San JUAN

CFD130

I agree with Biker. I just got an email to say sorry they had to cancel my "Key" for my November 7th out of SJ on Explorer. At end of email they said "Looking forward to having you aboard," so I know we are going.

• Like 1

I have no idea. But I've always guessed San Juan was going to take a while to start back up and I wasn't convinced on Royal's time table. But I'm biased because I was on the last cruise out of San Juan and they wouldn't let us back to the pier even though no one was sick. They also still have strict restrictions. Places have to close at midnight. You need a vaccine card to check into a hotel or eat etc. 

But no one will know until Royal officially says anything.

Edited by smplybcause

56 minutes ago, CFD130 said:

Today all of the Nov/Dec cruises are gone on the reservation page-Any thoughts? we are booked for Nov and haven't heard anything about canceling from RCI

See them on mine. Missing pages happen at times on Royal Site, usually Weekends but can at anytime. Usually reappear in minutes to hrs

My Oasis cruise in Dec also lost San Juan as a port of call:

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we've implemented new boarding protocols, so we'll need some extra time for check-in and we'll now depart from Miami, Florida at 6:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM. Separately, pier construction in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic has been delayed which means, we'll no longer be able to visit this port and as a result, we unfortunately won't make our visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico either. However, we'll visit our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay and Philipsburg, St. Maarten instead! Additionally, to maintain your safety and wellbeing, our visit to Labadee has been replaced with a sea day due to the current political and security situation in Haiti. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise with us, and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. The good news is, we've added extra time to our visit in Perfect Day at CocoCay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten - giving you more time to enjoy these beautiful destinations. We're excited to take you to new ports and know you'll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised itinerary.

18 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

My Oasis cruise in Dec also lost San Juan as a port of call:

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we've implemented new boarding protocols, so we'll need some extra time for check-in and we'll now depart from Miami, Florida at 6:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM. Separately, pier construction in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic has been delayed which means, we'll no longer be able to visit this port and as a result, we unfortunately won't make our visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico either. However, we'll visit our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay and Philipsburg, St. Maarten instead! Additionally, to maintain your safety and wellbeing, our visit to Labadee has been replaced with a sea day due to the current political and security situation in Haiti. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise with us, and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. The good news is, we've added extra time to our visit in Perfect Day at CocoCay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten - giving you more time to enjoy these beautiful destinations. We're excited to take you to new ports and know you'll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Was this for the Dec. 19 Oasis?  If so, can you post the new itinerary?  TIA

Just booked my cruise last week on oasis for Dec 19. Its all different now. I'm trying to be positive but we had cruises cancelled and changed.  We don't cruise often, so this is big for us. They filled our cruise with places I've been and want to return to. Guess we'll be staying on the boat.

2 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Was this for the Dec. 19 Oasis?  If so, can you post the new itinerary?  TIA

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 PM

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

11:30 AM

8:00 PM

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

8:00 AM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

2 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

11:30 AM

8:00 PM

Thu

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

8:00 AM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

Not happy. Just booked last week.

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like San Juan might not be a go until 2022...........Probably just waiting to get a few more final payments in before canceling until 2022.

I don’t agree though anything can happen. Royal committed to Explorer being the first ship out of SJ for November 7th. I don’t think they would announce that to just turn around and cancel. Now to why the other sailings are canceling SJ as a port of call is perplexing. I’m still confident San Juan will be open this November.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t agree though anything can happen. Royal committed to Explorer being the first ship out of SJ for November 7th. I don’t think they would announce that to just turn around and cancel. Now to why the other sailings are canceling SJ as a port of call is perplexing. I’m still confident San Juan will be open this November.

Carnival was suppose to start sailing from there this month(September)? I don't think they started, have they confirmed a new start date? don't see Royal being the first to start there sailing from there. Royal hardly ever does anything first.

Edit:

Looks like Carnival Mardi Gras  has at least stopped there in San Juan, but no cruises have left from  there yet?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Carnival was suppose to start sailing from there this month(September)? I don't think they started, have they confirmed a new start date? don't see Royal being the first to start there sailing from there. Royal hardly ever does anything first.

But the other cruise lines are great at showing us what RCI is about to do.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

but no cruises have left from  there yet?

I read something somewhere that there was a beef with the cruise lines and the port authority in regards to port fees which is the money cruise lines pay to dock there. I don’t know if this could have something to do with the port cancellations, but I have to wonder what’s going on?

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I read something somewhere that there was a beef with the cruise lines and the port authority in regards to port fees which is the money cruise lines pay to dock there. I don’t know if this could have something to do with the port cancellations, but I have to wonder what’s going on?

I would think if they aren't porting there, there is no way they would sail from there if they are working under the same conditions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Edit:

Looks like Carnival Mardi Gras  has at least stopped there in San Juan, but no cruises have left from  there yet?

Our recent sailing on Symphony stopped in San Juan for practically a full day on August 26th. We were originally supposed to go to St Kitts but due to St Kitts changing their Covid requirements it was switched to San Juan. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Edit:

Carnival never had any plans to sail from san Juan. Royal had vision scheduled to sail from san Juan Sept and Oct but was cancelled at the same time the start up dates for explorer were announced. 

We were booked on the Explorer for 12/5/21.  It was our fourth try at sailing out of San Juan.  We are retired and live in Florida, plus we hate flying, so a cruise out of San Juan is a big deal for us.  We were so tired of wondering and worrying about the ship actually sailing and which ports we could even go to, so the two-day testing requirement (to happen after cancellation dates for two hotels, flights, and parking) just finished it off for us.  We don’t want the trouble and expense for what could be a diluted experience, so last week we changed to the Allure instead.  We will get there someday, but this just isn’t the right time for us.  I feel so much better after making that decision, just so tired of uncertainties.