Current Vaccine Wristbands

jrapps

On 11/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, newcruzer2 said:

Am I missing something? I thought the wrist bands were originally to distinguish between vaxed and unvaxed people.

BUT NOW that all people 12 yrs and older MUST BE vaxed (and hopefully 5 and older soon), WHAT IS THE POINT?

I had the same thought as you but I was informed by a poster on this site that there will be adults with medical exemptions. So, for those few adults, all the adults have to wear wrist bands to show we are vaccinated.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, newcruzer2 said:

Wouldn't it make far more sense to require the unvaxed including those under 12 to wear the intrusive wrist bands? ( since they are in the minority) and even more so once the age changes to under 5.

That is a very bad idea. Think about it.....Anyone who is not vaccinated can just remove the ID band and appear to everyone, including crew, that they ARE vaccinated.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 12:03 PM, coffeebean said:

I had the same thought as you but I was informed by a poster on this site that there will be adults with medical exemptions. So, for those few adults, all the adults have to wear wrist bands to show we are vaccinated.

Has anyone actually received a waiver/exemption?  I've seen posts by people asking how to request one, but don't remember anyone actually getting one.  

57 minutes ago, BND said:

Has anyone actually received a waiver/exemption?  I've seen posts by people asking how to request one, but don't remember anyone actually getting one.  

One person that I'm aware of reported having received an exemption. But that is now third-hand information, so not exactly iron-clad. 😉

What is the point?  I know, it's to tell if your vaccinated however, if it is removable then I can take it off and give it to whoever I want.

Say I'm traveling with my sister and she is not vaxxed.  I go to the show tonight, take it off and give it her and she goes to the show tomorrow night.  It doesn't make any sense.

And before anyone gets into yelling because I'm a bad person for doing that, I will let you know my sister is vaccinated, this is only an example of what someone could do.  

So again, why bother if they can be removed.

22 hours ago, ericdetwiler said:

So if you have a religious accommodation and/or are unable to get the vaccine what are the restrictions on board?  

They're not even allowing religious accommodations on some itineraries. For example the Bahamas requires all cruise passengers 12 and over to be fully vaccinated and only recognizes medical exemptions, so you're not getting on Bahamas cruise unvaccinated even if you would otherwise qualify for a religious exemption.

6 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

What is the point?  I know, it's to tell if your vaccinated however, if it is removable then I can take it off and give it to whoever I want.

Say I'm traveling with my sister and she is not vaxxed.  I go to the show tonight, take it off and give it her and she goes to the show tomorrow night.  It doesn't make any sense.

And before anyone gets into yelling because I'm a bad person for doing that, I will let you know my sister is vaccinated, this is only an example of what someone could do.  

So again, why bother if they can be removed.

BINGO you make sense.   My band was silcone green and was glad to be able to at least remove cabin.

I just got off Anthem today Nov 21st and on my cruise, I saw a group of 7 waltzing down the esplanade NO MASK and no care in the world.  I saw crew members just staring and not saying a word. 

Then today getting off, I saw a rather overweight person get stopped about her mask, and she told the crew member she doesn't have one and kept on walking.  He just shook his head.

Just now, davekathy said:

And what the hell does someone being overweight have to do with complying with the mask requirement! :classic_rolleyes:

well I also heard her say she would not wear one and would say so because of her weight.

I saw her several times and each time she used her weight as part of the story.

So if you are annoyed but she was playing a game with the crew and no one stopped her at all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I also heard her say she would not wear one and would say so because of her weight.

I saw her several times and each time she used her weight as part of the story.

So if you are annoyed but she was playing a game with the crew and no one stopped her at all.

Not annoyed. Just pointing out your rude comment.   Oh, I see now you decide to give more details. Nice back tracking. 😂

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not annoyed. Just pointing out your rude comment.   Oh, I see now you decide to give more details. Nice back tracking. 😂

You are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that I am not the only one who posts something and then realizes they should have stated it a bit differently.

If you think I was back tracking, well too bad.  Buh bye now

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

You are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that I am not the only one who posts something and then realizes they should have stated it a bit differently.

If you think I was back tracking, well too bad.  Buh bye now

I wasn't thanking you! :classic_rolleyes:

Still a rude and unnecessary comment. Cheers. 🍷

We just got off the Symphony. Wristbands were purple. They put them on in check in. Most were not ultra tight.  My wife took hers off at night in the cabin. I left mine on the whole cruise. Not sure what they are made off but they stay clean the whole cruise even with sunscreen etc.  My first thought was why force those with the Vac. to wear them but in theory since the wrist bands gets you in areas it incentive for people to keep them on.

I had no issue with them.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, volk904 said:

We just got off the Symphony. Wristbands were purple. They put them on in check in. Most were not ultra tight.  My wife took hers off at night in the cabin. I left mine on the whole cruise. Not sure what they are made off but they stay clean the whole cruise even with sunscreen etc.  My first thought was why force those with the Vac. to wear them but in theory since the wrist bands gets you in areas it incentive for people to keep them on.

I had no issue with them.

they were very comfortable and glad I did not get the cloth one.  ours were green.   

also so everyone knows. CDC was on board and watching for signage and all the protocols.

Crew in a way overdid some signage for chairs.  Managers everywhere watching and observing. I got the feeling that if RCI had it's own way, they would ease back on a few things but for now they can not.

most shows needed a reservation to get in and could be made even an hour before.

But I was able to open the doors say 15 minutes into show and quietly slip in and take a seat in the back.

Currently on Symphony with purple cloth bracelet.  Last week on Freedom was the same.  

I just ask them to put it on loosely enough that I can push it up my forearm out of the way when I wash my hands, and that also means it's loose enough to slip over my hand to take it off in the room if I want for showering, etc.

I hang it with my mask lanyard on the doorknob, have never left the room without it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1