Lobster in main dining room

jamon

6 minutes ago, jamon said:

Does Celebrity serve lobster in the main dining room which is included with with your fare...looking on going on Reflection and was wondering.....

Yes maybe once per cruise.  And it is generally not Maine or cold water lobster- it is the warm water spiny lobster.

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes maybe once per cruise.  And it is generally not Maine or cold water lobster- it is the warm water spiny lobster.

thus not worth eating, in my humble New England opinion

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

A lobstah aficionado, eh??? LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

yes and also a lobster snob!  When I lived in San Diego, first time I ordered lobster, I was like HUH, WTH is this, it is awful.  About 1 year after I moved there a guy from Boston open a small restaurant/deli  called Bite of Boston.  He had all of the lobster shipped from Maine and the clams from Ipswich, I was in heaven!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

yes and also a lobster snob!  When I lived in San Diego, first time I ordered lobster, I was like HUH, WTH is this, it is awful.  About 1 year after I moved there a guy from Boston open a small restaurant/deli  called Bite of Boston.  He had all of the lobster shipped from Maine and the clams from Ipswich, I was in heaven!!

LOL - I was trying to avoid the 's' term... you said it and I stand by it!!!

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, jamon said:

Does Celebrity serve lobster in the main dining room which is included with with your fare...looking on going on Reflection and was wondering.....

Yes. We like it and always order it the one evening it is on the menu along with a steak to share. Surf n Turf. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Just so you know - not all “Maine lobster” necessarily comes from Maine.  Large amounts of the same species are imported into Maine from Canada’s Atlantic Provinces and once co-mingled with Maine-caught lobsters are indistinguishable.  This has been going on for decades.  And I do agree with you they are not the same as spiny lobster taste-wise.  And when people order lobster tails in restaurants (at least in Canada) they are most likely getting imported spiny lobster as that species has no claws.

• Like 3

And we Floridians are Well Aware of our Longusta and warm-water lobsters, and our wonderful Maine (Canadian) lobsters!

When I did Boston business trips and now NE cruises, I’l have lobster omelet for breakfast, lunch on lobster roll and of course the 2# lobster on my dinner plate…..the next day, the same!

But I will dine on longusta when served. Just as I do with a lower quality cut of meat. Use to go trapping them in Key West and you could scoop up a ton of them, which you needed to do with the smaller size/no claw.

Den 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

thus not worth eating, in my humble New England opinion

Well you see, if all you've ever had is skim milk you don't know what cream is like!  We do enjoy the lobster on Celebrity.

We were on Summit 2 years ago and anxiously anticipating the Lobster in Bar Harbour but alas, we had to skip the port due to weather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last lobster I had on X was so small it was like three or four bites worth and gone.  Sign of the times I guess.  Anyway, definitely not worth worrying about or looking forward to.  It's like a lot of things, the highest quality stuff goes to the upper tier restaurants these days that can still make a profit serving them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Have you tried Kelly's Landing in FLL? Same story. Opened by transplanted Bostonians. We go there every year before our cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dateacher said:

Have you tried Kelly's Landing in FLL? Same story. Opened by transplanted Bostonians. We go there every year before our cruise.

I have not, but if in FLL will def give a try.  We also have a place here called Kelly's, it is on Revere Beach, has been there for years and years and years.  Been going there since I was a kid, fried clams and homemade tartar sauce to die for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

We live in Colorado now. Chef Bob just opened The Lobstah Trap. He’s from Watertown MA. The line is out the door!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We live in Colorado now. Chef Bob just opened The Lobstah Trap. He’s from Watertown MA. The line is out the door!!!

I bet it is, Bite of Boston in San Diego was the same every Saturday when I went, lots of east coast transplants there.  Every deli sandwich was named after someplace local in MA.  The South Ender, The Back Bay, The Essex etc etc

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I have not, but if in FLL will def give a try.  We also have a place here called Kelly's, it is on Revere Beach, has been there for years and years and years.  Been going there since I was a kid, fried clams and homemade tartar sauce to die for.

Kelly’s Landing in FLL is really good, fabulous scallops. Dang, now I want a Kelly’s Lobstah roll from Revere Beach (I’m from Malden)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, awhfy said:

Kelly’s Landing in FLL is really good, fabulous scallops. Dang, now I want a Kelly’s Lobstah roll from Revere Beach (I’m from Malden)

Dude I grew up in Malden!  Malden High School class of 77'

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dateacher said:

Also try Boston's On The Beach in Delray Beach.  Real cold water lobster and also Ipswich Clams.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Dude I grew up in Malden!  Malden High School class of 77'

We’re both MHS Class of 68. You might know my husbands youngest brother

Edited by awhfy