The Daily for Thursday Jul 01, 2021

richwmn

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Happy Canada Day and prayers to everyone experiencing the extreme heat wave.

Nice food and drink today.

We are in York today which has the famous medieval shambles street and wonderful Minster.

We have had a fabulous lunch.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham. 

IMG_20210701_115943.jpg

IMG_20210701_121912.jpg

IMG_20210701_122948.jpg

IMG_20210701_125157.jpg

IMG_20210701_125906.jpg

IMG_20210701_130431.jpg

IMG_20210701_130517.jpg

IMG_20210701_121751.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Happy Canada Day! Many years ago I was in Ottawa for the fireworks on Parliament Hill.

There's another border story for that. I drove to Ottawa from southern Ohio for a Volksmarch event over the holiday: the various clubs in that region sponsored, I think, four group walks over several days, plus there were five year-round walks (that you walk on your own, not with a group). The border agent asked why I was coming to Canada. Maybe I should have said, "For the fireworks," but I gave the true explanation. It didn't cause real difficulty but she looked at me as if she thought I was crazy.

It was interesting to me that government employees in Ottawa greeted everyone with "Hellobonjour" as if it were one word. The volunteers at check-in for the group walks guessed whether each person used English or French and were almost always right.

It has cooled off here but may rain most of the day. I'm officiating at a burial this afternoon--my job is non-clergy but I'm on call as a vacation replacement for three weeks.

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@grapau27Kudos to you and Pauline for helping out your economy by traveling to neighboring places and having lunch out at local restaurants.  We're enjoying seeing your travels and food pics.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Graham.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are in York today which has the famous medieval shambles street and wonderful Minster.

This has nothing to do with York but it caused me to think of you: the public-television station here has been rebroadcasting the "Coastal Railways" series with Julie Walters. The one I watched last night was about the coastal routes in Wales, starting in Aberystwyth and ending at Liverpool.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Carnival Liberty is departing PEV now, 

Thanks PEV followed her for quite some time and the SE camera at FLL showed her emerging from behind the condos and is still following her out to sea as well. Wish it were a BHB and I were on it. Oh well, November 20 will come.

• Like 13

Good morning! White rabbit-white rabbit!

Thank you Rich, Roy and our Daily gals for your faithful posts.

Happy Canada Day to our far away neighbors. 

Well, here it is folks: chicken and ice cream:

image.png.37536b6ffe48f5c51c9ea5e94760fc51.png

Have an awesome day. Cheers and blessings! Prayers for baby.

• Like 24
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Happy Canada Day and prayers to everyone experiencing the extreme heat wave.

Nice food and drink today.

We have had a fabulous lunch.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham. 

IMG_20210701_115943.jpg

IMG_20210701_121912.jpg

IMG_20210701_122948.jpg

IMG_20210701_125157.jpg

IMG_20210701_125906.jpg

IMG_20210701_130431.jpg

IMG_20210701_130517.jpg

IMG_20210701_121751.jpg

Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of the two of you enjoying one of my very favorite cities. Many visits over the years and lots of great memories. York is a great town...with lovely people.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I am starting July with a sunset rather than a sunrise.  It was taken July 17, 2012 on Blount Small Ship Adventures Grande Caribe in Cuttyhunk, Massachusetts:

sunset17.JPG.6cbb1805cf553046886c2a30990

Roy

• Like 30

31 minutes ago, DFD1 said:

Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of the two of you enjoying one of my very favorite cities. Many visits over the years and lots of great memories. York is a great town...with lovely people.

Thank you.

We have just left York and about to go into the Designer outlet of York 10 minutes drive from the city.

Graham.

• Like 10

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists. 😊

Looking forward to seeing photos from today's port of call. Our November 2019 on the Viking Sun did not include Belem but many other cities in Brazil.

🙏Prayers to all in need and to those who contribute to The Daily.😎

Katie

20210701_070149.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

We're reveling in this cooler weather!  

Happy Canada Day to our Northern neighbors!!

Interesting that today is creative ice cream day.  Just this morning my sister and niece were talking about the dairy that my Grandfather had in the 40's.  Apparently my Mother's favorite flavor was called "New York" so he would bring that to her often. It was peach-colored and had bits of fruit in it.  This was before my time, so sadly I don't have any memories of it. My sister said she's never seen an ice cream like it since.

Not fond of chicken wings and have never been to Brazil, looking forward to seeing any photos.

@dfishDebbie have a wonderful time in Michigan with your family!

@kazuwhat's going on with your cruise that you expect to be canceled?  I guess I missed something...

