The Demise of the Suite Lounge

12 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

DYAC! 🤣
 My husband demands I leave it... he agrees heartily with you.  His experiences with Pinnacles have never been welcoming, and he avoids any gatherings of frequent cruisers as a result (Meet and Mingles, suite lounge, free drinks hours).  😞 

We are the same way. We have a cruise wall with all of the pins from the first ones we received through the “Pin” pins, and we refuse to wear any of them. We don’t cruise to strut around like a bunch of posers. We go to relax and enjoy the sea.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I have always said....suite/conceirge lounge should be for suite guests ONLY

Such a major difference talking about rccl suite lounge and celebrity, many times during the day we may be the only ones in lounge , never had a issue finding a seat , also drink all day with a better selection. 

• Like 2

Whether the Pins are in or out, I just want them to return to 11-11 service on the O class.  Disappointing that they aren't offering that right now.  Of course, I realize that they are at reduced staffing and reduced capacity right now, so hopefully it will go back to the regular operating hours soon.  Or maybe they will use the current situation to implement a permanent change in operating hours as I also believe that many companies are using COVID as an excuse to reduce service (but never price !) and I think it stinks.

• Like 2

On our first cruise in 18years and our first (but not last!!!) in a suite, adult daughter, hubby & I went to the suites lounge.  Wow, talk about being unwelcome!  No greeting, no seats, practically had to tackle a waiter to get a drink.  Left as soon as we got them & never went back.  YMMV

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, poocher said:

On our first cruise in 18years and our first (but not last!!!) in a suite, adult daughter, hubby & I went to the suites lounge.  Wow, talk about being unwelcome!  No greeting, no seats, practically had to tackle a waiter to get a drink.  Left as soon as we got them & never went back.  YMMV

It’s even worse on ships that have no suite and only concierge lounge since they have suite, pinnacles and diamond plus.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never found pins to be snooty.

Apparently we have never been on the same cruise with you then. Our experience is the exact opposite. More Me, Me, Me's than a flock of seagulls.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Making a blanket statement like “Demise of the Suite Lounge,” when ships are not nearly at full capacity is jumping the gun a bit.  

When we book a suite we enjoy the Suite Lounge atmosphere and have never encountered any over the top self centered people, however we don’t want to have to search for a place to sit down for a pre dinner drink or two and anything RC can do to provide for that is welcome.  We, like most people, don’t use the lounge as a three hour drink fest.  We might be there for 30 to 45 minutes at most. Only occasionally have we spent more time in the lounge during the evening.

Since dining times vary for everyone the lounge serves drinks to accommodate those schedules.  Limiting the time the lounge serves drinks to an 90 minutes as someone proposed makes no sense.  

1 hour ago, George C said:

It’s even worse on ships that have no suite and only concierge lounge since they have suite, pinnacles and diamond plus.

They are/were addressing this.  Perhaps somebody who has cruised since the resumption can comment if access to the Concierge lounge was limited to suite gusts only?

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Kind of hypocritical to point your nose up at the suite lounges when you're paying for a suite cabin

I guess that explains why you’ve never seen any snooty pins…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Whether the Pins are in or out, I just want them to return to 11-11 service on the O class.  Disappointing that they aren't offering that right now.  Of course, I realize that they are at reduced staffing and reduced capacity right now, so hopefully it will go back to the regular operating hours soon.  Or maybe they will use the current situation to implement a permanent change in operating hours as I also believe that many companies are using COVID as an excuse to reduce service (but never price !) and I think it stinks.

This is unacceptable. The cost of suites on Oasis class are expensive. 
I hope every suite guest gives a poor rating about this 11-11 fiasco. 
So.... Can I pay for a drink? 
So ... is the bartender there to get drinks for people eating?
If I can pay for a drink in the SL, they can hand me one for free if in a suite. 

Will someone clarify this for me?

Can I pay for a drink, but not get one for free unless eating in the SL?

Thanks

Edited by scorpluvsdolphins
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

How do you know who's a Pinnacle in the Suite lounge?

Don't worry, they'll tell you. LOL

You'll hear them from across the room and see their cordoned off area they've created!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1