The Daily for Friday 01/21/2022

richwmn

Thanks for all who post and many thanks to Rich and Roy for their dedication.  Prayers for all on the care list - with extra prayers for Jacqui and all she is enduring.

Fasting since last night for blood work this morning.  Now drinking the allowed black coffee - ugh!  I am  a flavored coffee girl with lots of creamer.

Good news for us on an upcoming B2B.  Was able to call this week and arrange upcoming B2B cabins so that we can stay in the same cabin for both trips.  Not easy since DH needs an accessible because of severe walking condition.  Makes turnaround day much less stressful.

Stay safe everyone — especially stay Covid free and safe from our winter weather!!  Katherine 

• Like 30

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

I am not very fond of squirrels. II lived in a hose that had two walnut trees in the yeard. In the 20 years I was there, we never got a single walnut. The squirrels got every last one of them year after year.

Ilove the quote. Music is a major part of my life.Picking up a guitar and softly playing something has been my go-to relaxation method for most of my life.

It is not cold here like it is in so many places but the drink still sounds wonderful.

Salt water fish is just too broad a category. I love many but some (especially oily varieties, do not appeal.

Stay safe.

• Like 29

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Suppose to be nice today but bad ( for us)  weather returning tomorrow.

We really enjoy all music ( except rap). I find it very comforting. I was a big ABBA fan back in the day and was so excited to hear their new album. 

DD loves the virgin type of the peppermint chocolate drink. HAL makes something similar and she will have one every day. People will always ask what it is and then order it. The bartender always says we are his best advertisement!

Prayers for everyone. Hope we start to hear some good news soon.

Be safe and enjoy today

• Like 35

Top of the morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. 

Hello friends. A chilly 15° morning here, warming to 40's.

Actually,  my favorite fish are saltwater. Mahi-Mahi, grouper, red snapper, sea bass.. yum, yum!! Great recipes today Debbie, thank you. Tonight I'm making a chicken and rice dish with a salad. 

Prayers lifted for positive news on Marley. Jacqui and Jose too. 

Our cardinals are flooding our bird feeder this morning. I counted 11 but there are more I can see on the branches. We don't have too many squirrels hanging around our area since the next block has a small pecan grove. Sometimes they are a nuisance on our open platform feeders because they lay flat in the middle of it and no birds can come eat. 

Today will be quiet. No laundry, no marketing.. I think I'll move some plants and furniture around. 

Have a lovely,  blessed day, and a safe and happy weekend. God bless!

• Like 31

Good morning everyone. It was 35 degrees this morning and will stay cool throughout the weekend. Counties West of us cancelled school and many other businesses due to possible ice storm. Not sure if it happened or not.

Squirrels aka tree rats are aplenty around here but their numbers seem to be decreasing and maybe because of our neighborhood bobcat. The little pest can be quite destructive.

It’s Friday and DW tells me I need to head to the store as tonight’s South Beach Diet entree will be fresh salmon. It’s been hard to bear and loosing only ten pounds! I’m hanging in there but sure would be nice to have a glass of wine with dinner followed by a Peaty single malt whisky!☹️

Wishes that all of you have a safe and wonderful weekend and thanks to all who make the Daily possible.

• Like 32

I am a hugger, even if it is a little squeeze on someone’s hand.  The hardest thing for me about all of the COVID restrictions is being unable — or afraid to — give someone a hug.  I’ve gotten into the habit of saying, “Air hug” when I see someone that I would have hugged in pre-pandemic times.

Air Hug to Everyone!

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  It's about 32F here and gloomy.  My dental cleaning is at 2 pm and that's when the chance of rain comes in, followed by snowflakes at 4 pm according to my phone's weather app.  Yuck!  Let's hope it never happens.  I was awake early so that we'd be up when DSIL got up for breakfast.  He arrived last evening safely, we had dinner then the "guys" went downstairs to DH's study to have a whisky and a chat.  I stayed upstairs to watch some television.  I finally had to break it up after 10 because that is way after DH's bedtime and I know DSIL must have been tired after driving 500+ miles.  He drove his brand new (got it last Saturday) crew cab pick up truck so the guys had to discuss that topic for quite a while.  It was nice having him.  He will be visiting his Mom in the ICU when he gets there.  They're hoping to move her to a different hospital in Sarasota when they get a bed available.  He plans on staying a week and coming back to our B&B on his way home.  Meanwhile, his Mom is at the top of my prayers this week.🙏

But in addition to her all of our Care list are getting my prayers especially Jose, Jacqui and Marley, Tana, Carol and Sam, Roy,  my niece's DH who begins chemo next Tuesday, and everyone who has Mohs surgery scheduled.  Seems like we've had a lot of that lately.  Cheers to our lucky Celebration list people!  Thanks to Roy for presenting it.  And a big salute to Rich for the Daily.  I'm not sure about the saltwater fish dish today.  Even if DH didn't have white bean chicken chili on his menu already, I'm not sure I'd like the fish.  I'm one of those picky fish eaters, sorry to say.  The Peppermint Hot Chocolate drink sounds good, though.  

