida and have many more requirements in addition to paying for testing (pre-cruise and $178 for onboard testing) as described in this CC article for unvaccinated & passengers who won’t voluntarily show proof of being fully vaccinated?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6211/

Some of those restrictions are like what Princess requires for passengers who due to health or religious reasons won’t be vaccinated & will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to be allowed to board a ship.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

In accordance with CDC directives, all unvaccinated guests must follow these COVID-19 protocols:

• show proof of a negative pre-travel COVID-19 Rt-PCR test performed 72 hours prior to sailing
  • have an embarkation day COVID-19 test performed at the terminal
  • have a COVID-19 test performed prior to disembarkation
  • wear a face mask at all times in doors, in accordance with health authority requirements. A face mask will be required during embarkation and disembarkation, spa treatments, approved shore excursions, medical center visits, and any indoor locations in crowded settings. Exceptions include temporarily, while eating and drinking, when inside your own stateroom or balcony, when performing high-activity exercise outdoors, physically distanced from others, outdoors when physical distancing can be maintained, and when in the pool
  • maintain physical distancing of 5 ft (1.5 meters) indoors and 3 ft (1 meter) outdoors from other people outside your travel group, including at dining locations
  • guests will only be permitted to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 protocols. Self-exploration or participation in shore excursions not sold through or operated by Princess will not be permitted.

If you refuse to be tested or screened, or to follow the COVID-19 Protocols, you will be denied boarding and no refund or credit will be issued.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Maybe they’ll do like Celebrity in Florida and have many more requirements in addition to paying for testing (pre-cruise and $178 for onboard testing) as described in this CC article for unvaccinated & passengers who won’t voluntarily show proof of being fully vaccinated?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6211/

Some of those restrictions are like what Princess requires for passengers who due to health or religious reasons won’t be vaccinated & will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to be allowed to board a ship.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

In accordance with CDC directives, all unvaccinated guests must follow these COVID-19 protocols:

• show proof of a negative pre-travel COVID-19 Rt-PCR test performed 72 hours prior to sailing
  • have an embarkation day COVID-19 test performed at the terminal
  • have a COVID-19 test performed prior to disembarkation
  • wear a face mask at all times in doors, in accordance with health authority requirements. A face mask will be required during embarkation and disembarkation, spa treatments, approved shore excursions, medical center visits, and any indoor locations in crowded settings. Exceptions include temporarily, while eating and drinking, when inside your own stateroom or balcony, when performing high-activity exercise outdoors, physically distanced from others, outdoors when physical distancing can be maintained, and when in the pool
  • maintain physical distancing of 5 ft (1.5 meters) indoors and 3 ft (1 meter) outdoors from other people outside your travel group, including at dining locations
  • guests will only be permitted to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 protocols. Self-exploration or participation in shore excursions not sold through or operated by Princess will not be permitted.

If you refuse to be tested or screened, or to follow the COVID-19 Protocols, you will be denied boarding and no refund or credit will be issued.

You are absolutely right, I’m sure they will come up with some work around down here. 
I know my friends in the industry are so ready as am I. 

• Like 5

That's how I read it too, disappointing for parents of kids under 12 who can't yet be vaccinated but it clearly states all passengers must have both shots.  I can't imagine taking littles and putting them at risk.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

At least in CA?

“Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines.”

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2021/06/princess-cruises-continues-plans-to-resume-cruising-in-united-states-with-sailings-departing-from-los-angeles-san-francisco-and-ft-lauderdale-in-the-fall-2021.html

I hope so, at least in CA.  Booked all my cruises from CA.  If vaccination requirement changes to less, I will cancel.

I wouldn't have issues with the 5% exemption given to kids who aren't eligible at this point or medical exemption, however, not the hesitant or religious exemption.

Edited by ebeluga
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

I hope so, at least in CA.  Booked all my cruises from CA.  If vaccination requirement changes to less, I will cancel.

Based on the current Princess Cruise Health FAQs they plan to allow a few religious & health based exemptions from being fully vaccinated.

“It is our intention to accommodate guests on a case-by-case basis who are entitled to special accommodation under applicable laws, to the best of our ability. This is subject to the CDC guidelines for the maximum number of unvaccinated guests on board at any given time.”

8 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on the current Princess Cruise Health FAQs they plan to allow a few religious & health based exemptions from being fully vaccinated.

“It is our intention to accommodate guests on a case-by-case basis who are entitled to special accommodation under applicable laws, to the best of our ability. This is subject to the CDC guidelines for the maximum number of unvaccinated guests on board at any given time.”

Yea, it's a philosophical issue/objection, not a deal killer for my cruise.

32 minutes ago, maggie777 said:

How would one justify ( prove ) religious exemption? Medical is easy with proper documentation.

I don't know.  And I would refrain from commenting anything more in this area...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

At least in CA?

For those of you interested, we were able to go online last night and get in California the digital proof of vaccination.  Now I am not sweating losing my vaccination card.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As they can’t require proof of vaccines in Fort Lauderdale since it’s against the law here, it will be interesting to see how Princess handles those sailings.  

They can require proof but Florida can fine them.

14 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Our entire party is vaccinated except my friend’s 6 year old. I told her to call Princess tomorrow. I’m fairly certain they may have to cancel. We are going on the Majestic December 4th. 

Why cancel prematurely when things can change?  Princess did notify some customers they could not be accommodated if your friend has not thus far, then why not wait and see?

• Like 2

Not sure the legal aspect on having separate passenger contracts. With the medallion, tracking would be easy. Only have certain areas they can book rooms for daily extra $$ testing. Require masks on at all times, even on deck. Mandatory colored lanyards for all non vaccine passengers. There are those that will follow the rules and enjoy themselves and the ones who’ll ruin it for everyone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Why cancel prematurely when things can change?  Princess did notify some customers they could not be accommodated if your friend has not thus far, then why not wait and see?

Oh she’s not canceling right now. She just wants to find out what is going on right now. She will not make a decision till final payment. At least we will be together in Lake Tahoe.