50% off 2nd Passenger Offer

mahdnc

14 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yes. I repriced a sold out category room (maybe two, but I didn't even look at the other one that might have been sold out).

Thank you for the confirmation DCPIV. This board has contributors who are very helpful and supportive of fellow cruisers. 

I was hoping I wouldn't have to "upgrade" to an AQ SS to get some savings.  This morning TA repriced the aft S1 for $2600 lower!  (insert fainting emoji)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Thank for the excellent detailed explanation.  In the future I will have my TA call and see if I can get an additional savings.  I wonder if I have been missing out.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Had to come home to accept delivery of a package, so have the two invoices in front of me now, reflecting the 20% repricing for the Oct 2022 T/A.

Original invoice for waitlisted cabin 09 Sept 2021

Rebooked at new 20% off fare 13 Sept 2021

Savings of $4,196.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I either got great pricing when I booked cruises last May... or people must be saving on much more expensive cabins... Here is what I am finding

Original Equinox April 24 '22 1A cabin  regular price for 2 $5,358 gross, less discounts ($460+$492), plus port fees of $272.50 = $4,678.50

Current sale pricing for a 2B (since I get a one category upgrade) Gross $6,278, less discount $1915, plus port fees of $290 = $4,653.00.... savings of $25.

Both include AI benefits...now during the earlier residents discount..as I recall the saving was over $700 (net gratuities).. but that offer did not include AI features and was pretty close to a breakeven given our drinking habits.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Had to come home to accept delivery of a package, so have the two invoices in front of me now, reflecting the 20% repricing for the Oct 2022 T/A.

Original invoice for waitlisted cabin 09 Sept 2021

Rebooked at new 20% off fare 13 Sept 2021

Savings of $4,196.

Awesome.  Thanks.  I get confused between different cruise lines.  Does Celebrity guarantee a price for a waitlist booking that has not cleared?  Or did it clear by Sept 13?

Did dummy  booking yesterday for our upcoming cruises.  Found reductions on two of the three, including the December 4th Reflection sailing.  Sent my TA and email and she was able to get me the reductions reflected in my dummy bookings.   Surprised that this is the second reduction in price I was able to get for the Reflection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Awesome.  Thanks.  I get confused between different cruise lines.  Does Celebrity guarantee a price for a waitlist booking that has not cleared?  Or did it clear by Sept 13?

Honestly, don't remember how we got to price on waitlisted cabin.  Prevailing rate when it cleared, I would think.  Don't remember a guaranteed price.  Cleared 9 Sept, deal happened, repriced 13 Sept.  Good timing.  

On 11/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, upwarduk said:

Think it’s called Creative accounting- they put prices up in UK to then promote them.

We booked on16/09/21.Later at the beginning of October the 20% off promotion was £1000 more than we paid.

F0661818-3EA7-4035-BBE3-BCE23453154A.thumb.jpeg.e3272564a78a5ef22012b4fed5074a70.jpeg
 Today’s promotion final pricing is £250 more than 20% promotion.

8645815E-D82B-47F5-9FD7-1664A685A899.thumb.jpeg.7397350466ed50e4dc38da5b7421a576.jpeg

I did a mock booking last night on the beyond for next December, and found my cruise went down by $250.00. Called Celebrity at around 8:30 and after waiting for 45 minutes, talked to a rep and repriced my cruise. For $250.00, it was worth a 45 minute wait.

Just booked Antarctica for January 2023, over $1000 less pp than when I had started looking at these sailings.

For around $3000 pp with AI for hump Veranda on Deck 7 I think it’s a no brainer for an Antarctic “drive by”. 
NCL even with all their promos is more than $800 higher pp with less cruising time in the upper Antarctic region, and I’ll take Infinity over Norwegian Star any day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Honestly, don't remember how we got to price on waitlisted cabin.  Prevailing rate when it cleared, I would think.  Don't remember a guaranteed price.  Cleared 9 Sept, deal happened, repriced 13 Sept.  Good timing.  

Got it.  Thanks

20 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

Thank you for the confirmation DCPIV. This board has contributors who are very helpful and supportive of fellow cruisers. 

I was hoping I wouldn't have to "upgrade" to an AQ SS to get some savings.  This morning TA repriced the aft S1 for $2600 lower!  (insert fainting emoji)

I have a sold out category S2 on the 1/21/23 Equinox that I will call about. The S1 is now $1200 less than our S2, but We don’t want the walk to the aft all the time. Hope I can get it repriced. Should save a good amount. 

mac_tlc

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I have a sold out category S2 on the 1/21/23 Equinox that I will call about. The S1 is now $1200 less than our S2, but We don’t want the walk to the aft all the time. Hope I can get it repriced. Should save a good amount. 

mac_tlc

Good luck.  I have stayed on the corner S1 several times and it is amazing.  I love the extra porthole.

• Thanks 1

We saved $1500 on an SV on Edge (Jan 2023) with this refare, but the original booking price was ridiculously inflated. I have been watching for price drops but would have canceled the cruise entirely if one never came along. Today's drop brought it down to reasonable territory (approx $210 pppd with 3 perks), not steal territory!

Went back to the well, as advised 😀 and received a small price drop! I called this morning around 9am EST, waited for about 8 minutes. I didn't realize until this thread that I should ask about re-pricing even if my category shows sold out. So I gave her both cabins (one inside not sold out, and one FV that is sold out), and I was surprised when a small price change came back for both. As she was making the changes, she came back and said that since I received a goodwill OBC on the one cabin, it was not transferable, and the OBC was greater than the price reduction. But...she said she was going to check and see if she could get it moved. Waited maybe 5 minutes as she checked, and then she said that she was able to give me the reduction and that they will move my OBC. All in all, I was pretty happy to spend the 25 minutes on the phone. With the small reduction from the 20% off promo plus this, I can fund a couple of specialty dinners for my family! Thanks as always for the great intel.

• Like 4

On 11/3/2021 at 12:17 AM, Belle5129 said:

Is there a limit to how many times you can request a price adjustment? For a June 2022 Alaska cruise, I had called and received a couple hundred dollars back when the 20% sale first came out. Checking now, looks it has dropped another $100+ under this promotion. Not huge, but I am willing to sit on the phone for awhile to save some money! Just wasn't sure if I can go back again. Thanks in advance!

We had 4 price drops on our August sailing - 3 cash and 1 after final payment as an OBC.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:45 AM, Elainemh said:

I just did a mocking booking.  The room I chose stated $2612 a person

I did no add ons. When I get to the confirmation page my per person rate has now jumped up to $3720

less the 50% for second guest $1860.

What a rip off.

I did mock booking for my cruise next year on Edge in a suite,  as a reference I already did it about a month ago with the 20 % off and did really well.   Mock booking on 50% would get me another $400 in savings.   Email already in to TA

• Thanks 1