The Demise of the Suite Lounge

48 minutes ago, George C said:

What surprised me was I had done navigator several times in suites and really disliked the small enclosed lounge , then on the smaller brilliance much larger with great view and outside area and a real bar that you could sit out. I had a minor problem and concierge gave us a huge credit towards future cruise. 

That's the "old" navigator.  (Like the other Voyager and Freedom class ships).  Suite Lounge is now on Deck 14.  All windows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

That's the "old" navigator.  (Like the other Voyager and Freedom class ships).  Suite Lounge is now on Deck 14.  All windows.

Is it Navigator that moved the SL to the old DL location

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Serenade perhaps ???

The email I just got from the concierge on Serenade referred to it as the suite lounge.  For whatever that is worth.

Edit to add

1261887026_ScreenShot2021-08-14at4_49_37PM.thumb.png.670360a037d439f569f1ef84fb74c330.png

So who knows.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Have fun and good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor

Screenshot_20210814-164619_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2b0de729c8e577dd9d1283fcc5a94ad.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-164558_Chrome.jpg.71d3114d1e40a62e7a806c29ba6f7bda.jpg

LOL thanks but I know pitching a fit is useless, I will just cancel and spend my money somewhere else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Espn said:

LOL thanks but I know pitching a fit is useless, I will just cancel and spend my money somewhere else.

It worked for the crystal block debacle.

So, limited beers and cheap wine over expanded hours is a deal breaker.🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is it Navigator that moved the SL to the old DL location

Yes. It's pretty nice up there. Wasn't that the 19th Hole before the DL? 

Edited by Big_G

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It worked for the crystal block debacle.

So, limited beers and cheap wine over expanded hours is a deal breaker.🤔

Wife like cheap wine and doesn’t like paying for a suite when she doesn’t get it😂.

Now what did I miss a bout expanded hours?

1 minute ago, Espn said:

Wife like cheap wine and doesn’t like paying for a suite when she doesn’t get it😂.

Now what did I miss a bout expanded hours?

Laura enjoys cheap wine as well. Pink koolaid

Oasis class used to provide beer and wine in SL from 11-11. But not currently.  I thought that was your issue.

As far as suite guests impact, that's the only change. It was a unique perk to the Oasis Class

36 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The email I just got from the concierge on Serenade referred to it as the suite lounge.  For whatever that is worth.

Edit to add

1261887026_ScreenShot2021-08-14at4_49_37PM.thumb.png.670360a037d439f569f1ef84fb74c330.png

So who knows.  

The website, both text and deck plans, will be the last to change.

It took them what, two decades, to list the ships alphabetically?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Big_G said:

So they just moved the problem somewhere else.

This is what I was thinking....   When we were on Adventure the Diamond lounge was PACKED nightly.  Suite lounge empty.

I was like.... so you reduced crowding in one room by just moving everyone to another.... kinda pointless.

BUT.....   it made sense.

On adventure the diamond lounge entrance is in the main part of VCL.   All week they just propped the door open.  People wandered in and out to get food, but pretty much the VCL became the diamond lounge. 

I honestly loved the process because VCL is so under used, and it's my favorite spot on the ship.

I would be happy with them leaving VCL on future ships and using them for diamonds, and putting pinnacles in the old diamond lounges or something similar.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty much all the old smaller ships and Anthem/Ovation

So did any of the concierge lounges officially change to suite lounges?  I thought the plan was to make the change but I don't know how far it's progressed.  (especially in light of Covid)

1 minute ago, Cigar King said:

So did any of the concierge lounges officially change to suite lounges?  I thought the plan was to make the change but I don't know how far it's progressed.  (especially in light of Covid)

I guess you could research Anthem and Serenade/Jewel. Those are the only ones currently sailing

7 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Aren't the  bathrooms on deck 17 outside of the SL/CK on Allure? 

Aren't these the bathrooms, the suite guests line up in the morning for their morning wash to avoid tipping the house keeping personnel?🤫

12 hours ago, Espn said:

Genuinely curious as I do sail other lines.  What other cruise lines offer unlimited basic beer & wine to suite guests every day?  

Edited by twangster

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Genuinely curious as I do sail other lines.  What other cruise lines offer unlimited basic beer & wine to suite guests every day?  

Celebrity has an all inclusive fare.

NCL has their suites bar on the bigger ships, in their Haven.

Edited by LadyShiva

1 minute ago, LadyShiva said:

Celebrity has an all inclusive fare.

NCL has their suites bar on the bigger ships, in their Haven.

Everyone on Celebrity has drinks included from interior to suites but everyone pays higher rates on X so that's not the same as suite guests getting free drinks.

On NCL is the suite bar inclusive all day?  Actually looking at NCL for their 100% vaccinated so no masks policies.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Everyone on Celebrity has drinks included from interior to suites but everyone pays higher rates on X so that's not the same as suite guests getting free drinks.

On NCL is the suite bar inclusive all day?  Actually looking at NCL for their 100% vaccinated so no masks policies.

Depends on the sale NCL is running, but choose a suite on an -away class ship and see if you can choose a beverage packages for the price of the gratuities.  You will have beer and cheapish wines included from the Haven bar.