Puerto Vallarta MX
Noordam

Rotterdam NL
Oosterdam
Rotterdam

1015World.thumb.png.381d821ac3d63daf3ac06a4c4c0b8721.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

In addition to the observances in the opening post, it is worthy to make note of the following:
Breast Health Day, Global Handwashing Day, International Day of Rural Women, My Mom is a Student Day, National Mammography Day, National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day, Sewing Lovers Day, World Student Day, and National Pug Day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thank you for the Daily Report.  Happy Friday.

It's still unseasonably mild here, but that is supposed to end soon.  And we've got lots of rain in the forecast - up to 50mm (2 inches).

That's a lot of days to celebrate.  So many very important ones, thanks for letting us know.  I hope I am not a grouch today.🙂

The quote is too true!

The dinner suggestion sounds good, unfortunately, I don't have any salmon in the house so we'll have to eat something else.

The cocktail and the wine sound good to me.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Have a good day.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Thank you for the TGIF daily, Rich.  I've been "blessed" with both good and not so good bosses.  White Cane Safety is critical.  I try not to be a grouch.  So true on the Herbert quote.  I have not been to Oblia and will pass on the salmon.  My alternative is Chilled 3-berry ministrone  Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 15, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dishes15.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal’s friend recovering from liver transplant
Sam’s half vaccinated care giver
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
JAM37 DH coughing spells
cruisin single breathing issues
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

3 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Cruising-along, Vict0riann, VMaxx1700, sailingdutchy / NextOne,12cruise2/ AncientWanderer,  Sharon, lindaler, and lazey1  at sea
5 days for Gail&Marty
Good results from Dfish procedure
Progress on Seasick Sailor’s renovation
2 days for Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS)
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

Just popped in to say hello from Split, Croatia.  It is a cool morning and now, at midday has only reached 15°C/60°F.  There is an element of wind chill as well.

Only once did I not have a good boss, and I surely hope that when my time came, I was perceived as a good boss.

Grouch day is my day, specially in the morning 😂

My back continues to heal and I hope to be fit for disembarking on Monday.  We just hope that there will be assistance available as there have been a few horror stories of pax having to drag suitcases across cobbles etc.

Thoughts 🙏 are with those on the care list and  👏 to those on the shout outs.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for the care, celebrations and shout out lists.

A lot of interesting days.

The white stick is excellent for those people who are blind to give them some independence.

On our cruise last month a lady with her white stick walked several times daily around the full perimeter of the promenade deck which was amazing.

I think most of us feel grouchy at times.

Some bosses are great and some are bullies in achieving their objectives.

Lovely food and wine today.

The quote is very true.

We visited Olbio on our first cruise in June 2003 on a Sun Cruises ship Sunbird previously called RCI Song of America.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211015_113237.jpg

Screenshot_20211015_113532.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Happy Friday everyone, thank you for the daily report Rich.  Happy Bosses Day all you bosses. I see some white canes around here and will be especially alert to them today.  Cheers to all grouches today, I always enjoyed Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets!  The quote today is so eerily true.  The meal suggestion sounds very tasty.  Haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to seeing the pictures that Dailyites so kindly share.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and cheers for everyone celebrating a happy event.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone!

The Kindle is the only thing working on CC today.  I hope I can figure out how to post links and pictures on here.

The salmon sounds wonderful.  I do eat a lot of fish and salmon is a favorite.  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/22538/baked-salmon-fillets-dijon/

baked-salmon-fillets-dijon-recipe.thumb.jpg.d63cbae8d7b42ada568c663ec4324730.jpg

Here's another recipe. https://www.cookincanuck.com/maple-dijon-baked-salmon-recipe/

Maple-Dijon-Baked-Salmon.jpg.400f0ff56ae2d1c025dc5a5d24d7c36b.jpg

Ok, I am pressing my luck here.   I hope CC gets straightened out soon.  I've cleared the cache, deleted cookies and restarted the computer numerous times.  Nothing is working.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our TGIF smile 🙂 

Great collection of days.  White canes are so valuable to assist the blind & alert others.  I think many of us will celebrate (and hope for) Breast Health Day and even though we all dread them the mammogram which has saved so many.  I’m feeling a bit like Oscar the Grouch this morning.  It’s too cold and damp to work outside but sadly, I committed to do it.

860039A7-DEB3-41DA-9B6A-B10675181789.jpeg.c569313a97f44e7774a675f314f5b438.jpeg

That quote of Herbert’s is so true!  Salmon sounds good.  Must check out my freezer.  And looking forward to the wine description today 👍

Our good temperatures have gone and we are down to miserable and damp.  😔 I sure hope it warms up at least a bit 🤞 

Busy day so pitter patter, I better get at her.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need the and 🥂 to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Friday, everyone !!!!!

8AD13036-E249-42EE-A343-90C1BCA5C163.jpeg.458896dfd1c2659ab77f6739c8e7b4d5.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 34
  • Haha 1

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy the day.

Love salmon and try to have it every week. I tried an online fish monger with line-caught  salmon last year. The various types of fish were very good quality but unfortunately we were too rural for their shipping schedule. There would only be a small piece of dry ice remaining when we opened the box. 

We save the salmon skin as it makes a nice healthy treat for Sam. My previous Mal, Juno, absolutely loved the salmon skin but actually craved green beans even more!

Sam and DSIL

1006212029.thumb.jpg.62582822af39e0d3f996adb09231da88.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 37

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!

