Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

On 1/29/2022 at 8:16 AM, uktog said:

Friend commented at Christmas how little Journey did and how invisible some officers were (not the captain he was about) compared to what Quest was doing at the same time, and with higher covid rates as well.  Maybe a different approach to the hotel/catering?  

We cannot compare to the Quest directly, but I wouldn't say that this is something we reacted to. Capt Filip was out and about talking to people and HD Tony is always aproachable. The head of Guest Relation Wresley and Chief Housekeeper Darren were constantly around talking to people. No complaints there. 

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiservirginia said:

Currently on Quest. 11-night Caribbean voyage which ends on Feb. 4. Staff tested routinely and, fortunately, no covid cases.  

Great news!  I wonder why the CDC color status still shows as yellow.

Were you required to make dinner reservations for the MDR?  Did you have a traditional White Night or was it Sparkle night? Any other special events?

TIA

On 2/1/2022 at 1:45 PM, Travels with Lisa said:

Great news!  I wonder why the CDC color status still shows as yellow.

A better question would be “Why is almost every single ship with passengers showing as yellow?  It’s as if they are saying “It’s full of passengers, and you know how foul and stinky they are — they had the nerve to cruise when we said not to!”

• Haha 3

We also just got off the Quest this morning. What a lovely cruise! Capt Johannes was out and about frequently. All crew and officers were super friendly.  That’s one of the reasons we love Azamara.

Loved the White Nights and the Destination Experience.  Even though dining venues were reduced and menu items were reduced we still enjoyed our cruise.  We LOVED the band The Fourth Element and we would show up wherever and whenever they played. We are booked on the Quest for the March 17th TA and we can’t wait to return.  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, juliacb said:

We also just got off the Quest this morning. What a lovely cruise! Capt Johannes was out and about frequently. All crew and officers were super friendly.  That’s one of the reasons we love Azamara.

We, too.  We board Quest later this month.

Edited by marinaro44
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ag cruiser said:

No reservations needed for MDR. We had a White Night, Destination Immersion party (on board) and an officer/crew hosted BBQ. Captain and other officers very visible. Best cruise ever! 

Totally agree been fantastic like having our own ship all crew have been amazing and captain out and about all the time 

Currently 213 passengers enjoying Quest's Caribbean Breezes Voyage. Presently the ship is COVID free. Things I've learned. For dinner only Prime C & Discoveries are open. In Prime C you can order off either the Prime C or Aqualina menu (which I like). Azamara shore excursions are limited, mainly due to operator cancellations (we had to re-schedule pre-boarding booked excursions in 4 different ports). Dominica and St Lucia are only allowing guests ashore booked on an Azamara shore excursion. When on the walking/jogging track, the head winds are not inversely proportional to the tail winds.  Finally, any day at sea is still a good day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bedenbl said:

Currently 213 passengers enjoying Quest's Caribbean Breezes Voyage. Presently the ship is COVID free. Things I've learned. For dinner only Prime C & Discoveries are open. In Prime C you can order off either the Prime C or Aqualina menu (which I like). Azamara shore excursions are limited, mainly due to operator cancellations (we had to re-schedule pre-boarding booked excursions in 4 different ports). Dominica and St Lucia are only allowing guests ashore booked on an Azamara shore excursion. When on the walking/jogging track, the head winds are not inversely proportional to the tail winds.  Finally, any day at sea is still a good day.

Thanks for the update.  How's the ride, is it a bit windy?

What are the masking protocols?

Edited by macmax

30 minutes ago, macmax said:

Thanks for the update.  How's the ride, is it a bit windy?

What are the masking protocols?

Definitely a bit windy and having a little up & down motion. Think my wife put on a patch this morning since it feels a little rougher today than yesterday. Had a quick Caribbean rain pass over earlier this morning; left us with some beautiful rainbows.

Masking are required indoors in public areas, including the fitness  center, the cabaret lounge and on dance floors. Not required in state rooms, while dining or actively taking a drink, or in outdoor spaces where social distancing is possible.

Only time I've noticed some folks not strictly adhering is in the Cabaret during shows. Some seem to think as long as they have a glass in front of them (even if empty), they are exempt.

2 hours ago, bedenbl said:

Only time I've noticed some folks not strictly adhering is in the Cabaret during shows. Some seem to think as long as they have a glass in front of them (even if empty), they are exempt.

On our recent cruise, we also saw groups of unmasked people crowded at the bar.

12 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Does anyone know if the bartender Dale is on board or will be be coming back to Azamara?

Dale has not been onboard for a few years. Pre pandemic there were stories he might return but obviously things change. 

3 hours ago, Mhrh55 said:

Wow! Only 213 passengers, I wonder how may are on next week? The ship must feel like a private  yacht.

Yes it does - we are being treated like royalty. They are always very friendly and efficient but this has raised the level even higher. We were also impressed with embarkation which took us 35 minutes from arriving at Miami port to being on board including all testing. There appears to be no further testing at present including temperature checks. People are wearing masks as required. Everything has been just as good as we remember, they are taking great care of us all. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Wondering if any of the officers or crew on Quest have heard from Russ Grieve on how the current Crystal situation has affected him?

I’m hoping that Russ goes back to Azamara! We saw him on Crystal Symphony back in early October. He seemed to be enjoying Crystal and it seemed obvious by the level of entertainment onboard that he had more money available to hire good talent. 
With Russ’ experience and buoyant personality I’m sure he will be an asset wherever he lands. 

43 minutes ago, Killin Time said:

I’m hoping that Russ goes back to Azamara! We saw him on Crystal Symphony back in early October. He seemed to be enjoying Crystal and it seemed obvious by the level of entertainment onboard that he had more money available to hire good talent. 
With Russ’ experience and buoyant personality I’m sure he will be an asset wherever he lands. 

Russ may have spent more money but it looks like it was money Crystal didn't have.  Don't think Russ wants a four-months-on, two-months-off situation.