The Daily for Tuesday October 05, 2021

richwmn

Today is Do Something Nice Day, World Teacher's Day, and National Storytelling Day

"Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone? - James Thurber"

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken Fricassee

Drink of the Day - Aperol Sunrise

Wine of the day - Lapostolle Chardonnay Cuvee Alexandre - Chile - White

Destination of the Day - Kagoshima Japan

Ships with Passengers

Avalon California
Nieuw Amsterdam 08:00 - 17:00

Koper, Slovenia
Eurodam 07:00 - 17:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea North Sea
Rotterdam Destination Ijmuiden NL eta 10/6

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Westerdam Anchorage
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Port Everglades
Nieuw Statendam

Puerto Vallarta MX
Noordam

Rotterdam NL
Oosterdam

San Diego
Koningsdam

1005NAmerica.thumb.png.ad951b3a009e07a6622df63b75190244.png

1005Europe.thumb.png.4717ef02ee04fea3911db4b3f655bc9b.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

A wonderful collection of days.  I try and do something nice everyday, but thanks for the reminder.  A big salute and thank you to all the teachers and story tellers out there.

Amusing quote.

The dinner sounds great, looking forward to seeing the recipe. 

The drink of the day and wine sound good too.

Another port I have not been to, thanks in advance to all those who will post pictures and comments.

It's another mild fall day here.  I think we will go apple picking.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.  Stay safe.

• Like 27

Nieuw Statendam is meeting the pilot right now.  I'll post more later but here are the lists:

Today’s care list:

Kakalina
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend recovering from liver transplant
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
Allen recovering from MOHS surgery

From the rotation:
Me awaiting PET test results
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Cruising-along on Eurodam
Welcome home Jajmd
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Sea Viewer at sea
2 days for Vict0riann, VMaxx1700, sailingdutchy and NextOne(and negative)
5 days for Sharon, lazey1 and Koningsdam
Mr Boston on Cape Cod
Booster for HAL Sailer
Ger-77 celebration of friend’s 75th birthday
Great family gathering for Sam
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades
Vict0rian reporting from Frabkfort
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Appreciate today's Daily Report!

We should all strive to do something nice every day.  Teachers deserve all the special days they can get for the work they do.  People who are good storytellers are those I love to spend time with.

Not sure what is in today's meal suggestion (other than the chicken!) but the wine sounds like a perfect accompaniment.

Another busy, busy work day for me today - some senior execs from the parent Company will be in town today along with a full slate of meetings.  I have a few days of vacation coming up towards the end of the month, and at the rate things are going they cannot get here fast enough.

Good thoughts to all for a wonderful day!

• Like 28

Good morning, everyone.

It is supposed to be a nice day today, so perfect for doing something nice day.  Think of what this world could be like if we did something nice everyday.  Pick one small thing and do it each day.  It doesn't have to be anything big.  But if we all do it, it adds up.   World Teachers Day is my day.   I spent 11  years at the middle school level teaching earth science and then 19 years at the high school level teaching math.  I then subbed for 7 years after retirement.  

Today is play day for me.  After the pool I am going to lunch with a friend. We always spend several hours at lunch.   I call this Tom Day.   

Chicken Fricasee looks like a Sunday dinner meal or something for when company comes over, but it has roots in rustic French cooking.   And, it is pretty easy to do.  

Natasha gives step by step directions as well as history and ways you can adjust the recipe to your own liking.

https://natashaskitchen.com/chicken-fricassee/

Chicken-Fricassee-3-Edit-2.thumb.jpg.3e9ffb6c88c01e712dbdc83b0e5a7b86.jpg

This one gives directions if you want to use boneless, skinless chicken:   https://carlsbadcravings.com/chicken-fricassee/

Chicken-Fricasee-main.thumb.jpg.b87f00848371616f49edd99c0314d009.jpg

Here's a quick version.  I like to take several recipes for the same dish and combine the ideas to get my own, so having multiple is a good idea.

https://www.recipetineats.com/chicken-fricassee-quick-french-chicken-stew/

Chicken-Fricasse_03.thumb.jpg.0ce87d2ef665af7188d56b8b64f8c965.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I try to do something nice every day. Hats off to our teachers for all of the work they do and the hours they put in. I love a good storyteller.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to the recipe.

