LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

24 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I wonder how much of this is HAL vs. the CDC.  Because so much of it is antithetical to passenger comfort.  I'm not convinced they suddenly went "woke" on greenness.  

Pretty sure this has to do with the enormous fines HAL sustained for polluting a few years ago and part of the deal so that they could keep sailing was to green up the ships.  Thus so much has changed over the last few years, especially to reduce paper and plastic usage.  (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zelker said:

I know Navigator app is free but my QR scan app has nothing to do with the Navigator app.  Oh well, guess we’ll see when we’re onboard.

It will direct you to a link that you will be able to open while onboard. 

5 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

What about the pillow chocolates?????😭

Don’t know! Someone reported this in the last couple of days. Maybe the chocolate’s are left during early cleaning? That would make sense.

I hate asking Lisa  as I want her and Tom enjoy to their cruise.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 3

I also had difficulty getting menus to pop up so I deleted the app and re-installed it . . . voila!  Now I've got much more information than I had previously.

Re: the bottled water, we drink from the taps on the ship and always carry reusable water bottles with us to take on shore.  The bottles can be refilled at the Lido, or the waiters in the dining room will fill them for you as well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It has been reported that Stewards only come into your cabin during day and that you have to request turndown service. 

Yes they clean just once a day but while not doing turn down they are still coming into the cabin at least for us bringing the When and Where, placing the form for Room Service on our bed and making towel animals.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pia1913 said:

Re trivia:  same as always.  No more than six to a team.  There are lots of combos.  We are 4, but asked 2 others to join us at today’s session. 

Hi Pia, you lucky lady being on the first cruise to Alaska!  We are on the Majestic on Sept. 5.  Are you winning at trivia??

1 minute ago, aliaschief said:

Don’t know! Someone reported this in the last couple of days. Maybe the chocolate’s are left during early cleaning? That would make sense.

I hate asking Lisa  as I want her and Tom enjoy to their cruise.

I wonder if the stewards don't slip into your cabin while you're at dinner and leave the next day's When and Where along with the pillow chocolates?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zelker said:

Spring water in boxes??  Do tell!!  (please)

Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Premium-Paper-Based-Recyclable-Naturally/dp/B084ZVBL6V/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=packaged%2Bwater&qid=1627321080&sr=8-11&th=1

6 1Liter Packages (Maximum allowed by the water police)

I was going to have the fine folks at Prime deliver it to my hotel the day before and then cart it onto the ship (Carry on). Hopefully it will meet the discerning test buds of my better half - time will tell.

But then there are others with a aversion to water WC Fields _“I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.”

1514990912_ScreenShot2021-07-26at12_41_20PM.thumb.png.4d5bacab514e82d279a6b4f10158b713.png

Edited by RGEDad
Added WC Fields Quote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

Hi Pia, you lucky lady being on the first cruise to Alaska!  We are on the Majestic on Sept. 5.  Are you winning at trivia??

Hi .  You picked the wrong Majestic cruise.  We are on August 1 when we get off this one.  Yes, we’re winning.  😀

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes these are in our cabin. There are two of them for $5.50 each.

image.jpg

I think you have the beverage package but for those of us who don't, can you find out if we get a loyalty discount on them please? (as in, are they "included" as part of the minibar even if they're not physically in it)  Once again, thx. 

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We have chocolates both nights, dark chocolate the first and milk chocolate last night.

Whew!  I thought for a minute I'd have to bring along our own pillow chocolates!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, zelker said:

@LAFFNVEGAS  Lisa, noticed in your first night photo that you had a towel animal, pillow chocolates, tote bag, etc.  So did you request turndown service?

No, said we did not need it so the bed was NOT turned down. But everything else is the same lol

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, zelker said:

I think you have the beverage package but for those of us who don't, can you find out if we get a loyalty discount on them please? (as in, are they "included" as part of the minibar even if they're not physically in it)  Once again, thx. 

Items from the mini bar are not part of the Beverage package but being 4 star we would get the loyalty discount on them.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

There are people complaining about several things, not just the wine packages. I say roll with the issues of the first cruise back in 16 months. Sounds like there is a new serving system for meals. Its not going to be perfect. I say, on the 4/5 star reception, check with the front desk and see what is happening. 

If you hadn't done something...particularly a team event... in 16 months would you be perfect?

Have you actually gone to the front desk or do you deal the the neptune suite concierge?  Those are 2 totally different things.  If you can get an answer from the front desk on such things consider yourself lucky.  Personally, I would be ok with disruption in the MDR.  It seems pre pandemic it was the same.  Hals strong suit is not being organized.  We've all had challenges during the pandmeic personally or business wise.  That is no reason for mediocrity to be the order of the day.  Cruises are a fortune now.  For a lot of us it's a stretch.  I want to hear the good and bad not the sugar coated version so I'm happy to hear it all.  People want to feel valued.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Items from the mini bar are not part of the Beverage package but being 4 star we would get the loyalty discount on them.

Yep, I know minibar isn't included in a beverage package.

So to confirm, the Acqua Panna bottles ARE eligible for our 50% discount, correct?  (we aren't doing the promo on this cruise so will be paying a la carte for beverages and if they aren't specifically eligible for the discount, it's less to order them delivered to the stateroom ahead of time).  

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I think I am caught up reading posts lol

ok for those wanting info on Port Valet for luggage. You will get the form on Monday and it must be turned in by noon Wednesday.

ACD5CDD1-520F-4804-A554-293C2F8E10A5.jpeg

E79E5D5F-2775-492E-B071-98B74D154E5B.jpeg

So glad to see they are still offering this.  Hope they'll accept ours for our 10:55 AM flight since it's 5 minutes earlier than what it states on this form. 

1 minute ago, zelker said:

Yep, I know minibar isn't included in a beverage package.

So to confirm, the Acqua Panna bottles ARE eligible for our 50% discount, correct?  (we aren't doing the promo on this cruise so will be paying a la carte for beverages and if they aren't specifically eligible for the discount, it's less to order them delivered to the stateroom ahead of time).  

I cannot give you a definite 100% but my understanding is all items being offered in the mini bar are at the 50% but since there are only two to get them replenished may be a pain so ordering in advance may be the way to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1