What’s an item you’ve requested in the MDR.

HicksRA

We all know that you can be accommodated for lots of requests in the Main Dining Room. It might be interesting to hear some of the things you’ve requested and been provided and give others some ideas of what they can request. 
On my last cruise, the waiter asked what kind of rolls I liked and I told him I like the cranberry rolls. (The soft bread rolls with bits of cranberry). Each night thereafter, he brought a basket of rolls and when I cut them open to butter them, they were crammed full of cranberries.  😃 

It was like eating bread and jelly….. 😉

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My wife once said she loves curry dishes.  From that night on, whatever she ordered they would also bring out some kind of curry.

This happened to me too or our Hawaii cruise. Our table's wait staff was quite amused at "The 'white guy' who was eating the curries."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shellunderwater said:

One cruise, the Assistant Waiter suggested special apps.... Indian dishes in a ramekin each night.  Was awesome.

My then 12yr old Daughter was brought different Indian Dish each nite, was hooked. One nite she was brought and tried Escargot, another Caviar, those were a no-go...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why didn’t you just go and pay for Chops?

Four Years straight, B4B Cruises on same Ship with same Head Waiter each time. Was his doing... Best thing staying in same Cabin on 4-6 Weeks Room Attendants and Wait Staff get know your routine. Though one got too friendly and wanted hangout with me, Nope! She even called my Room!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I've gotten savory bites on multiple cruises. No idea why they got rid of them, I see them on people's tables all the time.

Last cruise I also asked what night orange sherbet night was and the waiter just said "Thursday." On Thursday he apologized and said that it was "Friday," because the kitchen had too many desert requests. It was only thing I found that they no longer have an orange sherbet night and they were making it just for me.

I really like orange sherbet but only ever get it on cruises because I never want to "waste" my ice cream night on it.

mine is kinda boring... 
I normally ask for a side plate of veggies... 

1st time that I asked for the side plate, they brought me a mix of the veggies of the night and did so for the rest of the cruise

The next cruise, they asked what I don't like and then mixed it up the rest of the cruise

Another time they asked what veggies I do like... I said it is a smaller list to tell you what I don't like!! 

But on my next cruise, I am asking for the chilled soups!! so yummy (and the veggies )