I've already celebrated hugging day with DH a few minutes ago.  He startled me when he walked up behind me so I popped up and gave him a hug.  I don't know that I'd call my attire sweat pants but they aren't tight and they're warm so I guess that counts.  And I sadly cannot celebrate those sneaky squirrels who dig up my yard then rearrange my Christmas lights on the tree trunk every December.

I can't say that I've been to Argostoli in Cephalonia/Kefalonia Greece.  I looked and among all the 10 or 11 Greek ports I've seen, I couldn't find today's anywhere.  But it looks lovely in @grapau27Graham's photos.   I hope you and Pauline are having fun on your excursion to York!  I bet you've had lunch already so send photos.🍽️

• Like 36

14 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Top of the morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. 

Hello friends. A chilly 15° morning here, warming to 40's.

Actually,  my favorite fish are saltwater. Mahi-Mahi, grouper, red snapper, sea bass.. yum, yum!! Great recipes today Debbie, thank you. Tonight I'm making a chicken and rice dish with a salad. 

Prayers lifted for positive news on Marley. Jacqui and Jose too. 

Our cardinals are flooding our bird feeder this morning. I counted 11 but there are more I can see on the branches. We don't have too many squirrels hanging around our area since the next block has a small pecan grove. Sometimes they are a nuisance on our open platform feeders because they lay flat in the middle of it and no birds can come eat. 

Today will be quiet. No laundry, no marketing.. I think I'll move some plants and furniture around. 

Have a lovely,  blessed day, and a safe and happy weekend. God bless!

Brrr!  15 is pretty darn cold for you Texans!  Stay warm!

I miss seeing your old avatar photo.  The letter S doesn't do your personality justice!  I have to do a doubletake when your posts come up.  Funny how we recognize people by that avatar, isn't it?

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Brrr!  15 is pretty darn cold for you Texans!  Stay warm!

I miss seeing your old avatar photo.  The letter S doesn't do your personality justice!  I have to do a doubletake when your posts come up.  Funny how we recognize people by that avatar, isn't it?

Prayers for your entire family Sandi. What a way to start the new year, right? I'll post a new avatar just for you. Xx

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Late to the party today - DH had another restless night, so . . .     I'm a hugger and Covid has been hard to get through; thankfully I have DH to hug or Sochi would be a wreck.  We have squirrels who flit through our yard and make a mess with pinecones from the spruce trees in our yard.  I honestly don't own a pair of sweat pants, although I'm sure they're comfy.

Wow, we have the weirdest weather, and today is a prime example; right now our temperature is sitting at a delightful -4C (24F), which is warmer than many of you.  We'll enjoy every degree, because we never know when another cold snap will come flying through and leave us shivering.  Last night we had freezing rain, so the city crews have been out all night sanding and salting, to help cut down on the number of accidents for those heading to work this morning.  We have pedicures scheduled for later this morning, and they're not far from us, so I think we'll be okay.

Well it was just a matter of time - our DS called last night to say our darling GS (age 6) has tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully he's had his first vaccination, and only has a cough.  Out of an abundance of caution, they've kept him home from school since Monday and yesterday acquired tests to see what was happening.  Sure enough, he tested positive.  Hopefully it just stays as a cough and doesn't migrate to his younger brother (age 2) who is too young to be vaccinated.

I like trying different kinds of fish when we're on a BHB, so would appreciate today's menu suggestion.  I like hot cocoa, but am a purist in that I love it plain (or maybe with Bailey's added instead of peppermint schnapps), and I recall stopping at today's port where we wandered around in the bright sunshine.

Today's Friday, so it's pizza night at our house - will have to check the menus online and see what appeals to us.  I'm going to try to find one that compares with that of @grapau27 because they always look SO good.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, his medical team, Jacqui, Marley, and all our Dailyites who are having health issues.  We'll clink the glasses together tonight to cheer on all those on the celebration list.  Stay warm, wear your masks, get your boosters, be well, wash your hands and be safe! 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 37

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

DH and I hug often and there is nothing like the hugs from my grandchildren. I don't own any sweatpants anymore. Squirrels are not high on my list as they can be a nuisance, but they can be entertaining at times.

I like some of the recipes that Debbie @dfishfound and would be willing to try any of them.

The quote is a great one. @marshhawk that Plato quote is one of my very favorites.

Lucy was no better or worse yesterday which we are grateful she hasn't gotten any worse.

DH and I started the second glass block wall of the shower this morning. Hopefully there will be no more delays and we can get it finished over the next few days or so.

I haven't read page two of the Daily yet so I will go get another cup of coffee and do that.