Another rainy start hear today. Hoping the sun comes out, like yesterday, if only for a few hours.

Remember to take care of yourself and each other.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 26

Good Morning. Thanks for the dly and the lists.

Doing something nice is rather non-specific. I like to kick it up a notch and say "Do something to make a difference in someone's life today".

Teachers are one of the most under-appriciated professions. They deserve our respect and our support.

Storytellers were once a prime source of history. Not many of them left. We honor the cultures that still value them.

I love the meal suggestion and got a good smile from the quote.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 27

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Have a great Tuesday.

A foggy morning here in the Valley and glad I don't have to drive over the mountain today! When I was teaching, my students always enjoyed my "Life" stories. I always tried to weave  a bit of morality in to each won.  Many hats have covered my head in life.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 25

Good afternoon.

It has been raining continuously for 12 hours now and is forecast to continue all day so a restful day at home is what we will do.

Thank you Rich for today's daily and Roy for the care, celebrations and shout out lists.

We should try to do nice things all the time so a worthy day.

Teachers do an amazing job so deserve a recognition day.

Some people have an ability to tell some good storytelling stories.

I will give the food and drink a miss and today's port is new to us so photos will be nice.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who need them 

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Tuesday smile 🙂 

What a great combination of days!  A huge salute to our teachers every day for all they do.  Love @jimgev’s idea of kicking the do something nice day up a notch and story tellers.

LOL on the quote by Thurber 🙂  The meal recommendation is great.  Sadly we just had chicken last night so I’ll save it for another night but I can’t wait to hear about the wine 😉 

@mamaofamithank you for sharing your tip on CC.  I tried it this morning and so far so good on CC on my Ipad 👍 

Garden clean up has started.  Two compost bins filled(my neighbour lends me hers as she doesn’t compost) along with bags and there’s a long ways to go.  Hopefully I can get somewhere today.  Guess that means little housework today 😉 

56AF3E46-D172-41ED-AEC3-FAB410A63DFB.jpeg.7573608fca917ce15a888ac50574c8b7.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!!!

A6201070-9677-4C42-B93D-587C34CA2051.jpeg.b3d4f3515087247ee2fcbe8e3a17feeb.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great collection of days! Here’s to the teachers of the world!

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyite family!
I think we are going to get some rain this morning.  Another gym class today. Yesterday I made it down onto and up from an exercise mat without incident 🙃. Will be doing some more of that today. I really missed these classes. Other than a couple of machines on the circuit, I am really not a machine girl.

And today is dishwasher delivery & installation day! I ended up buying the 100 series Bosch, since that is the only one they could deliver within a reasonable time. Two of the series, they did not even know when they would come off back order! 

Pass on the meal. Not a fricassee girl, though your pictures make me think I should try it again, Debbie!

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Lapostolle Chardonnay Cuvee Alexandre

The 2016 vintage of this Chardonnay has excellent ratings and is the most recently released. With online prices starting at $16.90, you might want to give this a try. 
Winemaker Notes

Bright yellow with golden edge. Incredible expression. Florals and sweet spices as honey, apricot, vanilla and delicate notes of fresh fruit such as papaya and quince. The palate is intense and elegant, with high volume in the mouth, fresh acidity and vibrant finish.
JS93 James Suckling:  A juicy and rich chardonnay with sliced apple and pear character. Hints of cream and toasted oak. Full body, round texture, and delicious fruit. A layered white with freshness and complexity. 
TA90 Tim Atkin: Picked late for the Casablanca Valley, despite using fruit from the cooler end of the valley, this is a rich, deeply coloured Chardonnay with 20% new wood, creamy, leesy, honeyed flavours and some supporting acidity. 2019-21. Alcohol: 14.5%

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  I think Teachers and Storytellers have a lot in common and set a great example for doing something nice every day.  Thurber had a great sense of humor.  I visited Kagoshima on the Amsterdam Grand Asia cruise in 2017.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Supreme of Fruit Galliano, Boston Lager Flatiron Steak, and Rhubarb Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 5, 2017:

dishes05.jpg

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Quick post of the drink of the day.  Off to my annual Mammo appt.