Roy thank you for our lists! Morning Dailyite family! Tis a lovely morning here! Last night’s Indian meal was all I hoped it would be. Their Tandoori shrimp and salmon had just enough “kick” to it - the flavor of the star still shone through. Wonderful Naan & Pappadam. And just 20 minutes away! With a menu that deserves exploring. 😎

Making a apple-cranberry oatmeal crumble dessert for tomorrow’s dinner at a neighbor’s; though I won’t bake it until tomorrow. If the humidity stays away, Bindi and I will get a good walk in, too. Leftovers for supper tonight. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Tablas Creek Patelin de Tablas Blanc Paso Robles 2015

I am giving you the info for the 2015 vintage, but am suggesting that you look for the 2019 vintage. It should be more easily available, has good online prices starting at $20.00, and has a slightly better rating. White wine lovers - rejoice! If this is as good as this vintner’s red blend, we are in for a treat. 

Winemaker Notes

#26 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

The 2015 Patelin de Tablas Blanc is very Rhone-like on the nose, with notes of lemon pith, sarsaparilla, crushed rock and apricot. In the mouth, it's intensely juicy with green apple and pink grapefruit, a saline creaminess on the mid-palate, and mouth-watering acidity on the finish, leaving lingering flavors of sea spray and sweet spice.

Pair with seafood cooked with garlic and white wine,green salads with avocado and citrus dressing, lemon chicken,scallops, light-fleshed fish with tropical salsa.

WS93 Wine Spectator - Vibrant and mouthwatering, with green apple, Meyer lemon and dried pineapple favors that are fresh and juicy. Lemon verbena and lime sherbet notes reverberate on the long, detailed finish. Grenache Blanc, Viognier, Roussanne and Marsanne.

WE91 Wine Enthusiast - This blend of 56% Grenache Blanc, 23% Viognier, 12% Roussanne and 9% Marsanne from nine vineyards offers a pretty nose that mixes Key lime, honeydew, just-ripe nectarine and lily florality. It's bright and fresh on the tightly wound and texturally intriguing sip, with lime pith and lemongrass flavors.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

In addition to the observances in the opening post, it is worthy to make note of the following:
Breast Health Day, Global Handwashing Day, International Day of Rural Women, My Mom is a Student Day, National Mammography Day, National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day, Sewing Lovers Day, World Student Day, and National Pug Day!

You’re going to need a bigger Daily, Rich!

• Like 4
  • Haha 15

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. Thank you Rich for our Daily. 

Goodness, lots of "Days" to celebrate today! Pugs have their day?

image.png.447b21c21f40dc37c19eb74769acba8f.png

The grout is complete on the walls and floor. I had Mahjongg last night and we laughed when the 4 guys were in the bathroom playing the radio and singing.

Colin I'm sorry you had back and ankle issues on your cruise. I hope you're able to get home without having any more problems!

Keeping all on Roy's care list in prayer. Cheers and Blessings. 

Try not to be grumpy or grouchy, it's the weekend!

image.png.4c46018cd6b08ae33790c2de05e6571f.png

image.png.1c8ee18af8a91c8de17f62329fa8cbd1.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  The CC gremlins have been hitting me hard yesterday and today.  Even while logged in it will sign me out.  DH and I are seriously looking at a December cruise.  Trying to work out the details and get the needed approvals.  It would be 11 days out of Tampa.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

• Like 24

Being a grouch today: Windows update yesterday morning - may or may not be the culprit. Last evening, while using CC, I was logged out. Clicking on "Log In" did not bring up the dialog box. Went to Chrome and CC worked just fine. Same CC situation on Edge this morning. No problems with other Websites - so far.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  WOW on the days.  I know you can find something to celebrate.  Have not been to today's port.  DH loves Salmon but only gets it on a BHB.  I don't care for it, don't even want to cook it.

Prayers and toasts to all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Rob Roy:

Ingredients
2 ounces scotch
3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
3 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: brandied cherry

Steps
Add the scotch, sweet vermouth and bitters into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with 2 speared brandied cherries.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 8.02.25 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  No I don't think it's our fault CC is giving us problems.  They must be up to something.  I don't get the log in box sometimes either but I just keep clicking on log in.  Eventually it happens.  It's a cool pretty morning here so I'm not complaining.  No walk to gym, just the treadmill.  Not sure if we will get groceries today or when but when we do I hope the shelves aren't bare.  So many supply issues, and delivery problems including mail.  Trouble, trouble everywhere!  What a huge group of days to celebrate today.  I'd especially like to commemorate Breast Health Day and National Mammogram Day.  White Cane safety Day too.  The quote is so true!  As mentioned before I don't like salmon much so no thanks on the menu suggestion.  Jacqui I hope the weather improves so you can get your outdoor work finished.  Cool and damp sounds miserable.

To all on the Care list I send prayers and good wishes for recovery and relief.  Cheers to all celebrating and enjoying cruises especially. 

I haven't been to Olbia before, just Cagliari.  I'd love to sign up for a cruise there though.  Looking forward to any photos presented of anyone's visit there.  Have a wonderful day everyone! 

• Like 23

Good Morning Rich:

Thank you for the DAILY Fleet report  Your meal suggestion is very healthy.  I see the Eurodam is docked at Split. I was not too far from there last week. I hope you and all contributors to this thread have a great day.

• Like 13