The Daily for Wednesday 01/12/2022

richwmn

48 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  Sorry, things are not good in so many ways.

Our light snow turned into a nasty snow storm with risky roads and I got on them like an idiot to get Miko to the vet.  He’s staying overnight.

My life is going to Hell in a hand basket. 😔 😢 

I am so sorry you had snowy roads and another trip to the vet.Prayers for you and Jose and the  dogs too.It has to be beyond difficult  with so much  going on.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@richwmn Hi Rich. Just finished Trivia and asked Nick about the NA/Noordam. He said as far as this morning Noordam was still the hospital ship and the NA has a skeleton crew.

Isn't the HAL rumor mill great!  Different people hear different things.  I hope for everyone booked on the NA that Nick is correct.

Lenda

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

@kazu my heart cries for you and your current situation 😔. I have enjoyed your posts, as they are always respectful and non-snarky (some people need their typing fingers washed out with soap on here…). Prayers that things start improving!

Fortunately on this thread everyone is lovely and respectful.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just got home from my slice and dice procedure on my nose.  The plastic surgeon said the nose lift he was giving me would be free of charge.  The first pathology report came back good, so I was in and out of the office in less than an hour.  The doctor said I would likely have a black eye tomorrow, which I wasn’t expecting.  The nurse said I should just tell people they should see the other guy if something is said about my black eye.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Just got home from my slice and dice procedure on my nose.  The plastic surgeon said the nose lift he was giving me would be free of charge.  The first pathology report came back good, so I was in and out of the office in less than an hour.  The doctor said I would likely have a black eye tomorrow, which I wasn’t expecting.  The nurse said I should just tell people they should see the other guy if something is said about my black eye.

Glad everything went smoothly and the doctor got it all with the first cut.

Lenda

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Pleased to hear your op was successful.

Hopefully you don't get a black eye tomorrow.

I did not after my BCC op near my eye on Christmas Eve.

Graham.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Excellent news that the first cut was the final one!  Hope you don't get that black eye!🤕

Also, DD texted she got some food and a prescription on the way home from her arm surgery, the arm was completely numb, and it was in a sling.  Once the numbness is gone, she will probably need that prescription!

• Like 15

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Wow, I'm late today. We just had lunch at the Grand Dutch Cafe.  The split pea soup was fabulous.  Brought the Beeham sandwich back to the cabin for later.  Have loved being on a BHB, don't even mind the mask. 

Major prayers for our lists.  Toasts to the others (I've had 3 Bahama Mama's to toast them.  LOL)

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

aw the last time I had split pea soup was on the Amsterdam ( ya know now sold) and it was 2010 sailing 14 days r/t from Seattle up Alaskan coast and even docked in Anchorage.  We had the soup on the bow whilst sailing glaciers.   

I have to book a newer ship now to try the Grand Dutch Cafe.  Was going on Rotterdam 7 out of Amsterdam in May to Norway, but cancelled because I still think sailing may not happen this year from that region.  I hope so.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Our light snow turned into a nasty snow storm with risky roads and I got on them like an idiot to get Miko to the vet.  He’s staying overnight.

Jacqui, I am sending you love from across the miles.   We all wish better for you and we feel your pain.  

36 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

I had that situation once and just said it was a bar fight.  She was making moves on my man.

• Like 13
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

On one tour to Rome about 15 years ago we were pushing Pauline's mam in her wheelchair near the Vatican.

We were waiting to cross a very busy road next to the Vatican when we spotted the pope in the popemobile.

The traffic kindly stopped for us to cross and Pauline's mam who had Angina and could only walk a short distance jumped out of her wheelchair and hurried the short distance across the road to see the pope.

A lorry driver had his mouth open in amazement and out of embarrassment we put our arms in the air and shouted 

It's a Miracle.

Graham.

A cute and lovely story.  I have been to the Vatican in 1985 and wow that is some busy road.  I almost got run over.

I went on a tour and loved the Papal gardens view while standing in line to see the Sistine Chapel.

We were told to be quiet and respectful, only to go in and see large groups of students lying on floor and talking loudly.  Was very odd experience.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Excellent news that the first cut was the final one!  Hope you don't get that black eye!🤕

Also, DD texted she got some food and a prescription on the way home from her arm surgery, the arm was completely numb, and it was in a sling.  Once the numbness is gone, she will probably need that prescription!

Sandi, happy that DD's surgery went well.  Hope she does not have too much pain and that the meds will handle it.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Glad everything went smoothly! Love your nurse’s suggestion. 😎

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Glad all went well, Sandi!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers 🙏 Sandi for your dear daughter that her arm surgery was extremely successful and the numbness goes away very quickly.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

DM who had a successful Mohs surgery this morning. Hopeful that when I am nearly 102 years old, my surgeries will be infrequent and successful. This afternoon, I will walk to school and walk home with 3rd grade DGD. Life is full and life is good! 

A toast to your DM for having a successful MOHS surgery at nearly 102!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, my heart hurts for you. Many hugs and prayers for you, Jose and the dogs. Please be safe on the roads.

41 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Good news on the surgeon getting it all on the first pass. When I had my fractured eye socket and black eye, I said something similar.

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Glad the surgery is over. Hopefully not terrible pain when the numbness wears off.

4 hours ago, dfish said:

@Navybikermom  Welcome to the Daily.   I stood in St. Peter's Square for a couple of hours on a 93 degree day to get something blessed for my niece one year.   At the end of his talk the Pope gives a blessing and the shopkeepers told me that is how they get items blessed.

I bought a crucifix right outside the Vatican when I was in Rome years ago. They said it would be blessed inside the Vatican, but they couldn't guarantee it would be by the Pope (John Paul II). 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1