Oh no, Dasani replaced by Evian!

My cruise may well be ruined.  I can't belive I can't get Dasani anymore.

Said with my tongue in my cheek.

Dear Guest,

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard your upcoming sailing!

We’re reaching out to let you know that the Dasani Water Package is no longer available onboard our ships. Not to worry though. We’re happy to share that all Dasani Water Packages will be automatically switched to our new Evian Water Package! You’ll receive the same quantity of water as originally purchased.

Thanks for your understanding! See you soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by shellunderwater
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

My cruise may well be ruined.  I can't belive I can't get Dasani anymore.

Said with my tongue in my cheek.

Dear Guest,

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard your upcoming sailing!

We’re reaching out to let you know that the Dasani Water Package is no longer available onboard our ships. Not to worry though. We’re happy to share that all Dasani Water Packages will be automatically switched to our new Evian Water Package! You’ll receive the same quantity of water as originally purchased.

Thanks for your understanding! See you soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

I just received the same email.  I'm curious what I'm going to get.  When I ordered the Dasani during a sale, I got 24 cans @ $17.00.  Now with the Evian it's $23 for 12 or $41 for 24. This is the price during another sale that is going on now.

5 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

I just received the same email.  I'm curious what I'm going to get. 

The Evian bottles were 1 liter the last time we ordered them.

’Same quantity of water’ — are they talking same number of containers? If so, great bargain.

Same number of ounces? 😂 Not good at all. 

Hopefully they are talking containers. 👍🏼🙂

4 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

I just received the same email.  I'm curious what I'm going to get.  When I ordered the Dasani during a sale, I got 24 cans @ $17.00.  Now with the Evian it's $23 for 12 or $41 for 24. This is the price during another sale that is going on now.

Recently on my Adventure sailings, I'd ordered 24 cans for $20.  When I arrived  on the 1st leg of my B2B, there were ten 33.8 oz bottles of Evian in my stateroom and I was very happy with the brand and number of bottles.  It was enough for my B2B cruises, along with my four 16oz bottles for my "Welcome" amenity selection.

• Like 4

Water from the french alps or CocaCola water that doesn't even come from a mountain spring. This is a upgrade, not a downgrade, but let's leave the ecological factor out of this;  at least Dassani is more "local" than Evian when shipped to the US from Europe 😄

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Love Evian, even drinking one now. Dasani tastes like has a dirty Nickle in it. More then happy returning to Evian, been enjoying it on Royal Cruises since 1980's

ONECRUISER, I laughed like hell when I read this.  I may run up to my change saving bottle in my bedroom and look for a dirty nickle and throw it into my Poland spring bottle of water for lunch today.  I need to know what this tastes like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

ONECRUISER, I laughed like hell when I read this.  I may run up to my change saving bottle in my bedroom and look for a dirty nickle and throw it into my Poland spring bottle of water for lunch today.  I need to know what this tastes like.

Ha, yeah sounds funny but couple other CC Members on here said same...

16 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

where do you go to order the water? I remember seeing it in the same area that you could order bottles of booze and soda for your room but I don't even see that anymore.

Mine are missing also now, might be middle of changing of Brands

We had the big Evian bottles on the Allure. Put 2 in the frig, got a bucket of ice, filled our 20 oz insulated Contigo bottles that also fit in shorts pockets, and were able to stay hydrated all day (wuth refills at Central Park or coffee shop). Very convenient.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

No water is available to purchase for the Harmony TA in October.  It was there when we first booked and I had put a couple in our cart but had not paid for them yet and then they were gone with a note that the Desani water no longer available.  Just checked to see if the Evian one had replaced it, nope.

28 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

No water is available to purchase for the Harmony TA in October.  It was there when we first booked and I had put a couple in our cart but had not paid for them yet and then they were gone with a note that the Desani water no longer available.  Just checked to see if the Evian one had replaced it, nope.

We didn't see it ahead of time. We filled out the card in the cabin at the beginning of each leg of a B2B.

• Like 1