Today I plan to catch up on some gardening with the cooler temperatures -- also my favorite nursery is having a big sale, so I must go....😄

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

Happy Canada Day. Thanks Rich and all who help make my morning visit so encouraging. So glad about the baby. Sorry to hear about the explosion in LA and all the sadness at Surfside. Safe travels for those venturing out in what is predicted to be the busiest travel weekend. Wildfires are bad already. Two major highways closed and many evacuated here in Oregon and Northern California. Our sky is a muddy shade of pink and it feels like an episode of the twilight zone.  Again thanks everyone for being here. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Happy Canada Day, all! It is somewhat more somber than usual. As a nation, we are finally confronting the reality of our colonial roots and the ongoing damage it creates. It is not an easy task. Some countries do it sooner, some later, some still haven’t. This is our turn. 
The heat wave has finally broken here. So of course we are following the heat to the interior to visit my DS. My nephew and DW will be there, too. All of us are fully vaccinated now, with at least 14 days since the second shot. We haven’t seen family for so long. DS has a big house on the lake, and the water should be lovely by now!

Ive been to Icoroci twice, once one the Princendam in 2018 and again on the Amsterdam on her final voyage as a HAL ship. I will post pictures later.

. @grapau27 how on earth does Pauline eat all those amazing lunches day after day and stay so slim and beautiful? If she could sell her secret, you’d both be rich!

Happy Thursday, and that picture will come later, as well! 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

🎈  HAPPY CANADA DAY  🎈

Hope all our Daily Canadian family has a wonderful day.  @ger_77  Enjpy your bbq with your neighbors.

I can definitely celebrate the ice cream day, but my choice would be something that has chocolate in it.   @Seasick Sailor Joy, I will skip the chicken wing ice cream, but thanks for letting us know it exists.  It has been several years since we had chicken wings.  Might be time to remedy that.  I like the sound of the meal suggestion, and hope to have it on a BHB sometime.  Will pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice.

Sorry to learn about the wildfire near Lytton that caused the town to evacuate.  Hope they can get it contained and out soon.  That is a beautiful area.  We drove through Lytton about 20 years ago.

The news of the illegal fireworks explosion in LA is sad.  Fireworks can be so dangerous.

This moring is totally sunny and there is no wind, which is unusual for this year.

We sorta have been to today's port, but no one got off the ship as it was an unscheduled stop.  After running aground off the coast of Brazil, Captain "Sandbar" was required to stop at the first port and have divers inspect the hull.  Since it was at night, I don't even have pictures of the town.  Hope someone else has some to share.

@smitty34877  Thank you for the update on baby Camilla.  Hope she gets to move closer to home soon and that her daddy gets to see her soon.  Since your DH was "alarmed" about the milestone birthday, you might want to show him the picture below.  I friend gave me that button for my birthday about 30 years ago.

jpg225.thumb.jpg.b9c0ede88245534bfd34dd82f4a9b2b9.jpg

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

@kazuwhat's going on with your cruise that you expect to be canceled?  I guess I missed something

I don’t expect the cruise to be cancelled.  Our date was changed from November 10th to October 30th and sadly, that date doesn’t work for us (or, should I say for the dogs). 😔 

Definitely the 3rd time was not the charm for us 😞 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Happy Canada Day, all! It is somewhat more somber than usual. As a nation, we are finally confronting the reality of our colonial roots and the ongoing damage it creates. It is not an easy task. Some countries do it sooner, some later, some still haven’t. This is our turn. 
The heat wave has finally broken here. So of course we are following the heat to the interior to visit my DS. My nephew and DW will be there, too. All of us are fully vaccinated now, with at least 14 days since the second shot. We haven’t seen family for so long. DS has a big house on the lake, and the water should be lovely by now!

Ive been to Icoroci twice, once one the Princendam in 2018 and again on the Amsterdam on her final voyage as a HAL ship. I will post pictures later.

. @grapau27 how on earth does Pauline eat all those amazing lunches day after day and stay so slim and beautiful? If she could sell her secret, you’d both be rich!

Happy Thursday, and that picture will come later, as well! 

Thank you.

We tend to eat mainly fruit and vegetables at home and treat ourselves for lunch or dinner if we go out.

Graham.

• Like 13

Just saw this online:

“When in doubt, stand still. If you're tearing around in a panic about something, then it puts everyone else in a panic as well. If you just literally stand still for a while, listen and think, things will eventually get sorted out.”
- Julie Andrews
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Back from the grocery where we stocked up after our absence from home.  I made sure to get a little ice cream in honor of today.  Not so creative a flavor though - it's mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches.  My reward for eating healthy the rest of the day.

Being Canada Day I was reminded of the time I got to have my picture taken with two Mounties.  Representatives from the RCMP boarded Seabourn Quest in Happy Valley-Goose Bay for photo ops.  The weather was poor outside so photos were taken inside instead of out in the rain.  They were so tall!

enhance

This was the Route of the Vikings II cruise in August of 2018.  Excellent itinerary!

• Like 20