Live from Allure - Oct 3, 2021 - Cruising with Covid 🤔

Interested in your thoughts on Coastal Kitchen.  We weren't too impressed last week.  The host Geovanny seemed pretty unorganized.  You've got more CK experience with which to compare.

If you haven't seen them before (are there any regular Royal performers that you haven't seen?), we loved the comedian Phil Palisoul and Kevin Johnson the ventriloquist.

Have a great cruise!  Hopefully, all of the shows are back for you next week.  Good Mama Mia cast.  The woman who plays Donna has a great voice.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

John,

How many days ahead did you have to schedule your test at Walgreens? Was it the Rapid (red dot), the PCR (black dot) or the Binax (blue dot, choice #3) ?

Pretty sure it was red dot. Scheduled it around 6am on Wednesday. Tons of available appointments 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We are on this same cruise in two weeks!!  Looking forward to your review!!

We have heard of Holland House but have never been.  Can you tell us a bit about it?  Thanks!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Never been. @A&L_Ontrecommends it.

Typical flat fee for 2 chairs, umbrella, and bucket of beer

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Interested in your thoughts on Coastal Kitchen.  We weren't too impressed last week.  The host Geovanny seemed pretty unorganized.  You've got more CK experience with which to compare.

If you haven't seen them before (are there any regular Royal performers that you haven't seen?), we loved the comedian Phil Palisoul and Kevin Johnson the ventriloquist.

Have a great cruise!  Hopefully, all of the shows are back for you next week.  Good Mama Mia cast.  The woman who plays Donna has a great voice.

Not sure how often we can visit, but I'll try

2 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

We were on the 9/22/21 sailing, deck 7…… I completely understand I was always in the wrong bank of elevators.  However, it was a great cruise, enjoy!

We did two weeks on Symphony in 2019 on deck 7. We were forward, so didn't mess up all that much

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure how often we can visit, but I'll try

Pins weren't allowed in the SL but I'm pretty sure they could still schedule dinner in CK.  Don't quote me on that.  The SL was never full but CK always was.  Saw several people with pins coming out of the elevator on 17 headed for CK throughout the week, although I guess they could have been in a suite elsewhere on the ship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I forgot to say why I despise deck 7.

For those not in the 'know', there is no way to go from port to starboard at the aft elevator bank.

The Boardwalk sign is in that location. So if you are on the wrong side of the ship, you have to walk the stairs up or down, cross over, and go back up or down. It's a Royal PIA

I'll try and document how many times I screw up.  Good thing is I can go down to BW via the Rock Wall steps when I need to. Plus it's convenient to the Aqua Theater balcony, so that's a plus😁

We stayed in a promenade room on deck 7 so I know exactly what you mean.  I think I figured it out at about day 6....which side to go on to get where I wanted.  

That's such a disappointment about the entertainment staff.  For us, Royal's shows are one of the best things as we really look forward to dinner and a show each night.  Hope you'll still get to be able to see entertainment, and that Mamma Mia returns for you (on of my personal favorites as I've seen it 20+ times - I probably love it as you love Cats...lol)

Have a wonderful cruise regardless...great to be back.  I always love following along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just saw a post on our roll call. A suite guest got an email from concierge about entertainment. Everything is scheduled, just later in the week.👍

I hope this works out

I saw a post about the shows being cancelled on FB and contacted Marc Walker (CD) he said they expected to have everything back by the end of next week

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm on her the 31st, got my witches costume and half my luggage packed. I like to stay in an aft cabin, middle of the ship has too many people 😉. Had a choice between deck 9 or 12, didn't want a hot tub on my balcony so 9 it was.

• Like 1

I have my fingers crossed the shows will be back on. I wonder how long they’re supposed to quarantine. 
The main reason I cruise on Royal is for those three shows. 
Surely  by August they’ll be past exposure problems. I hope!

I just saw the news that Broadway shows are having the same problem. 
Aladdin had to shut down already because of COVID exposure. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

Looking forward to following your trip John. Hope all is better with the entertainment. I saw a video that Marc Walker posted tonight of the aqua show, so that’s happening.  Traded emails with our genie today and everything sounds like it’s improving quickly. Hope you get to see Mama Mia!  Don’t tear that ship up before I get there on the 17th!

Edited by Jragland
  • Thanks 1

We were on Allure Sept 12 cruise, so I’m still experiencing cruise withdrawal!  Looking forward to following you and Laura. Hopefully, it will help ease my cruise withdrawal symptoms, but I’m afraid it might make them worse instead. 😱

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and all the crew members we encountered on board. I hope they have the virus spread under control and that everyone is back in good health.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ddowns2050 said:

How many people are on this cruise? We were on the Odyssey a couple of weeks ago and there was 1008 people. We are on the allure on the 10th. Just curious how the occupancy is running on this ship. 

We did B2B on the Allure (9/12 & 9/19) and the passenger count as shared by the cruise director was 2,200 for the 9/12 sailing and 2,400 for 9/19.  

• Thanks 1

John - Question about the app - which I haven't downloaded yet for November cruises on Anthem.  Will my husband have to have the app on his phone too or can I do everything needed on my phone?  Paper set sails no longer used?  Right now seems a bit complicated.  Katherine

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

John - Question about the app - which I haven't downloaded yet for November cruises on Anthem.  Will my husband have to have the app on his phone too or can I do everything needed on my phone?  Paper set sails no longer used?  Right now seems a bit complicated.  Katherine

One phone should work.  I checked in both myself and DW on my phone, including the health questions, and had both set sail passes on my phone for both.  Same for the emuster.  I'm sure that you can still use paper to check in if desired but not sure how you would do the emuster without the app.  The app was helpful for planning more than a day in advance but took a little bit to figure out where in the app to find which info.  You'll still get a cruise compass every night like usual so the app isn't really needed after you're done with muster.

• Thanks 1