Connie in drydock?

Fogfog

DH looked on a martime tracker we use and he believes Connie is in drydock in Cadiz

Can anyone confirm this and have there been pics of the work being done on her?

We have an ABCs in Nov that was a lift n shift...however we are reading Grand Cayman and Bonaire may both be closed in late 2021...

Looking for a bright light in the uncertainty of ship condition and itinerary

Current schedule for Constellation shows first sailing on Nov 7 to Western Caribbean. No revenue passenger activity until then, so it's probable the Revolution process will be completed at dry dock before then. She still shows the beautiful horizontal blue and white exterior and that will be changed to the tug boat blue blob look to match the Edge class ships. I haven't seen any announcement by Celebrity as to an updated schedule, however.

• Like 2

She was due for a refit in Cadiz in April 2020 which was cancelled due to Covid  so I too am hoping this us why she’s there now. A lady on the constellation Facebook page has a daughter onboard at moment and said she would update us as soon as she was allowed to say why the shops there. 

• Like 1

we are sailing on her on 12-3-21 out of tampa and we would be thrilled if she sails at all....We've sailed on her numerous times and unless things change with the AI plan at celebrity this lift/switch sailing for us will be our last time to sail with this line....It has been a great run and we will be shifting to hal and rcl for the rest of our cruise needs....wish everyone well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semibeater said:

Here is the detail from the Cadiz dry dock. Translated from Spanish newspaper.

Constellation dry dock 2021.docx 12.83 kB · 26 downloads

Sounds like only required maintenance will be done.  This will be in line with other ships that have gone into drydock during the pandemic.   It's doubtful that any part of the "Revolution"  will be accomplished.

• Like 3

Bummer... had hoped she'd get refreshed at least.

We have a sailing for the ABCs late Nov and we have our doubts as Grand Cayman will be lost and possibly Bonaire

This was a lift/shift from last fall.

Unless Celebrity is going to allow us to lift-shift again... we don't know that we want to lose the itinerary. We chose it for Bonaire in particular.

Hopefully it doesn't stay past 11 Aug and get a P painted on its side. We're on Infinity May 2022 and hope it doesn't happen to her either. They cancelled the Fall 2021 TA to Brazil for Infinity. Not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about it.

I also got excited when I saw Constellation was enroute to Cadiz. We were very disappointed that the revolution refit didn’t take place and are debating whether to make final payment next month for our November ABC cruise. It is a lift and shift from Nov 20 and has all 4 legacy perks from the now defunct Go Best program so it is a difficult decision. 

33 minutes ago, Definitas said:

I also got excited when I saw Constellation was enroute to Cadiz. We were very disappointed that the revolution refit didn’t take place and are debating whether to make final payment next month for our November ABC cruise. It is a lift and shift from Nov 20 and has all 4 legacy perks from the now defunct Go Best program so it is a difficult decision. 

We’re in the same quandary 

9 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

We’re in the same quandary 

10 hours ago, Definitas said:

I should have added that we are in the UK and not currently allowed into the US. 

We’re booked on the ship for April 2022 out of Tampa, a lift & shift following our long ago booking made the week the Tampa sailings were originally announced. 

Yes, I’m mildly disappointed not to have the Retreat & SS2 updates - out of curiosity to try the new Retreat concept but mostly because I found the Sky Suite decor and bathroom on that ship to be seriously outdated way back in 2014. The rest of the ship was fine. Love the T-pool!

I’m certainly not going to whine about interior decorating because the SS rate was a great deal and prices shot up fast even before Covid. And Luminae & Michael’s await! We convinced two other couples to join us and have been looking forward to this for so long. I truly hope the Constellation in back for all of us Cruise Critic folks booked on these Tampa departures. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:42 AM, rucrazy said:

I posted the question of what exactly will be done in Cadiz on FB on the Celebrity fan Page I hope someone from Corporate will give me a response.

Kipping my 🤞 I get a response!

Constellation is in dry dock but is not getting the full Revolution job at this time. It's getting paint and refreshes similar to Infinity a few months ago. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 7:42 AM, rucrazy said:

I posted the question of what exactly will be done in Cadiz on FB on the Celebrity fan Page I hope someone from Corporate will give me a response.

Kipping my 🤞 I get a response!

During a TA webinar yesterday, the Celebrity VP confirmed the Connie would only get the required marine maintenance during the dry dock. 

On 7/17/2021 at 5:18 PM, Definitas said:

I have Infinity booked for Jan, 2023.  When I booked that cruise, Infinity was still scheduled for a revolution refit prior to that cruise.  Since that refit was postponed indefinitely, I called Celebrity and asked if there will be cabin discounts available should she not be revolutionized by then.  The agent said that no firm decision were made at that point but it would be reasonable to assumed that if you booked while the refit was still scheduled and not after the postponement that you would be entitled to some sort of compensation be it a cabin discount (I won't hold my breath for that) or a nice chunk of onboard credit.  Ideally, she will have completed her retrofit by then but if that isn't the case a 10% obc would almost compensate for looking at the ugly gold fake velvet sofa for two weeks.

40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You can bet there will be no compensation for an unrevolutionized ship.  They will tell you to cancel the bargain you have booked so they can sell it to someone else at twice the price.

Completely agree, I would never see Celebrity or anyone really doing that, its the same thing as people then saying we dont like the upgrade/redone etc ship and want to be compensated for the changes.  

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

During a TA webinar yesterday, the Celebrity VP confirmed the Connie would only get the required marine maintenance during the dry dock. 

Ugg.    Thanks for the heads-up.   Not sure exactly what that means right now.

2 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

I have Infinity booked for Jan, 2023.  When I booked that cruise, Infinity was still scheduled for a revolution refit prior to that cruise.  Since that refit was postponed indefinitely, I called Celebrity and asked if there will be cabin discounts available should she not be revolutionized by then.  The agent said that no firm decision were made at that point but it would be reasonable to assumed that if you booked while the refit was still scheduled and not after the postponement that you would be entitled to some sort of compensation be it a cabin discount (I won't hold my breath for that) or a nice chunk of onboard credit.  Ideally, she will have completed her retrofit by then but if that isn't the case a 10% obc would almost compensate for looking at the ugly gold fake velvet sofa for two weeks.

Normalcy is obviously just around the corner. Just a few months ago we were hoping and begging to aboard ship. Now we are asking for discounts due to old carpet and such. 😎😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

You can bet there will be no compensation for an unrevolutionized ship.  They will tell you to cancel the bargain you have booked so they can sell it to someone else at twice the price.

There is that possibility.