Aperol Sunrise:

The Ingredients
45 ml Tequila, 90 ml Orange Juice, 15 ml Aperol Orange Liqueur, Orange Slice
How To make a Aperol Sunrise
Pour the tequila and orange juice into the glass over ice. Add the Aperol orange liqueur, which will sink to the bottom. Do not stir. Garnish with orange slice and serve.
Social and Cocktail says:
This increasingly popular drink is a great introduction to Aperol orange liqueur, with its fantastic orange, rhubarb and spice flavours.
Did You Know?
Aperol was born in 1919 at the International Fair at Padova.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.03.50 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends and thank-you for the daily report Rich.  Looks to be another gray rainy day here on the Cape so I hope to take a chunk out of the murder mystery that I’m reading by Caroline Graham. For my first nice act I’m letting hubs sleep in hopefully more will follow. Cheers for all you teachers out there, I wasn’t blessed with patience and really appreciate the important work that you do each day.  I love a good storyteller and miss Garrison Keillor every Saturday evening.  Funny quote by Thurber.  The chicken sounds delicious will have to try it when I get home.  This evening we’ve been invited to dinner at the home of friends who live down here, I think tuna may be on the menu.  Haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating celebrating a happy event today. 

• Like 26

Good morning everyone!  We heard the thunder long before time to get up today.  Pouring rain so no walk to the gym.  Like Julia I hope we see the sun for a few minutes today at least.  When I looked at the Fort Lauderdale webcam to see Nieuw Statendam I was shocked to see sunshine because it was so dark here.  I sort of forgot the sun was up!

A very nice group of special days to celebrate this morn.  Who wouldn't want to do something nice each day?  My sweet son-in-law told me once I was the nicest person he'd ever met.  I was so honored!  Storytellers have a special gift.  And I've already sent my two children a salute today because they both teach.  I told them how proud we are of them and how wonderful their profession helps so many.

Today's quote is funny, the menu suggestion interesting and no doubt tasty and hearty.  I appreciate Rich's Daily post and Roy's listing of those who deserve our prayers and also our accolades.  I have only been to a few Japanese ports and Kagoshima is not one of them so would appreciate any photos posted today.  A Grand Asia cruise is on my bucket list.  I hope Roy will be able to post a few photos for us all.  Have a wonderful day! 

• Like 22

Good morning from central Texas.  Since I got all the yard work done yesterday, I guess that means I'll be cleaning house today. 😒

I will salute the good and great teachers today.  Unfortunately, there are some teachers who should find a different job, and bad teachers can do more harm than good.  Hopefully, I will do something nice today and everyday.  Good story tellers are a treasure, but sadly storytelling is becoming a lost art.

Love the James Thurber quote.

The drink and the meal sound good, I'll give it a try.  I have a simple chicken casserole that uses cream of mushroom soup mixed with milk and poured over browned chicken pieces.  It's then baked at low heat for 3 hours.  Served with rice, it makes a nice comfort meal.  I'll pass on the wine.

We have not been to today's port.  @tjcox9 Thank you for the pictures.

@dfisch Debbie, enjoy your lunch with your friend.

@cat shepard Ann, enjoy your gym class.  Glad the new dishwasher will be installed today.

I better get moving and get the house cleaning done. 

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. Nice collection of days. We are doing something extra nice today because we are transferring our time share ownership to our daughter for the nominal fee of $0 . It’s a Tanglewood week in the Berkshires that we have owned since 1982 but feel we won’t use anymore. She’s done so much to help us so it seemed like she should be the one to get it.

Teachers are our hero’s. They teach each generation and we can’t do without them, I taught learning disability children for ten years in the inner city of NY and I got quite an education. I left after being injured 3 times and opened a private practice which I maintained from 1982 until I retired in 2009.

As for story telling, I studied hypnosis with The New York Milton Ericson  Society and many times hypnosis was story telling and ego building.

Stay well everyone,

Carol

• Like 29

I leave for my morning errands soon so just a quick post on Kagoshima.  My tour visited Sakurajima , a volcanic Island that had been connected to main island by a lava bridge:

We toured a lava park with a network of tunnels and trails:

airmura.jpg

Hopefully more later today.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1