Coming back to Quest - any questions you want answering (plus some things we have learned about travelling nowadays)

uktog

2 hours ago, malcliz said:

Morning Ann. Can I ask how you got on with the TrustOne testing app? I’ve managed to register via the website so we have a QR code but can’t login to the app at all. 

Nor can we!  I’ve printed out the codes for tomorrow. I feel better now you’ve posted that question I thought it was me!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, uktog said:

Nor can we!  I’ve printed out the codes for tomorrow. I feel better now you’ve posted that question I thought it was me!

Yes hopefully it will reassure others that it doesn’t work and it’s not just them. 

Edited by malcliz
  • Like 1

I think the big message for everyone today is be patient and go with the flow. Luggage labels don’t matter and online check in opens when it does. I’d stay away from back door workarounds to check in, it may not work at the front door. 

OK so we then got an issue yesterday the colour function on the pc packed in and the basic fix failed. So I am travelling with black and white cruise tags. I’m sure it’s no issue but I will let you know. 

As you can see the app Azamara asks you to use re testing has a problem. I’m sure we will still get tested on time. 

Oh and we’ve picked up a flight delay on leg 1. No idea why or for how long. But I’d built in contingency so we are fine. Check in at the airport was quick breeze no need to show any certifications or PLFs (they just checked we had them on a phone or printed out) on the basis we’d had them prechecked. 

Im sure today may well throw another curved ball but the advice is forget worrying about when will you get to checkin online for the cruise or get your labels and go with the flow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from beautiful sunny Athens!!

That feeling of showing someone your passport to board a plane and getting a stamp in your passport after landing feels so so good. (For us Brits, first time for many years the Greeks have needed to stamp our passports!)

Flights and transit at Heathrow all sent very safe. BA crew seemed much more engaged on both flights and genuinely happy to be looking after passengers. The planes were both quite busy (Athens flight less so)

The rule was mask wearing unless you are eating or drinking and the crew did remind guests if they forgot. Everyone was happy complying no problems there. 

Arrival at Greece very straightforward. You line up, again people were generally distancing here as well, they check your locator form. You can have it on your phone or printed out, one per flight booking reference.

My advice is take a print out with you. Although those who had it on their phones seemed to get on ok there were a few folks panicked trying to connect phones etc. They don’t really look at the paper copy, it’s not about where you’ve come from all they want to see is V for vaccinated which appears in bold on the top right of the form. 

After this check it’s passport control and get your luggage

For us, unbelievably we were 38 minutes from landing to putting our heads on the very comfy pillows at the Sofitel. 

Todays adventure now begins, we will be totally happy holiday mode once that dratted but necessary test is passed at the terminal. 😅

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Interesting that they are looking at Passenger Locator forms in Athens. My daughter & family (2 vaccinated adults & 2 unvaccinated 15year olds) flew to Corfu in July and no-one looked at any of their paperwork in Corfu airport!

We came back from Corfu just under a week ago flying BA from Heathrow.  Everyone was checked on our flight, huge queues!

1 hour ago, Werangels said:

We came back from Corfu just under a week ago flying BA from Heathrow.  Everyone was checked on our flight, huge queues!

They had queues in Manchester going out, but walked straight through Corfu airport & had their luggage in half an hour after the plane landed there.

• Like 1

We are safely onboard. I will post more tomorrow when I get set up on the iPad but all is VERY well 

Anyone worried about the change in owners having an adverse effect forget it! Quite the opposite, we hear the officers are feeling very liberated implementing things they’ve always wanted to. The new embarkation process is an example with the safety briefing as soon as you board then take you to your room is an example it’s really slick and friendly. 
More tomorrow but my next post has to disappoint someone…….

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 2:38 PM, norn iron said:

Ann, safe travels and looking forward to your updates.

Maybe some news on tonic water 🙈 😉 (if ever there was a bag of worms!)

I have very very bad news for you David. I will be asking Ryzard what on earth this is……

2D977E69-0E57-4B4E-8564-7C07E4E34E2C.jpeg

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I’m hoping that by the time we embark in March, they’ve used all their Royal Club and we get some decent tonic, Fever Tree would be great but Schweppes would be more than acceptable. So uktog, enjoy and have many, many ,many gin and tonics and use up all the Royal Club tonics and hopefully they’ll see that there are so many more superior tonics out there and do deals they couldn’t do before!

Seriously,  have a fabulous cruise, chill and enjoy! Looking forward to reading your experiences.

Ann, My introduction to Ryzard was when he walked down the steep ladder from the Azamara Journey in Edinburgh,.  He was carrying a tray of hot coffee for us waiting in the small "terminal" and helped an elderly man with his carry-on bag up the same ladder.

Later in Gdansk, the ship was met by a marching band and red carpet.  I was told that was a special rare occasion Ryzard arranged.  Then he orchestrated a family style dinner made and served by the towns women to a group of us in the Patio followed with a special presentation by Lech Walesa. That was quite an extra special, memorable port that will always be etched in my mind.  He is truly one of a kind!

Knowing that Ryzard is still on board, I already knew it was the sign of a fantastic cruise to follow.  Looking forward to hearing all the details.  TYVM for doing this report thread!

I just hope he's on our Greece Onward cruise in 2023.

Sea day 2476.JPG

Gdansk Docking 2443.JPG

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, uktog said:

We are safely onboard. I will post more tomorrow when I get set up on the iPad but all is VERY well 

Anyone worried about the change in owners having an adverse effect forget it! Quite the opposite, we hear the officers are feeling very liberated implementing things they’ve always wanted to. The new embarkation process is an example with the safety briefing as soon as you board then take you to your room is an example it’s really slick and friendly. 
More tomorrow but my next post has to disappoint someone…….

I love that the officers are feeling liberated about implementing things they have always wanted to…..like the new safety briefing!  Let us know, as you can, what else they have implemented!!  So happy you are onboard!  BON Voyage and thanks for your time!,

• Like 3