The Daily for Thursday Jun 24, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I love the thought of fairies (or faeries); so glad our little grandsons are small enough that they still believe in them.  I'm not sure we're ever going to get back to regular handshakes - I'm comfortable with what we've been doing to acknowledge another's presence.  While in the pool, I'm more about floating than lapping.  LOL

I was pretty sure today's menu was DIY until I saw @richwmn's later post.  I do love @rafinmd's chilled cranberry soup which I've had on a BHB.

A very Happy Birthday to @Sharon in AZ; I wish you a wonderful day ahead!

A quiet day here on the "frozen tundra", DH is heading out of town to inspect the historical driving tour route he and a friend created almost 20 years ago.  He has to make sure all the directional signs, etc., are still standing and unobstructed by trees and branches.  That means I'll get some housework done (it's always easier when he's out of the way), vacuuming and dusting with a grocery run later in the morning.

I thought I'd take something out of the freezer for tonight's dinner, but when I saw the menu suggestion, I quickly changed my mind and added salmon to the grocery list.  What an easy dinner - and I'm sure it will be tasty - especially when I can do it in the toaster oven on the deck without heating up the house.  Served with a potato salad and some crisp fresh vegetables and dip, this will make a nice looking plate for us tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Clinking the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands and wear your masks as long as you need to!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 26

I do want to make it to Red Bay and Cornerbrook some day.   We had a cruise booked that went to one of them, but it was cancelled when the old Rotterdam was sold.  But, if I get to Red Bay, I am ready!

20190720_175222005_iOS.thumb.jpg.4886eed8748ceb5bd3c1a7b65f554e33.jpg

• Like 27
  • Haha 3

Happy birthday @Sharon in AZ.

Thank you for the daily and care list's.

Pauline came out with me as I had a couple of calls to make and I ended up driving 100 miles to Keswick.

We had lunch and now sitting looking at the lake Derwent water.

I used to handshake with  a lot of people but covid19 has stopped this.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Graham.

IMG_20210624_121847.jpg

IMG_20210624_121920.jpg

IMG_20210624_125212.jpg

IMG_20210624_142026.jpg

IMG_20210624_144611.jpg

IMG_20210624_145212.jpg

• Like 30

👍Thank You for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and Roy @rafinmdfor both the Care and Celebration Lists. 😊

🍰Hope you had a good birthday yesterday, Roy.🎂Birthday wishes to @Sharon in AZ for a happy day.

😉Newfoundland still on Bucket List.

🏊‍♀️ I will return to swimming in a few months.

🙏Prayers to all in need and wishing all who contribute a magical day!😉 When I hear fairy, Tinker Bell comes to mind.😄

Katie

Happy Birthday Native Ameri619 - Dazzle Junction.gif

44e02ded-13be-4620-b987-41d7e4fb0fb1.jpeg

tenor.gif

• Like 23

Good morning all!

We're having a 2-day respite from the extreme heat hitting the PNW.  We're seriously thinking of putting in a portable A/C unit in the bedroom, but need to find one that would work with our window and room darkening shade -- a task I've given to DH. 😉  Unfortunately Monday is predicted to be 109 degrees F in the town my BFF and I meet for lunches, I guess we'll be postponing this month's lunch!

I would love to be in a pool with this heat, laps or no laps!  Lemon garlic salmon is my favorite way to have salmon, this recipe sounds yummy.  Our VOV in 2018 missed Red Bay, we've always been so disappointed about that -- but since hearing about the black flies and bites, I'm not sorry now!

Happy Birthday @Sharon in AZI hope you have a lovely day!

• Like 24

We were in Red Bay on the 2019 VOV. There were no bugs...probably because it rained most of the day. Tendering was started, stopped and then started again.  Scenic spot, and we walked a long way to get wifi, hoping for news of the arrival of a new grandchild. But he hadn't arrived yet.  Very friendly people, typical of Newfies.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I do want to make it to Red Bay and Cornerbrook some day.   We had a cruise booked that went to one of them, but it was cancelled when the old Rotterdam was sold.  But, if I get to Red Bay, I am ready!

20190720_175222005_iOS.thumb.jpg.4886eed8748ceb5bd3c1a7b65f554e33.jpg

There  was  a  woman  walking  ahead  of  me  on  the  trail @StLouisCruisers mentioned and I was  very  envious  of  her  bonnet! My DB  and  I  walked  to  the  platform  at  the  end while our  spouses  very  wisely  had  tea inside  somewhere. Our  fair  skin  was  dotted  with  angry,itchy  bites especially  at  the  hairline. It  was  a  beautiful  place  though!

• Like 17

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday!

I am beyond overwhelmed by the outpouring of Birthday Wishes from my dear sweet Daily Family!!!  Thank you each and everyone for such a great start to my day. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. Great collection of days today. I’ve never been a lap swimmer but still love to go back and forth with a paddle board in our pool.

Fairies 🧚 are special and up there with mermaids 🧜‍♀️ IMHO.  I can’t remember the last time I shook someone’s hand. 

