Taking drinks out of bar

Poppie55

Happy we have Premium drink package. Can we bring our drinks from the bar back to our cabins?

Also, noticed The Retreat Lounge on Silhouette ( Old Michaels Lounge) now on 15 th floor?

Doesn’t seem convenient for priority disembarking or popping in after first getting on board

IMHO. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Happy we have Premium drink package. Can we bring our drinks from the bar back to our cabins?

Also, noticed The Retreat Lounge on Silhouette ( Old Michaels Lounge) now on 15 th floor?

Doesn’t seem convenient for priority disembarking or popping in after first getting on board

IMHO. 

Thanks!

And any other venue. 

27 minutes ago, woodards said:

Exception is probably Murano, they have fancy glasses (well used to, haven’t sailed for three years). 

We have had servers pour our drinks out of special glasses into standard glasses to take the drinks out of Blu. So the drinks can go, but not all glasses can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yes on Celebrity many passengers walk with their drinks.   They also frequently spill the drink so you have to be very careful walking or you will slip on the spilled liquids.   You may also have the wonderful experience of a drink spilled in your clothes, shoes, etc. on the elevator.   We now leave the elevator if someone enters with drinks and/or food.

• Like 1

And as you head back to your room, you can ask for your favorite alcohol strait in a glass and build up a nice little  setup in your room. Easy for me as I like whisky and water, the biggest concern is ice.

Have a great trip!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Leaving with a drink is fine, Edge/Apex's Eden has some exotic drinks in exotic glasses, I'd imagine if the staff sees you they may say something but maybe not.

We sometimes ask if it’s ok to take the wine in that glass , they might just give us another glass instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, woodards said:

Exception is probably Murano, they have fancy glasses (well used to, haven’t sailed for three years). 

I was able to take my drink out of Luminae, but they had to switch it to another glass.

2 hours ago, woodards said:

If you enter  with a drink they will politely pour it into one of their nicer glasses.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Yes on Celebrity many passengers walk with their drinks.   They also frequently spill the drink so you have to be very careful walking or you will slip on the spilled liquids.   You may also have the wonderful experience of a drink spilled in your clothes, shoes, etc. on the elevator.   We now leave the elevator if someone enters with drinks and/or food.

After about the 4th drink (less, for the lightweights out there), the bartenders should supply any additional booze in sippy cups!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I have always taken the nicer glasses out of the restaurant.  No one has told I should not.  I have had them ask to repour my wine into a nicer glass.

I wonder how many of these nicer glasses end up in the suitcase...😀  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mike981 said:

And as you head back to your room, you can ask for your favorite alcohol strait in a glass and build up a nice little  setup in your room. Easy for me as I like whisky and water, the biggest concern is ice.

Have a great trip!

I like mine neat. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

After about the 4th drink (less, for the lightweights out there), the bartenders should supply any additional booze in sippy cups!

Speaking for yourself. 😂

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

We always do this - any bar will allow you to take your drink with you, typically.  We especially like to stop at a bar on the way back to our room for a nice glass of wine to enjoy on our balcony.  You also will see people walking all over the ship with a drink in hand.

35 minutes ago, keesar said:

I wonder how many of these nicer glasses end up in the suitcase...😀  

That's probably why the staff changes the glassware. 😉
This reminded me of our cruise on the Summit years ago when Capt. Kate was the Master.

On the day of departure she was waiting dockside for a passenger whose luggage was sitting nearby. This passenger was collecting dishes from the Oceanview cafe during the cruise and packing them in her suitcases, but unfortunately she forgot to close them and the room steward discovered the theft.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Haha 1