Have a fabulous Friday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 31

Happy Friday!  Cold and windy here but I think we will avoid the snow and ice.  There is an advantage to being surrounded by water, it moderates our temperatures.  The down side is when, like today, the winds are too strong and the ferries don’t run.  Good thing we don’t need to leave the island 😜.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 25

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Today's Friday, so it's pizza night at our house - will have to check the menus online and see what appeals to us.  I'm going to try to find one that compares with that of @grapau27 because they always look SO good.  And wine.

Those pizza pictures from Graham are amazing. I'd be 200 pounds if I could get pizza THAT good! My neighbors used to eat anchovy or sardine pizza and I always thought pizza was gross til we went to our 1st pizza experience in Chicago. Nothing like Chicago pizza.. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

A quick good morning from sunny and chilly (44F) Quartzsite.

Hugs are so comforting.  I like watching squirrels but they can be destructive.  I think I have two pairs of sweatpants, but I haven't worn them in years.

I like the quote and agree music is important.  I'm also a rock 'n roll girl.  

The drink and wine sound good.  We had tuna casserole last night, so may pass on the fish.  Then again, we could have salmon.

We've been to Argosotli twice, in 2008 on Prinsendam and 2019 on Veendam.  IIRC, it was the port of the day a few months ago, and I posted pictures then.

Right now, it's time to get back to house cleaning.

Lenda

• Like 26

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and thanks Roy for your dedication to our Dailyite home. I was brave enough to finally get on the scales after three months of travel. 62 days of cruising and the rest with my sister and son. I now have 12 pounds I have to loose to just get back to my precruise weight. Time to head out for a walk.  Its about 19 degrees out so the walk may have to wait for another cup of coffee. The hot chocolate recipe sounds very nice. 

• Like 25

It’s turned out to be an interesting morning.Get in our Spyder convertible and it won’t start, we try and jump start it too no avail. Call AAA which arrived promptly and got car started. Noticed a tire was low on air so asked to have air added. The tire would not accept air. So I let the car charge for awhile before driving to Goodyear. Just barely made it on the low tire. Car needed new tires so today started off with $$$$ *#§x+#!

It’s not like we were going to ride around with the top down as it’s 11AM and still 37F!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, all! I hug DH frequently, otherwise hugging is on pause during Covid. Our resident squirrel found a new winter home this year. She still passes by from time to time, and comes to the door for her walnut and a chat. I miss her regular visits, but her young were very destructive last spring and I’m thankful she’ll be raising them elsewhere this time.

The only sweatpants I own are my winter pyjamas on Salt Spring. With not going out as much these days, it’s been a point not to let my regular clothing style go from casual to sloppy. So no sweat pants. Someday, we will be back out in the world again.

@ger_77 I’m so sorry your DGS has tested positive. It’s so concerning when children get sick, and so hard to keep,this outmofmthemschools!

C4270FEB-5454-4F6F-BA78-1EEDBB645F59.thumb.jpeg.575cef3818d4923d8943804b72503696.jpeg

Dinner tonight is the remains of the roast chicken we had with our visitors. Fish will,have to wait for another day. Prayers for all who need them, especially @kazu with all that has fallen on your shoulders.

Happy Friday, and cheers to those lucky enough to be on a BHB today!

A16547A4-894A-4DF8-965F-BA723E5E3967.thumb.jpeg.611be38e8b6287d5d24c92ed0c87f6a8.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 19
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Late to the party today - DH had another restless night, so . . .     I'm a hugger and Covid has been hard to get through; thankfully I have DH to hug or Sochi would be a wreck.  We have squirrels who flit through our yard and make a mess with pinecones from the spruce trees in our yard.  I honestly don't own a pair of sweat pants, although I'm sure they're comfy.

Wow, we have the weirdest weather, and today is a prime example; right now our temperature is sitting at a delightful -4C (24F), which is warmer than many of you.  We'll enjoy every degree, because we never know when another cold snap will come flying through and leave us shivering.  Last night we had freezing rain, so the city crews have been out all night sanding and salting, to help cut down on the number of accidents for those heading to work this morning.  We have pedicures scheduled for later this morning, and they're not far from us, so I think we'll be okay.

Well it was just a matter of time - our DS called last night to say our darling GS (age 6) has tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully he's had his first vaccination, and only has a cough.  Out of an abundance of caution, they've kept him home from school since Monday and yesterday acquired tests to see what was happening.  Sure enough, he tested positive.  Hopefully it just stays as a cough and doesn't migrate to his younger brother (age 2) who is too young to be vaccinated.

I like trying different kinds of fish when we're on a BHB, so would appreciate today's menu suggestion.  I like hot cocoa, but am a purist in that I love it plain (or maybe with Bailey's added instead of peppermint schnapps), and I recall stopping at today's port where we wandered around in the bright sunshine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, his medical team, Jacqui, Marley, and all our Dailyites who are having health issues.  We'll clink the glasses together tonight to cheer on all those on the celebration list.  Stay warm, wear your masks, get your boosters, be well, wash your hands and be safe! 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

So sorry to hear about your DS. I'll be praying that it is a mild case and he is back to 💯% very soon.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1