The salmon suggestion sounds wonderful. However Craig has arranged to have our DS deliver my favorite pizza tonight as a surprise since he is OOT. This is a picture from last year’s pizza party:
84CA33B5-F1BB-459B-B72F-37F82882690A.thumb.jpeg.0f01fe0552fa45dd168c78df21457112.jpeg

Red Bay was on our itinerary for one of our canceled cruises. I still have it in my weather app. This is today’s weather:

CFA16D1B-8669-426A-9C15-611E47DA5998.thumb.png.be712085f753b951806dc23ce7256fad.png

Maybe someday!  BUT!  Great news, we booked a replacement cruise for our canceled cruise. We will sail the Konningsdam October 31st Pacific Coastal out of San Diego for 14 days (two 7 day B2B). It’s an easy flight to San Diego and very familiar to us, we both went to college there and lived there after we were married for a bit. So even though it isn’t the Holiday Cruise that I wanted it is still better than what HAL had had replaced it with. 

And!  Can you believe it?  We actually got rain yesterday afternoon!  The ground really soaked it up. Amazing and hopefully more to come. Thank goodness for monsoon season. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Forgot to mention that the pizza is Sausage with extra mushrooms!
  • Like 26

6 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday!

I am beyond overwhelmed by the outpouring of Birthday Wishes from my dear sweet Daily Family!!!  Thank you each and everyone for such a great start to my day. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. Great collection of days today. I’ve never been a lap swimmer but still love to go back and forth with a paddle board in our pool.

Fairies 🧚 are special and up there with mermaids 🧜‍♀️ IMHO.  I can’t remember the last time I shook someone’s hand. 

The salmon suggestion sounds wonderful. However Craig has arranged to have our DS deliver my favorite pizza tonight as a surprise since he is OOT. This is a picture from last year’s pizza party:
84CA33B5-F1BB-459B-B72F-37F82882690A.thumb.jpeg.0f01fe0552fa45dd168c78df21457112.jpeg

Red Bay was on our itinerary for one of our canceled cruises. I still have it in my weather app. This is today’s weather:

CFA16D1B-8669-426A-9C15-611E47DA5998.thumb.png.be712085f753b951806dc23ce7256fad.png

Maybe someday!  BUT!  Great news, we booked a replacement cruise for our canceled cruise. We will sail the Konningsdam October 31st Pacific Coastal out of San Diego for 14 days (two 7 day B2B). It’s an easy flight to San Diego and very familiar to us, we both went to college there and lived there after we were married for a bit. So even though it isn’t the Holiday Cruise that I wanted it is still better than what HAL had had replaced it with. 

And!  Can you believe it?  We actually got rain yesterday afternoon!  The ground really soaked it up. Amazing and hopefully more to come. Thank goodness for monsoon season. 

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Birthday!

• Like 10

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

Love Fairies & Faeries.  One of our memorable days was in Galway Ireland where we saw where the faeries entered and exited 😉 

Love the quote by Lincoln.  So good!

The meal suggestion is great but since it’s our anniversary, we’re having beef tenderloin tonight with onion rings (yum) and wine 😄   Thanks to the border protests at NB and NS, DH was unable to buy me flowers so it’s the first time in 26 years I didn’t get them to mark the day.  I told him not to worry, there’s lots of flowers here 😄 

04D63A87-AC54-4ECE-8F5F-71B81B128F4F.thumb.jpeg.86e325a2e711c4f709da35f03875f103.jpeg

Wishing @Sharon in AZ a very happy birthday!

EC28DBBA-AD45-4806-B026-9AE3F5419AEC.jpeg.36ebe1eccc3c41cea40fc3d80a35d0a8.jpeg

I felt badly about venting earlier this week so I went to the doctor for tests 😉 

320572B5-5857-4744-9C84-9956A1B6AE37.thumb.jpeg.19fd30590ee0ea2eef2e6f97f1cf8cd9.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

A1F9A8CC-74F9-40C3-8EB0-D27D5ACD4E7F.thumb.jpeg.32e7e3f3361452c8c0dd6ca3d7e5c899.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Happy Birthday, Sharon! 🎂  And good morning everyone, and thank you to Rich, Roy and the drinks and recipe ladies!   Cheers for those celebrating and prayers for those that need them are in order today. It is supposed to get really warm here for the next few days so I have all the windows and doors open at the moment while it is still cool, and I will close everything up as soon as the heat moves in.   We should be looking after the granddog this afternoon.  I know he doesn't like the heat, so we will hunt for a shady spot outside to relax.  We had salmon a couple of days ago, so I will save the recipe for another day.  

And Happy Anniversary, Jacqui and Jose!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 19

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

The meal suggestion is great but since it’s our anniversary, we’re having beef tenderloin tonight with onion rings (yum) and wine 😄   Thanks to the border protests at NB and NS, DH was unable to buy me flowers so it’s the first time in 26 years I didn’t get them to mark the day.  I told him not to worry, there’s lots of flowers here 😄 

Happy Anniversary!!  Your flowers are beautiful!

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Anniversary!!  Your flowers are beautiful!

4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks kindly ❤️ 

• Like 10