Does anyone have an idea when summer '23 cruises (to the Fjords) might be released?

bee-ess

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Back to school for you Zap.😊

For what it’s worth, I told my friend that I would have responded to the holiday home owner by saying “split the difference and I might be interested” 😂 

31 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I know that sarcasm is your forte Zap, but just to correct your maths;

Holiday home owner starts with a vacant week = bank balance £0

Weeks rental sold for £1,500 =  bank balance £1,500 in credit 

Weeks rental refunded at £2,000 = bank balance £500 in debt

Weeks rental re-sold at £3,500 = bank balance £3,000 in credit

So they end up with £1,500 more than they started with and have doubled their money. 

If the owner had done nothing he would have had £1500. By giving back £2000 he is £2000 down. New income £3500, so £1500 income.🤣

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If the owner had done nothing he would have had £1500. By giving back £2000 he is £2000 down. New income £3500, so £1500 income.🤣

The owner had £1500. By giving £2000 back, he is only down £500, not £2000.

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The owner had £1500. By giving £2000 back, he is only down £500, not £2000.

I feel like I am in some sort of parallel universe, but at least I am not alone in being able to grasp basic arithmetic 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Let me first preface my comments by stating the obvious. The major cruise companies only survived the no-sail period by borrowing enormous sums of money at high interest rates. Any further lengthy period with no cruising could be terminal. Therefore they are likely to be ultra cautious for far longer than other forms of tourism. 

So, my crystal ball says that for the mid term:

• All adults to be double vaccinated
  • Negative tests required at embarkation
  • Mask wearing to continue to be enforced whilst moving around inside the ship, and also in the theatre and other large indoor venues
  • Cabins to continue to only be serviced once per day
  • No buffet
  • No ship's choir
  • Limited karaoke (!)
  • Limited sail away parties 

To be honest nothing on my list seems too onerous to me, and as long as independent shore visits are allowed, we will continue to cruise.

We have had a few UK breaks over the last year or so - helped break the monotony,  but the weather was always iffy, the holidays were expensive for what they were (especially when you take the cost of eating out into account) and on returning home we never felt like we had been "away".  

I'm with Wowzz on this , independent port visits is also our red line 

We are now on the last full day of our Seacation cruise around Scottish Islands on Queen Elizabeth and we have paid £599pp for top grade GA balcony cabin and the food has been nothing but first class. Yes there are restrictions but certainly glad we booked it. Can see some things that have changed that might stay in place and Cunard use Covid as an excuse but I hope not and comparing to P&O our staterooms have been serviced twice a day.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I feel like I am in some sort of parallel universe, but at least I am not alone in being able to grasp basic arithmetic 😂 

But more fun than discussions on why folk won't go on cruises. Stopped that for an hour ,or so.🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We are now on the last full day of our Seacation cruise around Scottish Islands on Queen Elizabeth and we have paid £599pp for top grade GA balcony cabin and the food has been nothing but first class. Yes there are restrictions but certainly glad we booked it. Can see some things that have changed that might stay in place and Cunard use Covid as an excuse but I hope not and comparing to P&O our staterooms have been serviced twice a day.

Can anyone on Britannia or Iona please advise if cabins are now being serviced twice a day as usual pre covid, or only in the morning?

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Yes, but he was only giving back the £1500 that was given to him in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am losing the plot, surely if the holiday let is now costing £3500 for the week, as against £1500, and the owner is refunding the £1500 plus a further £500, then he ends up £1500 better off.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:23 AM, ann141 said:

Princess are now letting people explore independantly so I would expect P and O to do the same in a week or two

We normally cruise on Carnival as we live in the southern US.  Vaccinated cruisers can get off independently in most ports but many require masks.  We have eight cruises booked at present three in 2021.  I am with the folks that say we're not getting any younger and know too many that have contracted the disease.  We are doing out first cruise out of Southampton Nov 2022

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think I am losing the plot, surely if the holiday let is now costing £3500 for the week, as against £1500, and the owner is refunding the £1500 plus a further £500, then he ends up £1500 better off.

Hallelujah! That now makes 3 of us who can do basic arithmetic!

Spot on John👍. You can't fool a Yorkshire man where money's concerned.😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

Spot on John👍 You can't confuse a Yorkshire man where money's concerned.😉

Avril

Double post. I've lost the plot the plot now😵🤣

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Can anyone on Britannia or Iona please advise if cabins are now being serviced twice a day as usual pre covid, or only in the morning?

Have just asked the same question somewhere else ---- am stunned to be honest unless they can give a good Covid reason / excuse.

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have just asked the same question somewhere else ---- am stunned to be honest unless they can give a good Covid reason / excuse.

I think the reason/excuse is that the steward will be in your cabin as little as possible to supposedly reduce the risk of catching/passing on covid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

When we stayed in the Premier Inn in Southampton recently we got that same Covid excuse! Didn’t worry us though as only staying the one night.

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think the reason/excuse is that the steward will be in your cabin as little as possible to supposedly reduce the risk of catching/passing on covid

Ann, I just gave the same answer on the other thread. Trying to minimise the exposure of stewards to contagion. Seems pretty sensible at present. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Only in the morning on Britannia.

Edited by zap99

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They are being serviced only in the morning, for inside, outside and balcony. Not sure about the suites.

44 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

They are being serviced only in the morning, for inside, outside and balcony. Not sure about the suites.

Can you request that your towels are changed and bathroom cleaned in the evening, we always shower before dinner and like the bathroom tidied while we are out for the evening?

• Like 3