Live from Allure - Oct 3, 2021 - Cruising with Covid 🤔

Still in food coma.

Light lunch of rice and a couple pieces of sweet and sour chicken. Not picture worthy.

One chicken wing in lounge.

Did save room for a giant bowl of poblano soup. Visually a little lacking, but very tasty

20211006_183721.thumb.jpg.b6f960bb88bbd121d32662214d5e683b.jpg

Dover Sole was my entree. Nice and light

20211006_183706.thumb.jpg.eff938337f1c0a2136bf917115d8f757.jpg

Half an apple blossom for dessert. 

The only drink is still the Cape Codder from lounge. May pass on Beatles Name That Tune if I don't get to feeling better. I think we are just out of practice on cruising life. Had really cut back on eating during Covid. Need to step into things a little slower.😉

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

Speaking of Lego, apparently MSC has an official branded LEGO set available in their gift shops on some ships. Shame Royal can't get one as well.

I did not know that, but a quick search turns up lots of links. Here's the pic from brickset.com. I like the idea. I agree, Royal should do this. I'd definitely buy one if they did. 

40318-1.jpg?201906090838

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still in food coma.

Light lunch of rice and a couple pieces of sweet and sour chicken. Not picture worthy.

One chicken wing in lounge.

Did save room for a giant bowl of poblano soup. Visually a little lacking, but very tasty

20211006_183721.thumb.jpg.b6f960bb88bbd121d32662214d5e683b.jpg

Dover Sole was my entree. Nice and light

20211006_183706.thumb.jpg.eff938337f1c0a2136bf917115d8f757.jpg

Half an apple blossom for dessert. 

The only drink is still the Cape Codder from lounge. May pass on Beatles Name That Tune if I don't get to feeling better. I think we are just out of practice on cruising life. Had really cut back on eating during Covid. Need to step into things a little slower.😉

I've been successfully dieting both for general health and in preparation for our cruise indulgences. (Lost 30 pounds so far...) But, this is a good cautionary message: if we go from being "nutritionally frugal" to bacchanal levels of eating and drinking we may feel the same thing. I hope it is indeed just a case of excess that you can sleep off!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I did not know that, but a quick search turns up lots of links. Here's the pic from brickset.com. I like the idea. I agree, Royal should do this. I'd definitely buy one if they did. 

MSC has some sort of licensing arrangement with Lego.  Their kids club on some ships is Lego themed with Lego benches and Lego statues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

40318-1.jpg?201906090838

Actually not impressed, but not much you can do with 181 pieces. 

This Chinese knockoff of Quantum is much nicer

Screenshot_20211006-211650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ace2f7224e54880b3feeb9ac59acd1d9.jpg

The rendering kinda reminds me of the Symphony crystal block

Screenshot_20211006-211629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a28657c26461fc252606a14739733779.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

OMG, the house band just started playing in Aqua Theater. I might as well be in front row, or at least on a balcony. Really louder than our Aqua Suite was

Close the balcony door 😇🙂 

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2021 at 6:18 PM, John&LaLa said:

Good thing is I can go down to BW via the Rock Wall steps when I need to. Plus it's convenient to the Aqua Theater balcony, so that's a plus

Are the rock wall steps on port AND starboard?? I can't remember.  I think I'm confusing it with 270 which only has the access on one side from the hotel deck above, port I think.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Nah, this is a cruise ship LEGO. 

It is official, the world’s largest cruise ship replica made with LEGO blocks is Hong Kong's Dream Cruises vessel “World Dream”.  The world’s largest cruise ship replica was constructed in two months using more than 2.5 million LEGO blocks, with the help of LEGO certified professional, Andy Hung and some 1,000 volunteers. The dimensions are quite impressive, It weighs over 2,800 kilograms (6,173 pounds) and measures 8.44 meters (27.7 feet) long, 1.33 meters (4.36 feet) wide and 1.53 meters (five feet) tall and has more than a thousand small Lego dolls as passengers.

