The Daily for Wednesday 01/12/2022

richwmn

Today is Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day, National Hot Tea Day, and National Pharmacist Day

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Pesto Roll Ups
Drink of the Day - Kentucky Mule
Wine of the Day - Domaine Guillaman 2020 Colombard-Sauvignon Blanc (
Destination of the Day - Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Ships With Passengers

Falmouth, Jamaica

Rotterdam 08:00 - 17;00

Mazatlan, MX

Koningsdam

Panama Canal

Eurodam 05:00 - 05:00

Zuiderdam

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Nieuw Statendam 07:00 - 16:00

Ships Without Passengers

Corfu GR

Volendam

Zaandam

Limassol CY

Oosterdam

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam Anchorage

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Nieuw Amsterdam

Noordam

0122NAmerica.thumb.png.b86ddde517183c22ae4b249280d90658.png

0112Europe.thumb.png.6a98af42cc278f51d78eced9ec6b6d87.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 13

Happy hump day everyone, thanks for today’s report.  Interesting collection of days, hot tea definitely deserves a day after getting us through the cold spell that we’ve been having.  Cheers to the pharmacists who help to keep us healthy.  Totally agree with the quote, who hasn’t had a boss who cleans up well in front of their peers but is an absolute disgrace around subordinates.  The roll ups sound very tasty as does the mule.  Will have to enjoy Rome through your photos.  Prayers for everyone on today’s list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  A special salute to Pharmacists.    I like hot tea but usually only drink it on ships.  I'll pass on Wild Men Day.  I love the Rowling quote.  I'll pass on the roll ups.  Been to Civitavecchia a few times, most recently in 2017 boarding the Elegant Explorer for a TA.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Marshhawk with new illness and doctor issue
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
Cruising-along losing 2 friends and co-workers
Tana in hospital with poor prognosis
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
HAL Sailor DH health issues
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
summer slope BCC surgery in February
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment January 19
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

3 BHB in Everglades
5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers        
4 days for Dobiemom (Breakaway to 1/23)
4 days for Heartgrove  (Rotterdam 1/16 to 1/23)
Carnival Group  hospital ships Noordam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
summer slope (1/29)sassy~one , ( 1/29), and  Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to1/16),  GTVCRUISER Koningsdam to 1/16) and boytje (Millennium to 1/17) at sea
New photo of baby Camila
New aide for Sam still working well
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Hump Day!

I'm sipping a hot mug of tea, love it.  A big thank you to pharmacists.  Not sure about a feast for fabulous wild men.

Love the quote, it's so true.

The meal sounds good, hope the wine is tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Good afternoon from a sunny 43°F NE England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for the various lists.

Pharmacists do an amazing job.

A very true quote and I have seen how some people have unreasonably treat their inferiors and personally believe everyone should treat everyone the way they would like to be treat themselves.

Nice food today.

The wine is excellent.

We have been to Rome docking at Civitavecchia many times and it is a must see city.

Prayers 🙏 to everyone on the care list.

I wish everyone a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220112_115702.jpg

Screenshot_20220112_115632.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 4

Good morning Daily friends...still a brisk 20 degrees here this morning but it is supposed to be a bit warmer later today.  No matter for me - headed to a full day offsite Leadership Meeting for quarterly planning.  I'll be essentially locked in a giant conference room all day in meetings...a glass of today's wine would be a welcome sight once I get home.

Love the quote today - reminds me of why we always try to take any managerial candidates out to a meal as part of the interview process and observe how they interact with servers and runners.  Gives us a good sense of how they treat all they interact with during the day.

Fabulous Wild Men?  Would love to hear the meaning behind that Day declaration...love a good hot cup of tea when I'm not feeling well (honey lemon flavored, please) and our pharmacists surely deserve a day to celebrate how important they are to us.

Invitations for the 'Zoom' shower went out yesterday.  I used a site called Evite that my sister has used often - very easy to design an invitation and add email addresses, a click of the button and done!  They manage all the RSVPs too...and include a message board for people to make comments.  Even though the shower itself isn't a surprise for my daughter, I've decided that I'll work with her husband and drive down to her house the day before and surprise her by being there for the shower, to help with the gifts and hugs.  

Well, the clock on the wall says it's time to head to that meeting...it's going to be a looooooong day!

