Vaccinated question

sailnsee

2 hours ago, sailnsee said:

How does Rccl know who has been vaccinated once they are on the ship? I keep seeing answers about vaccinated and unvaccinated areas…..so there must be some tagging etc…..(?)

And when I was on Ovation last month, you had to actually show the bracelet when entering for shows in vaccinated areas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sailnsee said:

How does Rccl know who has been vaccinated once they are on the ship? I keep seeing answers about vaccinated and unvaccinated areas…..so there must be some tagging etc…..(?)

Like the movie Contagion, you need to display your vaccine wristband when entering (V)accinated only areas. 

21 hours ago, deliver42 said:

On the Ovation, there was always someone checking bands before entry to various venues that were for vaccinated only.

On Serenade last week, we never had to show our ID bands to anyone to enter vaccinated only areas. I just hope the crew was trained to scan for ID bands on people who were in the vaccinated only areas.

Edited by coffeebean

5 hours ago, dad son team said:

on the Freedom we had cloth bracelets that were not removeable like the rubber ones so once it was on it was there all week.  Plus, we had to scan our cards for everything and I'm pretty sure something lit up telling them if we are vaccinated or not. 

The only area we had to scan our cards on Serenade was when entering the Windjammer.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:46 PM, MD_Dan said:

They read the microchip them embedded in us with the Covid-19 vaccination 8-)

That is what I have also heard. Royal Caribbean has hired vet techs trained in scanning chips. They have also partnered with Home Again to create a database of registered chips.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, coffeebean said:

On Serenade last week, we never had to show our ID bands to anyone to enter vaccinated only areas. I just hope the crew was trained to scan for ID bands on people who were in the vaccinated only areas.

Why?

The people at risk are the unvaccinated ones.

10 hours ago, dad son team said:

on the Freedom we had cloth bracelets that were not removeable like the rubber ones so once it was on it was there all week.  Plus, we had to scan our cards for everything and I'm pretty sure something lit up telling them if we are vaccinated or not. 

Wasnt it uncomfortable having a soggy bracelet after a shower ?

I know i would not like that .

1 minute ago, loman said:

Wasnt it uncomfortable having a soggy bracelet after a shower ?

I know i would not like that .

Not at all. The fabric was very quick-drying and I seldom even notice it.  I was pleasantly surprised since I expected it to be a problem.  

4 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Not at all. The fabric was very quick-drying and I seldom even notice it.  I was pleasantly surprised since I expected it to be a problem.  

Thanks , good to know . 

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Why?

The people at risk are the unvaccinated ones.

I don't understand why you posed that question to me. Vaccinated only areas on the ships are to be for vaccinated only passengers. Un-vaccinated are not to enter those areas. That is RCCL's protocol.

• Like 1

Three weeks ago on Liberty the armbands were put on at checkin counter and could not be removed without cutting them.  They insisted it had to go on the arm and put on while they watched.  We went to the theater several times for presentations and they were checking at the door.  We never went to the WJ and only ate at the MDR.  Sunday we will be boarding the Liberty again and will be watching what they do now.  

On 11/24/2021 at 8:46 PM, MD_Dan said:

They read the microchip them embedded in us with the Covid-19 vaccination 8-)

Unfortunately, there are people that actually believe that. It's really sad.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:19 PM, BeachMan89 said:

Is that what that was for? I didn't wear mine and never saw anybody using it on Odssey last week...

To much of the drink package? People have been wearing them since the beginning and the Odyssey is no different.

7 hours ago, coffeebean said:

The only area we had to scan our cards on Serenade was when entering the Windjammer.

We had to do the same going into the WJ, but also for some of the shows.