Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

11 minutes ago, Luvmypups said:

John-

I’m assuming you are speaking about the RCL world cruise?  If so, are you planning to go on all 4 legs or just 1 or more and which one/s?  Thanks for taking us along on this cruise!

Individual legs still cannot be booked...unfortunately.  😞  Was supposed to be last December, but now advertised as this month...though no idea which day this month...if at all.  Next cruise on this ship said they would call me if they hear anything.  But I am not holding my breath.  

I know everything from JS and up is already booked, and even balconies are starting to get scarce.  

John and Laura are on for the whole trip.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

On 2/1/2022 at 4:26 PM, John&LaLa said:

I don't think so, Oasis Class doesn’t. 

They do have a nice salad bar in Jammer.

Hope to visit MDR lunch on day 8 maybe

No more Tutti salad? We’ll be on Harmony in March, and I was looking forward to it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I did it last November.  It took them a couple tries to get the ropes adjusted right but its still quite a workout.  Definitely do this before eating or drinking and not after.

I'm thinking a couple shots of (your choice) before doing it would enhance the experience. 😵

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2022 at 12:33 PM, markbach said:

That's the Freewinds, the Church of Scientology's ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freewinds

Thanks for the link. I’m always interested in the history of older ships. 
I thought the ship looked familiar and reading her history, I saw why. She was Sea Escape. 
I never sailed on Sea Escape.

She was was popular for short, very short cruises. 
Lots of advertising, and probably most of the passengers were tourists vacationing in Florida and jumping on the chance for an inexpensive cruise. 
I can’t imagine tourists going to the Southern Caribbean and taking time out of their island time to go on a super short cruise. No wonder she sits and waits. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Individual legs still cannot be booked...unfortunately.  😞  Was supposed to be last December, but now advertised as this month...though no idea which day this month...if at all.  Next cruise on this ship said they would call me if they hear anything.  But I am not holding my breath.  

I know everything from JS and up is already booked, and even balconies are starting to get scarce.  

John and Laura are on for the whole trip.  

I would think it will be a big challenge to keep the MDR menu interesting for such a long trip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rusty_lock said:

I would think it will be a big challenge to keep the MDR menu interesting for such a long trip.

I have a tough time keeping the dinners at home menu interesting.  😮  😉 

At least I wouldn't have to plan those on the ship.  😄 

• Haha 8

Just now, island lady said:

I have a tough time keeping the dinners at home menu interesting.  😮  😉 

At least I wouldn't have to plan those on the ship.  😄 

Yes, someone else cooking is always better than having to cook yourself.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luvmypups said:

John-

I’m assuming you are speaking about the RCL world cruise?  If so, are you planning to go on all 4 legs or just 1 or more and which one/s?  Thanks for taking us along on this cruise!

Currently the only way to book it is the full journey. So we are on the whole enchilada 

• Like 7

On 2/3/2022 at 9:06 AM, island lady said:

No, they were all over it, plus looked like some remodeling going on.  Worker bees in full covering bringing in materials.  There were walkers/runners on deck in the morning, plus activity at night, and plenty on deck to watch us sail out late last night.  Supposedly a training venue for the Church.  

Now I get it. It is strictly for Scientologists! Better than going on the beach. I guess!!

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 10:00 AM, John&LaLa said:

Rain hit during breakfast. But it may be clearing. Walked across pool deck on way to spa. Lots of wet towels. 

20220204_091639.thumb.jpg.d421c77dbed3474f5cbc266260a38882.jpg

Rain stopped, but still lots of clouds. Big fluffy ones. Good time for Northstar 

20220204_094655.thumb.jpg.54024588e6caf399343814744b770616.jpg

Look, a zamboni😉🤣🤣

20220204_095158.thumb.jpg.d6cf2e2e2b5e92ee363be0da53f7a8f5.jpg

The name plate is under the punk duck

20220204_095134.thumb.jpg.a4d0c026aa35fbba03616a33086f552d.jpg

Oh, and I booked a massage for the afternoon. The things I have to do to review a ship is mind boggling. 😇

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you for this photo. 
The Meyers are a branch of my family, and all of my family lives in Papenburg except for the descendants of my grandparents. They came to NY in 1909, and everyone else stayed in Papenburg. 
My cousin Bernhard headed up Meyer Werft (Works in English) but like me, he’s getting old. Probably retired now. 
They stay very busy, probably because they build good ships. 

2A867094-7650-4B40-A11F-47010E9F0B83.jpeg

• Like 20

If I may, I have a couple more questions.

1- Can you tell me which pier the Odyssey docks at in Port Everglades?

2- did the do the Love and marriage show (I know old and cheesey, but we always like it.

3- According to some port site websites, they are showing the Feb 12 sailing as having arrival time on 2/16 in Curaçao at noon instead of listed 8am.   What time did you arrive in Curaçao?

thanx again for all your fantastic pictures and hints and suggestions.  I know they will help us make the most of our sailing.

Erika

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, birdylady said:

If I may, I have a couple more questions.

1- Can you tell me which pier the Odyssey docks at in Port Everglades?

2- did the do the Love and marriage show (I know old and cheesey, but we always like it.

3- According to some port site websites, they are showing the Feb 12 sailing as having arrival time on 2/16 in Curaçao at noon instead of listed 8am.   What time did you arrive in Curaçao?

thanx again for all your fantastic pictures and hints and suggestions.  I know they will help us make the most of our sailing.

Erika

Terminal 18

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonnieJB said:

John and Laura, any interest in doing a Cruise Critic Live report on your world tour?  

Oh how exhausting that would be, I think I would more like to relax then keep up with a thread on here for 9 months.

Maybe do a brief report once a week would be more doable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh how exhausting that would be, I think I would more like to relax then keep up with a thread on here for 9 months.

Maybe do a brief report once a week would be more doable.

Then fortunately, you won't be the one doing it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5