Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It was fixed long enough for me to go in and reserve dining...then they broke it again.

Every time there's an update, they "break" our accounts.

DOBs switched, middle name snafu. The most recent made DH a newbie with a new account #. Even with the new account, he can't get into the app or Personalizer at all. I can get into my account, but the app doesn't work and the web-based app gives me a message that I need to make my final payment (which was done a month ago).

Tried to book a cruise and had to ask CVP to do it. The booking engine only recognized me (FCD & Platinum insurance pricing). DH is a "newbie" and didn't have either. Don't know how CVP can do what I can't.

How do you change a password when you don't have access to your account?

You are having the worst time with Princess.  I am so sorry for your issues.  I feel your pain and stand by you.  Hopefully, Princess will get this all straightened out before your next cruise.  One can only hope.

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are having the worst time with Princess.  I am so sorry for your issues.  I feel your pain and stand by you.  Hopefully, Princess will get this all straightened out before your next cruise.  One can only hope.

At least the CVP we've used now for 2 cruises can get into our accounts.

• Like 1

Quick question..

Have 5 Princess cruises since the restart, so have all the Medallion in's and out's down, but for the first time since the restart I just took a last minute upgrade and changed cabins, and but already received the Medallions for the original cabin, we leave next week for London and the cruise from Southampton so no time for new Medallions- I know they'll  create new Medallions for our new cabins there... But my questions is will we need the original Medallions to check in ???  -- (was already "green lane" before changing cabins)

????

Edited by srpilo

56 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Quick question..

Have 5 Princess cruises since the restart, so have all the Medallion in's and out's down, but for the first time since the restart I just took a last minute upgrade and changed cabins, and but already received the Medallions for the original cabin, we leave next week for London and the cruise from Southampton so no time for new Medallions- I know they'll  create new Medallions for our new cabins there... But my questions is will we need the original Medallions to check in ???  -- (was already "green lane" before changing cabins)

????

Yes, take them with you. They will just adjust those for you. We had changed cabins too and these were already updated when we arrived.  If not, only takes a few mins to update. You keep the same medallion.

You should still be in the green lane.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

The Medallions are programmed by the ship before you board. It will open the correct cabin number.We had changed cabins about a week before our cruise , had our medallions, and the new cabin was programmed in.We were able to check in and board the ship with the medallion we had prior to the cruise.

• Like 2

Wow.

I just spent an Hour on the phone to PCL about a glitch in the Medallion Class app. and nothing was resolved.

The final advise was "delete the app. and then reload it and Wait  1 Hour before attempting to use it" ?

Turns out that didn't help.

I was reviewing my My Time Dining reservations and after looking at them I was not able to change the screen page I was looking at. The system froze on that page and could not be changed.

The nice lady on the phone (in the Philippines) tried to help me figure out what to do but nothing worked, and she said "we are having a lot of glitches with the App." 

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

Wow.

I just spent an Hour on the phone to PCL about a glitch in the Medallion Class app. and nothing was resolved.

The final advise was "delete the app. and then reload it and Wait  1 Hour before attempting to use it" ?

Turns out that didn't help.

I was reviewing my My Time Dining reservations and after looking at them I was not able to change the screen page I was looking at. The system froze on that page and could not be changed.

The nice lady on the phone (in the Philippines) tried to help me figure out what to do but nothing worked, and she said "we are having a lot of glitches with the App." 

Were you on your phone when it froze? I just shut down my phone. Boot it back up, then go back to the App if it freezes up.

Then, sign out of the App and back in.

You can also try signing in using your booking number instead of email and pw.

If it still freezes up try again tmrw.

Yes, I would definitely say there are a lot of glitches!😬

Edited by PacnGoNow

28 minutes ago, D. B. said:

They told me they just made changes yesterday and it seems to have made some functions Worse.😝

Did you try anything I suggested in my last post #3707?

Have you also cleared cookies on your device?

Many times when they make changes or updates, it makes it worse for people that already have issues.  Not always. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

Has anyone had trouble loading their Proof of Vaccination and Covid test results in the health section?

I'm in the green lane but all I have left to do is load these two forms. I press the upload button, it takes the picture but for some reason will not load it. I've tried several times and nothing happens.

31 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

Has anyone had trouble loading their Proof of Vaccination and Covid test results in the health section?

I'm in the green lane but all I have left to do is load these two forms. I press the upload button, it takes the picture but for some reason will not load it. I've tried several times and nothing happens.

If you're in the green lane...stop stressing. They don't pay any attention at the port to your uploads. You have to show your paperwork, regardless...may change in the future, but for now, it's what we've got. So, chill.🥰

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

Have you tried to take a screenshot of the vax card or QR code instead?  Then choose that photo to download, instead of taking a new photo.of the vax card.

If that doesn’t work, like @JF - retired RRTsuggested, don’t stress, just bring your docs to the port.  They DO ask to see them anyway. 
No worries.

• Thanks 1

Phone number in the app for Australia just has an engaged signal. When you call the help line there is an option to be directed to a Medallion person. They can only goes do so much on their pay grade. However they will write an IT ticket to escalate the problem. They are very patient 8n the Phillipines and will enter data manually if you are having trouble.

Please be polite and respectful. Take your anger out on a punching bag and chill. You catch more bees with honey than a baseball bat! Remember how good the Filipino folks are serving you on the ship. They are not the IT gurus who are to blame for the mess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you try anything I suggested in my last post #3707?

Have you also cleared cookies on your device?

Many times when they make changes or updates, it makes it worse for people that already have issues.  Not always. 

Perhaps a campaign to stress you out before you get on the ship. When finally get on you are soon totally relaxed and feel much better. Then you buy more, tip more and rave about the ship.

We should all just chill and look forward to our holiday.

B0382C82-F116-45A5-B76B-458C19040221.jpeg

57252E3A-D847-4ECA-9719-EEC064A7E4D7.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 4:16 AM, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner too.

"Only iPhone 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags!"

Great way to treat return clients Princess.

I have had nothing from politeness from all the help crew in the Phillipines. Even with the app they were patient and manually loaded data for me. Where they couldn’t they raised an IT ticket. Ring the pPrincess Australia number and get through to the Phillipines. Remember how good folks are on the ship. Also they are not the IT company used to prepare the app.

8B601A0F-CB6C-4397-AB8C-9B442D15BE3E.jpeg

On 6/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner too.

"Only iPhone 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags!"

Great way to treat return clients Princess.

Luggage tags are still in the personalizer and are available 45 (?) days before the cruise.

54 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

A friend is having trouble putting her enhanced drivers license  information on app.   Will not let her do it.   Can she just bring everything to port and let them do it there?   

Where does it ask for DL info? And yes, you can get on the ship without using the app at all. Some cruisers don't even have a smart phone. The app just "smooths the way"...if it works for you.

1 hour ago, mrsihopes said:

A friend is having trouble putting her enhanced drivers license  information on app.   Will not let her do it.   Can she just bring everything to port and let them do it there?   

DL???  What app are they using?

I have a question which may have been answered, yes I did a search, but no luck.

I don't have a cell phone for the app. I completed everything on the web link. They asked me on the Princess site if I wanted them to mail us the medallions? Will they download our information to the medallions so we have access to our cabin or give us a cruise card like before at the pier?

Wearer booked in Dec on a 15 day cruise.We can are.yea  snage the computer -we are old folks and have no cell phone.Canwe just put our particulars in the way we have always done on the computer?If some one can tell me it would save trying yo phone princess and be on hold for ever! Thank you!