The Daily for Monday July 26, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon, all! I like the collection of days. I really got as far as the meal of the day, when it sounded like the solution I was looking for tonight as I hadn’t come up,with a vegetarian protein for DD. So now a vegetarian lasagne is bubbling away in the oven and the house smells wonderful. It’s so nice to have a day cool enough to cook again, although it won’t last long.

I have been to Jakarta with the Volendam, but can’t find the pictures.

Earlier today I watched the Nieuw Amsterdam sail into Juneau. I’m sure many of us did. I know I was not alone in toasting her arrival with a glass of wine! 
Ive also been experimenting with a very simple dye made from the blossoms of Queen Anne’s Lace. The delicate white flowers produce a dye that turns silk a bright butter yellow. I dyed an unprinted scarf solid yellow I also rescue dipped two collage print narrow scarves that, shall we say, had turned out less than stellar.😏

23ABDC3B-1D1A-4296-A5F9-D3DBF69AC8D7.thumb.jpeg.caa0deda085ab319d4a73afb9f7d3bd9.jpeg

Happy Monday, and cheers to the return of a BHB to ports of call!

042B5A97-9BD2-4BA2-A6EE-0E0642C086BE.thumb.jpeg.15a808e2568af931349b38b6af4da2c5.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 18

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

NOW I remember why I only go to the Daily on CC. Lisa's thread has been highjacked by the usual crazies. Why can't people post respectfully!! 

Thank you Rich for our wonderful, happy, Daily!

I noticed that as well.  What a shame.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

Good morning,

Nice and cool here and we have the windows open.  I am not an air conditioning fan but know it is needed even here when temperatures rise.

Interesting list of days.  Haven't been to the port and so the pictures are great to see.

Prayers to all on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.  

Our good friend who has a break through covid case now has spread it to his wife.  We were so hoping that with she wouldn't get it.  Both are doing ok.  We will drop off groceries as needed (from a distance).

Praying for all who are still affected by this pandemic.  I am back to wearing my mask in some places.  I feel if our friends can catch it, anyone can.  Don't know anyone more careful 

We are wearing our masks, too, eventhough we're fully vaccinated.  😷😷

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

NOW I remember why I only go to the Daily on CC. Lisa's thread has been highjacked by the usual crazies. Why can't people post respectfully!! 

I noticed it too.  Our Daily family is the best!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@Horizon chaser 1957the yellow colour is exquisite!!!!!  You possess such a beautiful talent!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you! Can you believe that beautiful bright colour comes from those lacy white flowers? No chemicals, no modifiers, nothing added but water and heat.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good afternoon, all! I like the collection of days. I really got as far as the meal of the day, when it sounded like the solution I was looking for tonight as I hadn’t come up,with a vegetarian protein for DD. So now a vegetarian lasagne is bubbling away in the oven and the house smells wonderful. It’s so nice to have a day cool enough to cook again, although it won’t last long.

I have been to Jakarta with the Volendam, but can’t find the pictures.

Earlier today I watched the Nieuw Amsterdam sail into Juneau. I’m sure many of us did. I know I was not alone in toasting her arrival with a glass of wine! 
Ive also been experimenting with a very simple dye made from the blossoms of Queen Anne’s Lace. The delicate white flowers produce a dye that turns silk a bright butter yellow. I dyed an unprinted scarf solid yellow I also rescue dipped two collage print narrow scarves that, shall we say, had turned out less than stellar.😏

23ABDC3B-1D1A-4296-A5F9-D3DBF69AC8D7.thumb.jpeg.caa0deda085ab319d4a73afb9f7d3bd9.jpeg

Happy Monday, and cheers to the return of a BHB to ports of call!

042B5A97-9BD2-4BA2-A6EE-0E0642C086BE.thumb.jpeg.15a808e2568af931349b38b6af4da2c5.jpeg

That is gorgeous !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I’m not sure why people have to do that.  Or ask questions already answered?  Sheesh - read the thread.

I just try to ignore the crazies and read the remainder of the thread. 

I am enjoying Lisa’s reports 👍 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Just a quick update re Kakalena...  She has finished with the radiation but is having a lot of side effects.She has a good day followed by a couple of bad days but is happy that the worst is probably over. Will know more after her 1st follow up CAT Scan in a couple of months.. 

Thanks so much for letting us know.  We’ll pray for good results from her CAT scan 🙏🏻 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you! Can you believe that beautiful bright colour comes from those lacy white flowers? No chemicals, no modifiers, nothing added but water and heat.

And a bit of Laura’s magic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Horizon chaser 1957I agree the scarf's coloring is beautiful!  It can be fun and lucrative to be so talented.  I'm sure you could easily sell the scarves anywhere.

Thank you! DD is going to help me set up an Etsy shop. I have no clue how to do that on my own!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you! DD is going to help me set up an Etsy shop. I have no clue how to do that on my own!

I wouldn't know how to do that either.  My DD has an Etsy shop for her handmade craft items.  She is also a full time teacher and a realtor.  She likes having a creative outlet and is in my eyes, very talented.  😄  Good luck with your Etsy shop.  I know it will be a success.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

That's awesome!  All the "kids" in our family use Etsy a lot.  Let us know when you are up and running so we can shop!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I hope you can share it here, Laura.  If not, PLEASE… annge3@gmail.com

I still can picture the blouse you shared last year. And I still want it. 

Please hug your daughter for me.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I hope you can share it here, Laura.  If not, PLEASE… annge3@gmail.com

I still can picture the blouse you shared last year. And I still want it. 

Please hug your daughter for me.

I don’t know if I can share it here, but we shall see. That blouse has started telling me it has your name on it.😏

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I don’t know if I can share it here, but we shall see. That blouse has started telling me it has your name on it.😏

Laura, I just got emotional when I read this. I need a bit of good news. 

I confess to feeling sorry for myself. The office of the doctor I was scheduled to see this Friday called to say he does NOT treat KNEES! Somehow the person who scheduled my appointment missed that. Lesson learned for me. In the future, when I ask for an appointment with the doctor who has the first available appointment, I need to make sure he or she treats my issue.  

And of course all regular office hours have ended for the day, so I have to wait until tomorrow to find out how long I have to wait to see an or doctor who does treat knees. 

Thank you for letting me hijack your post. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

YAY!!!  Hope the shipping cost to the US will be less.  Keep us posted, please.

• Like 1