Catch up with you all later...blessings to all...

• Like 33

Good morning everyone. An interesting collection of days, and a nice quote. I’ve been to Rome on a land trip. On the flight over, there was a woman who later became our good friend, who was petrified of flying. She thought that if someone got up on one side of the plane to use the bathroom, the plane would tilt to the other side. Over the years, she had hypnosis for fear of flying and became a travel agent and together with her husband flew all over the world.

Our new aide, Andrew, has a strong personality and is a stickler for when he starts work, even though he is 24/7. Sam called for him at 8:55 yesterday morning and he said he doesn’t start till 9am. I am determined to make this work however, so time will tell. I know each different person is going to have some quirk so hopefully this is it. Sam taught him how to make poached eggs on toast and Sam prepared a huge salad yesterday. He began to paint on Monday and yesterday sat at the piano to attempt to play some difficult pieces from memory.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 40

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Thank you to all the pharmacists in the world for the job they do.

Remembering those who lost their lives in the Costa Concordia disaster 10 years ago tomorrow.

Stay safe.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites.

I got carried away with my book this morning trying to finish it. The Judge's List, by Grisham. It was good, then not, picked up a bit, then haulted. It's going back to the library this morning. 

We had a great dinner at Tamarind last night. I asked for the lobster to be flash fried with none of the sauces, only butter. Very good!

No 4 pm Trivia yesterday. Instead we had our cruise director Nick and our ships floral designer do a demo on the art of floral arrangement. It was so funny. The floral guy was supposed to answer Nick's questions but you couldn't understand him. So Nick would ask a question, wait a beat, then help answer. 

We are just docking in Falmouth. Going out for awhile later, do some shopping. No excursion today. Dinner in Pinnacle Grill tonight.

Sending prayers to our care list. Cheers to our celebration list.

0111221655.jpg

0111221645a.jpg

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add photos
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Morning all. Massive gremlin issues this morning. 🤬
Had to at least get the wine du jour posted. 

My library series may be causing the problem - third attempt 🤞🏻…..

14CB7358-1DAA-4E7E-99B9-FE9A4D22AF00.jpeg.822d97ec7948b9cb961c0cc6fe5b7764.jpeg

BB4E7AA9-CCE1-42B4-AA47-ED54EE2BBE11.jpeg.50fd8f1d5666c82854aa90c75cda5e14.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Domaine Guillaman 2020 Colombard-Sauvignon Blanc
This wine is going on my list. I am almost certain I never had a wine made from Colombard grapes. The 2020 vintage has a very good rating from Wine Enthusiast and with online prices starting at $7.94, I probably can’t go wrong picking up a bottle. 

Distributor notes 

An 80/20 split of Colombard and Sauvignon Blanc from the Ferret family vineyards at Domaine Guillaman, this is picked early in the season and at low temperatures, and cool-fermented before maturation on the lees.

Vibrant and punchy from the off, with heady aromas of tropical fruits, stone-fruit, lime and nettle characters. As if that didn’t get the juices going enough, the palate is crisp, fresh and zesty, delicious sweet tropical fruits kept clean and refreshing by a vibrant acidity.

Great as an aperitif or with shellfish, particularly oysters. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

arghhh!  I give up trying to post that pic.  sorry.

I got some good news yesterday afternoon.  my boss texted me and asked if I wanted to work on a West Coast Campaign,  (late hours for me) and I said yes, if he can get me on, I would love to work.  Then I went for a lovely long walk in the woods with DH.  When I got back home, I got another text telling me that Vegas has reconsidered, and would be willing to give our group ( 3 people) 40 hours.  Divide that by 3, and it's a little over 13 hours each.  So, if I can get the other west coast campaign, I can get back to 20-25 hours a week!  Yippee!  Right now, I'll just be happy getting one account back.  A lot of people are scared to purchase on the phones, but at least we talk to them, and plant the seed of possibilities for them, and then they contact the company and go.  So thank heavens I don't work for commission,  but hope that we are helping the companies that hire us.  The Arts really are struggling.