I believe the AIDAPrima will have a LEGO store onboard. 

mac_tlc

FEF48AEB-CCDA-40B4-A7B5-93256F87C7C8.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

John -- enjoying your thread on your Allure Cruise.  

Question -- you mentioned earlier that there are more 4 tops in Coastal Kitchen -- does that increase the capacity?  I think there were more two tops on our August 22 cruise.  

Hope you and Laura keep having fun.  

• Like 1

10 in line for the FlowRider?  Oh the Horror

That was here from before trying to post to this thread.  Apparently, Ipads and CC don’t mix

Loving the long hours showing on the cruise compass for the FlowRider.

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Are the rock wall steps on port AND starboard?? I can't remember.  I think I'm confusing it with 270 which only has the access on one side from the hotel deck above, port I think.

Both sides

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

John -- enjoying your thread on your Allure Cruise.  

Question -- you mentioned earlier that there are more 4 tops in Coastal Kitchen -- does that increase the capacity?  I think there were more two tops on our August 22 cruise.  

Hope you and Laura keep having fun.  

Basically they just pushed all the two tops together.  Not sure if they will seperate them.

On Allure they expanded CK into the area where Chefs Table is on Oasis. Kinda what they do on Harmony and Symphony as well

I can try and ask CK managervwhst capacity is now

BTW, band played above the stage, so folks could dance.

20211006_215904.thumb.jpg.34706741ca7b53fdbf08ed42ea3c30d5.jpg

Small crowd.

20211006_215924.thumb.jpg.e52bfc981d5047b85d1a6134d2042187.jpg

Actually the sound was worse on the BW. Poorly engineered if you ask me.  Bad acoustics. Told the CD. He agreed. I said it might sound better if it wasn't so loud😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

Speaking of Lego, apparently MSC has an official branded LEGO set available in their gift shops on some ships. Shame Royal can't get one as well.

I think they have a deal with them. I was just on Divina a few weeks ago and their kid area is below the club. When I was walking up the stairs to the club there was a big lego banner welcoming the kiddos into their area. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

Thanks for continuing to post, John.  I am following you and Radio's threads closely -- more so since today I booked Oasis leaving in 10 days.  Was not supposed to sail until November on Anthem but I couldn't resist.  First time on Oasis class so I am gathering all the info I can from these live reviews.  Booked a balcony on deck six at what I think is an amazing solo price.  I think I will spend much of the time just trying not to get lost!  Any tips for an Oasis class newbie?  Katherine

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

I think I will spend much of the time just trying not to get lost!  Any tips for an Oasis class newbie?  Katherine

No need to worry about getting lost. The ship is big but very well laid out. If you are used to V/F class then Oasis may not feel familiar when you first board but it takes little time to become oriented. The ship is fun to explore.

My biggest tip is to do a little pre plannng before the cruise especially with the entertainment. It can be a bit difficult to get in all the shows that you want to see if you don't have a plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks for continuing to post, John.  I am following you and Radio's threads closely -- more so since today I booked Oasis leaving in 10 days.  Was not supposed to sail until November on Anthem but I couldn't resist.  First time on Oasis class so I am gathering all the info I can from these live reviews.  Booked a balcony on deck six at what I think is an amazing solo price.  I think I will spend much of the time just trying not to get lost!  Any tips for an Oasis class newbie?  Katherine

Please post the link to Radio's thread, as I use to follow his cruises.  Thanks, it is great getting back into cruising.  We are doing S. Caribbean in Jan. on Anthem this holds you over till cruising, lol.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

OMG, the house band just started playing in Aqua Theater. I might as well be in front row, or at least on a balcony. Really louder than our Aqua Suite was

Good thing Temperature is awesome!  🤣  We loved their Aqua-Theatre show!

Edited by pstone1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sharonlacey said:

Please post the link to Radio's thread, as I use to follow his cruises.  Thanks, it is great getting back into cruising.  We are doing S. Caribbean in Jan. on Anthem this holds you over till cruising, lol.

It's usually on the first page of the Royal Caribbean boards