The Daily for Saturday 01/15/2022

richwmn

Jacqui: I am so very sorry to hear your news today.  We are all here for you, with our positive thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself, and accept help from friends. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Another sunny summer day, expected temperature 22C.

Thanks for all the daily reports,  care lists, recipes and photos.

A Tsunami alert after a volcano erupted in Tonga, some photos were shown on our TV news last evening.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 14

@kazu Please know that  am thinking of you, I cannot believe how you are able to cope with so many things going at the moment. Hopefully Jose's evaluation will be done soon and a facility will be found to give him the care he needs and where you can visit him.

it must be difficult watching your pups going through their medical issues at the same time, and thinking of what is best for them.

🙏 Mary

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Finally getting back to cc today and @kazuI am so terribly sorry to see the news about Jose and also your beloved dogs. So awful to have everything crash in at the same time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Just wish we could do more than our wishes for good health for all.

Susan

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Another sunny summer day, expected temperature 22C.

Thanks for all the daily reports,  care lists, recipes and photos.

A Tsunami alert after a volcano erupted in Tonga, some photos were shown on our TV news last evening.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Tsunami arriving in Victoria, BC

IMG_6710.thumb.JPG.f084a9938eab36c47a9b6ea043a7021d.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Jacqui, I'm sure you can feel all the love and concern we all feel for you as you go through this very difficult time. So many things coming at you at once. It took a lot of courage to share your sad news here and I hope it helps a little to unburden yourself and know so many of your friends here are praying for you, Jose, and your precious dogs. Angels here are really trying to lift you up .

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

My zoom meeting at 2, which I thought would last an hour, lasted 3.  There was a woman in the group who looked an awful lot like @dfish!!!  DH came in after the meeting and decided that we needed to go to Walmart to get a flash light. Before the big storm.   We ended up with a rechargeable lantern and one flashlight.  We didn't realize that the lantern was chargeable so we bought batteries...we had looked at one box, but purchased another by the same manufacturer. The one we read needed 4 D batteries. I wonder what in our house needs D batteries.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to a snow storm, but all I keep hearing about on the news is ice...and then snow...and then melt....and then refreeze.  DH is still hoping to fly out to his mom's on Wednesday, but then I hear we are going to get a repeat storm next weekend.  He may be gone longer than he thought.

We have the wood burning stove all set to light tomorrow morning,  so if we lose power we wont be without some heat source for long.  There is a load in the dryer, so laundry is caught up if we lose power, and the dishes will get run tonight, so all will be squeaky clean and then we will have to wash by hand (if we lose power).  Except for finding candles (next chore) we are all set and it can storm, ice and snow all it wants.😸

• Like 16

Good evening, all! I am so late to the party it’s almost time for tomorrow’s. It was a busy day, and this is my first time anywhere near the iPad.

Many thanks for all the compliments on the gingerbread house. A friend is coming Monday to visit for a few days, and will assist in the deconstruction.

Today was yet another Saturday not spent aboard a BHB.😔

D69C55AA-0F5B-4578-B2DC-A52C476DB685.thumb.jpeg.f702ca5114c4c5fc43e582863873419e.jpeg

• Like 13