Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

6 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Any news on November 2023 southern Caribbean sailings? 

The Longer Caribbean sailing should be next week. Only thing I saw pop up so far possible is 8N on Voyager from PC to Aruba and Curacao with only one on Dates yet in Jan 2024

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

How are the Navigator sailings selling?  Seems like California would make sense if they have so many big ships.

I don’t think the market is there for a Oasis class.

A Quantum class possibly and it could also do Alaska.

If the market was there,  a older oasis between Sydney / Singapore and the west coast possibly?

But there’s going to be a saturated U.S east coast soon if not already of big ships.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

The Longer Caribbean sailing should be next week. Only thing I saw pop up so far possible is 8N on Voyager from PC to Aruba and Curacao with only one on Dates yet in Jan 2024

Voyager is coming back and from PC? May be I missed it, is Mariner moving to a new Home Port? Thanks

45 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Voyager is coming back and from PC? May be I missed it, is Mariner moving to a new Home Port? Thanks

That Voyager Cruise was on the Royal site today, now not. Was part of Test Load, will return when officially released with others

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

With Icon in 18 months there certainly a saturation of big ships.

image.jpeg.eb39805e9e79a52c587fe9db67ed5ae3.jpeg

What would bother me is if too many Ships, Saturation of Market, and Cruisers not return fast enough Royal would get rid itself rest of the smaller Ships. Also limit of places the Largest Ships can Dock

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

What would bother me is if too many Ships, Saturation of Market, and Cruisers not return fast enough Royal would get rid itself rest of the smaller Ships. Also limit of places the Largest Ships can Dock

Where I’m coming from is the US market in 2024 is saturated with big ships and if Lelepa private island come to fruit. A Oasis in the pacific,a older one ,probably oasis or allure would be a a option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Wonder not going to Asia probably messed up a lot of long term planning for RCI.

So has Australia.  Ovation is still floating around doing nothing.  What a waste of a beautiful and relatively new ship.  Can't imagine what it's been like to work on Royal's deployment team through all this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Anyone know when we can book harmony from texas and the dates? Will it be back early next week to book? I'm ready. 

The most recent flyer suggests "week of February 28", so, yes, should be next week sometime.

Ok I would have guessed a vague sometime next week myself. Still interested in specifics like what time period will it be here. Some wonder maybe just while allure does dry dock for instance. 

I was hoping I'd know by monday or tuesday and WHAT dates it will be here. I'm impatient. If anyone hears specifics .. I cant wait. Of course I knew myself it was coming soon when I saw the test cruise show up. Oh well. Hard to be patient. I hear patience is good for the soul. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I would have guessed a vague sometime next week myself. Still interested in specifics like what time period will it be here. Some wonder maybe just while allure does dry dock for instance. 

I was hoping I'd know by monday or tuesday and WHAT dates it will be here. I'm impatient. If anyone hears specifics .. I cant wait. Of course I knew myself it was coming soon when I saw the test cruise show up. Oh well. Hard to be patient. I hear patience is good for the soul. 

We got a surprise when they loaded the Northeast cruises at about 9p ET on Monday this past week. Wasn't expecting Monday (because Royal rarely ever seems to actually post them on a Monday, much less a holiday), and they usually seem to get posted much later than 9p ET. It was great being able to snag our preferred cabin, which I doubt we would have been able to get on Tuesday morning.

So you never know, especially these days.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

So has Australia.  Ovation is still floating around doing nothing.  What a waste of a beautiful and relatively new ship.  Can't imagine what it's been like to work on Royal's deployment team through all this.

The issue is far from solved here in Australia.

The Australian  government claims it wants cruising to resume. They have left it to the states to sort out. 
Media articles claim it will be local cruising for the start mainly along the East Coast.

New Zealand has been stricter then Oz dealing with Covid. If New Zealand doesn’t allow cruise ships to visit 22/23 season the number of ships required to run a local cruises in Australia will be far less. 
The South Pacific hasn’t made a statement he about cruise ships visiting.

Sadly it is looking like the Royal Deployment Team might have a ship or two surplus from the Royal or Celebrity brands 22/23 Oz season. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping that Australia is open to cruising sooner, rather than later.  We were booked on the Serenade circumnavigation in Feb/March 2021, but that was cancelled because of Covid.  We were booked on Crystal Serenity World Cruise 2023, which was to make several stops in Australia.  Unfortunately, Crystal is in liquidation, awaiting a potential new buyer, or worst case, headed to to scrap yard.  As the saying goes, third time is the charm, so perhaps our third try at a cruise to Australia will come to fruition.  Some posters on this forum have deduced that Enchantment of the Seas will do a circumnavigation in 2024.  I hope they're right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

Did anyone else see a cruise listed the other day for January 2024 on the Voyager. It was an 8 night out of Port Canaveral. I believe it said it was going to Labadee, Aruba, Curacao. I know I was not hallucinating when I saw it. Now it is not listed. 

They had some test cruises loaded late last week and then removed. They always do this before a new deployment schedule.  These should be back in the next few days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

Did anyone else see a cruise listed the other day for January 2024 on the Voyager. It was an 8 night out of Port Canaveral. I believe it said it was going to Labadee, Aruba, Curacao. I know I was not hallucinating when I saw it. Now it is not listed. 

Yes, I saw it, although I didn't pay much attention to where it was going.

Like @#1packerfan says, it would have part of the test load in preparation for what is supposed to be this week's release of new sailings. If you're interested in booking it keep checking back.