Jump to content

Does anyone have an idea when summer '23 cruises (to the Fjords) might be released?


bee-ess
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thanks, think I will be moving my April 22 to April 23.  I think the restrictions will still be in place by next april.

The thing is Jean, that none of us are getting any younger, and I'm certainly not going to be putting my life on hold for another two years.

The restrictions are not that onerous - mask wearing whilst walking about and in some public locations,  and a modest amount of social distancing.  Certainly not bad enough to make me cancel any of our upcoming cruises.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were having the same conversation today about when the cruises come out. It is usually just as the schools go back for some reason, but it is frightening to look back and to think how quickly this year seems to have gone by! Doesn't seem 5 minutes since we all had the same conversation last year !

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, wowzz said:

The thing is Jean, that none of us are getting any younger, and I'm certainly not going to be putting my life on hold for another two years.

The restrictions are not that onerous - mask wearing whilst walking about and in some public locations,  and a modest amount of social distancing.  Certainly not bad enough to make me cancel any of our upcoming cruises.

Wowzz, can't dine with other people.  Can't go ashore except on an excursion.  Not our idea of a cruise.   I still have one booked for October 2022.   There are others on here who are going to do the same thing.   Vaccinations are good in Spain and France, so there is no reason why a vaccinated person can't go ashore independently.  If they are doing excursions with time ashore on your own, it doesn't make sense, apart from making money.

 

We would probably take the ferry either to France or Spain with the car rather than be told we can't go ashore on our own.

 

 

Edited by jeanlyon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We will be interested in replacing the Canada/US cruise we had for September this year in 2023 as we hope the worst of covid and restrictions would be well over by then.  That and a St Lawrence cruise has been offered for a number of years on the mid sized ships, but I fear one of them may have gone by then.  If so, would P&O, on past performance just cancel that type of itinerary, or may they replace on another ship, e.g. Ventura, which may well be doing more repetitive cruises?  I would hope they would look ahead and remove any ships from their advance schedules, though that does not appear to be what has been done, certainly in recent years.

Edited by tring
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No it hasn't.  We had a lovely cruise planned on Adonia and they sold her just before we were due to go.  Same thing with Oriana.

 

I remember those ships going suddenly.  Did all their schedules go with them, or were some of the less common, more expensive itineraries, get replaced on other ships?  I do not think it was likely, but not entirely sure as we were not doing much P&O at the time.

Edited by tring
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tring said:

 

I remember those ships going suddenly.  Did all their schedules go with them, or were some of the less common, more expensive itineraries, get replaced on other ships?  I do think it was likely, but not entirely sure as we were not doing much P&O at the time.

We weren't affected by these sales, but if memory serves me right there were no replacement itineries on the other ships.  People just got refunds.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder where they will deploy Iona for summer 2023 as I can't see them filling the ship on 'cold' itineraries to Norway. Probably depends on bunkering facilities?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We weren't affected by these sales, but if memory serves me right there were no replacement itineries on the other ships.  People just got refunds.

 

Thanks, I did edit that question to say I did not think there were any replacements - left the not out in error at first as struggling on a phone at present. 

 

Thanks for the reply, and thanks to Jean as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Wowzz, can't dine with other people.  Can't go ashore except on an excursion.  Not our idea of a cruise.   I still have one booked for October 2022.   There are others on here who are going to do the same thing.   Vaccinations are good in Spain and France, so there is no reason why a vaccinated person can't go ashore independently.  If they are doing excursions with time ashore on your own, it doesn't make sense, apart from making money.

 

We would probably take the ferry either to France or Spain with the car rather than be told we can't go ashore on our own.

 

 

Princess are now letting people explore independantly so I would expect P and O to do the same in a week or two

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

The thing is Jean, that none of us are getting any younger, and I'm certainly not going to be putting my life on hold for another two years.

The restrictions are not that onerous - mask wearing whilst walking about and in some public locations,  and a modest amount of social distancing.  Certainly not bad enough to make me cancel any of our upcoming cruises.

We will make the best of it. We have an October 2022 booked on Iona and are toying with bringing it forward. Lots of world still to see. We won't put our lives on hold either. If we wait until everything is back to normal, we may be waiting a long, long time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Princess are now letting people explore independantly so I would expect P and O to do the same in a week or two

Is that just in the UK though>

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Is that just in the UK though>

 

No it includes all Princess cruises up to and including when Princess sails to the US at the beginning of November(presumably next year as well)We have a UK cruise in September and a Med cruise with them in October so as long as countries let us in we will be able to do our own thing 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Wowzz, can't dine with other people.  Can't go ashore except on an excursion.  Not our idea of a cruise. 

As Ann just said, with our Princess cruise we can go ashore independently. 

And in our experience, eating at a table for two, your are still close enough to people on either side of you to strike up a conversation.

So, we are raring to go. Five cruises booked for the next 18 months - if you wait until everything is back to normal, you will never cruise again!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

No it includes all Princess cruises up to and including when Princess sails to the US at the beginning of November(presumably next year as well)We have a UK cruise in September and a Med cruise with them in October so as long as countries let us in we will be able to do our own thing 🙂 

Does that include the seacations ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tring said:

 

I remember those ships going suddenly.  Did all their schedules go with them, or were some of the less common, more expensive itineraries, get replaced on other ships?  I do not think it was likely, but not entirely sure as we were not doing much P&O at the time.

The schedules were just binned no sweetener for people booked on them looking at replacement cruise same with Oceana

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Free Charter Air & Hotels on Antarctica Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...