After I walked the neighbors dog yesterday, and brought her into her house, they were talking the "S" word on the news.  In Atlanta, the "S" word is snow.  An inch of snow cripples this city.  And in lieu of saying the "S" word, they call it a wintry mix.  LOL.  So, I am looking forward to a wintry mix on Sunday.  I would prefer the snow though, and not the ice, that usually is part of the wintry mix.  Too many tall pines around this neighborhood.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Like 29

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'll tell DH it's the Feast of Fabulous Wild Men today; he's going to love that.  We start every morning with a cup of hot tea; my preference is Bigelow's I Love Lemon (got hooked on that on a BHB), while DH likes Red Rose.  Hurray for pharmacists and all they do for us.

Today's quote is so true - I worked with one fellow who was an absolute tyrant to those working under him, yet when the chief judge came around, he was all sweetness and light.  I would have liked to hit him with my gavel on many occasions.

Another nice day in the works here, as we're waking up to single digits once again.  It's only -7C, which is delightfully warm for January, so I'll take advantage of the break in the weather and work more on the snowbanks.  I started yesterday, but soon one neighbour came out, then another, and then the young couple who just had twins prior to Christmas, and suddenly we were having a socially distanced chat in the middle of the street for nearly half an hour.  By then, the urge to do some serious snow damage had waned, and I only accomplished a portion of what I hoped to.  

I like today's menu suggestion, but we have a lot of the pulled pork to make our way through, so we'll have a repeat of last night's pulled pork sandwiches.  Instead of coleslaw, I think I'll make a Greek salad, as there are some veggies to use up in the crisper.   And wine.

Last week there was mention of a shortage of cat food, well yesterday we went to WalMart to pick up Sochi's food and WOW, talk about empty shelves!  We managed to find 3 boxes of Fancy Feast and that's all, so we went to a second location to see the same thing.  We were able to grab a total of 5 boxes which will hold her for a while, but who would have thought there'd be a shortage of cat food?

Bargain.thumb.png.ab300a0a08d6aa1e89afb9db88b7ff1e.png

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jacqui, Jose, and his medical team, and for Tana.  We'll raise the glasses tonight as we celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Clearly I was not the only one with issues.

My problem was a bit different. One pic from my iPad would upload, the other would not. My error message was “server unavailable file failed to upload” or something like that. But both were coming from the SAME server! Is it too early for a glass of wine?

• Like 12
  • Haha 12

Good morning friends!  This morning it's colder here than the rest of my family is in Michigan, Ohio and Missouri!  How can that be?  Yes, it was 27F when I awoke and we expect a sunny day with 54F so doubling our morning temp.  @marshhawkI saw that report about the weekend, too.  I will plan to sit home if we get frozen precipitation but feel sorry for those who have to be on the roads for work, etc.  It will be a mess.  Remember several years back when people were caught at work when it started to snow, then the schools and business let everyone go home early?  At 1 pm the roads filled with cars and the roads were slick.  Some people were stranded out there on the highway overnight!  We don't want a repeat of that!❄️🥶

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor our Daily report.  An eclectic group of days to celebrate, eh?  The feast of Fabulous Wild Men?  I'm afraid to contemplate it.  Hot tea sounds good today.  I salute our pharmacists and my own favorite pharmacist is my neighbor Ray.  The menu suggestions sounds interesting so bring it on.  The port of Civitavecchia/Rome should be a popular one.  My map of ports says we've been there a "baker's dozen" times.  It is probably only surpassed by Ft. Lauderdale.😲

Thank you to Roy @rafinmdfor our huge lists of Care and Celebration people.  Many prayers are said for our Care list, especially our dear friend Jacqui @kazuand her Jose, as well as Tana.🙏  Cheers for those celebrating happy events and/or cruises. 🚢  Have a great day all! 

• Like 25

Good morning  to all.I am waiting in my car while DH confers with the audiologist  regarding a dead hearing aid.It is pretty cold but I am at least in a parking garage.I met  DH and thought he was quite a wild man back in the day.We had a good laugh on the drive up here about some of our youthful exploits.Good memories,thanks!

I live constant comment tea and had a cup earlier.The pharmacies around here have been great throughout  the pandemic.

We have been to the port twice and I will look for pictures later.Anything on my laptop gets the error message..

I look forward to the  recipe  especially  since nothing is planned or available for dinner.

Be safe out there everyone. 

Terry

• Like 24