Princess mask update 2/18/22. Effective 3/1/22

Ombud

12 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

Not if they still try to enforce mask wearing on our Feb. 28 cruise.

They will relax it on the day after we embark.  The real possible gotcha is that the testing requirement might change on the 1st but we'll have to go through the two day before anxiety before we leave.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, honeyb2 said:

Hopefully we will find out about pre-cruise testing soon! We leave in 3 weeks for our TA.

It will be our luck that they really make a significant change on the day after we embark having gone through the process two days before.

2 hours ago, big al said:

So...we are on the Feb. 28th 10 night Enchanted Princess cruise..does this mean that the NEXT day, March 1st, masks will be not be required, except in the designated areas? A bit confusing...

I was wondering the same thing but the statement says for cruises departing March 1 or later so because ours leaves on February 28 they could enforce mask wearing which would be a real bummer with the rest of the cruise world being able to display their smiles. It will be a bummer if they enforce it. I am hoping that we can cut us some slack.

• Like 2

What worries me is the 'masking might still be required in certain venues and events', which could be interpreted as theaters, Princess Live, and bars for trivia and other crowded events, which still leaves that annoyance and stress factor and stupidity factor (since the same distance and time risks are faced in dining rooms and bars). I really hope they'll extend the same courtesy to crew too--I want to see their faces, which will be really smiling after wearing N95 masks for months. With the fall in case counts and dropping requirements for work/school testing, local testing should be much easier as well, and 3 days is a good first step, since it was the original policy. I'll miss the low-occupancy cruises, though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

I was wondering the same thing but the statement says for cruises departing March 1 or later so because ours leaves on February 28 they could enforce mask wearing which would be a real bummer with the rest of the cruise world being able to display their smiles. It will be a bummer if they enforce it. I am hoping that we can cut us some slack.

I’m with you on that.  We depart on the 26th and I’m hoping that starting March 1, they relax it on the ship.

• Like 4

Well I see we are in the small minority here that would feel much safer if masking was still required!

California has dropped the indoor mask requirement but most of my friends are still wearing them

I am very sorry that most people in here feel they are relieved to stop using this protection

• Like 36
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MountainEER74 said:

Not if they still try to enforce mask wearing on our Feb. 28 cruise.

I hear you & if I were on that cruise I would really be disappointed,

Somehow I doubt if they'll be any real enforcement for masking either way, considering the date. 

I'm really surprised they just didn't make announcement to end masking on the date it was published. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Well I see we are in the small minority here that would feel much safer if masking was still required!

California has dropped the indoor mask requirement but most of my friends are still wearing them

I am very sorry that most people in here feel they are relieved to stop using this protection

As a fellow Californian, my initial reaction was fear for myself with the mask recommendation instead of requirement. But, looking a long way back, isn't this where we all wanted this to lead to? It's my choice to protect myself still wearing masks to protect myself in certain situations/circumstances (in addition to being vaccinated/boostered). It's not my place to force others at this point to protect me by them wearing masks. We have come a long way on treatment with current variant that developes into a much less serious condition.

Lets deal with the next variant when it comes but, I do not want to live in fear anymore, I want to live my life leaning how to live with Covid the rest of my life (and I do think it will be with me the rest of my life).

Cheers

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Another person in your small minority.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Waiting to see about testing and masking for Southampton, England.

RE:  Masking in England......from article yesterday (BBC)

"face coverings are still required in health and care settings, including hospitals, GP surgeries and pharmacies"....so that would mean "no mask required" for us. 

And the article says all Covid rules (including this one) are set to expire 3/24.  We arrive off the ship 3/28 in Southampton so hoping all is good as far as masking......

Travel testing, no so sure yet. 

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 3

People who want to continue to wear a mask are free to do so.

So what's the problem? If they fear the unmasked people then just don't cruise right now or anywhere else in public until the virus is completely gone. 

Problem solved. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I’m with you on that.  We depart on the 26th and I’m hoping that starting March 1, they relax it on the ship.

Same here.  Currently on the Emerald and will stay on for the Feb 27th, 14 day Caribbean voyage.  Will they change rules onboard on March 1st??.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Same here.  Currently on the Emerald and will stay on for the Feb 27th, 14 day Caribbean voyage.  Will they change rules onboard on March 1st??.

It doesn't make sense if a ship departs on FEB 28 for 10 nights and another ship departs the next day for 10 nights, that the first ship has to have a mask mandate for 10 nights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gardenbunny said:

As I have said before it is personal choice based on your own individual risk factor. If you still feel the need to protect yourself you should be able to do that. Or if you are comfortable not wearing a mask, that is also fine. No one should be made to feel “good” or “bad” for their choice. 
I feel that we are very close to the endemic phase. Covid will never be gone and vaccines will continue and be improved upon, just like the annual flu shot. I never took the flu shot until I was over 65. 

Agree.  We are in South FL for the Winter and some folks wear masks in public and some don't we don't.  Our friends just arrived and they are masking up everywhere so far.  Personal Decision and no one makes a deal out of it - mask or no mask.  Cruising ought to be the same when the change happens.  

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

RE:  Masking in England......from article yesterday (BBC)

"face coverings are still required in health and care settings, including hospitals, GP surgeries and pharmacies"....so that would mean "no mask required" for us. 

And the article says all Covid rules (including this one) are set to expire 3/24.  We arrive off the ship 3/28 in Southampton so hoping all is good as far as masking......

Travel testing, no so sure yet. 

Britain did away with Day 2 testing so no Covid test to enter Britain.

Princess has not released their testing yet, 2 days before cruise like in USA or at dock like last year for cruises with British cruisers.

Waiting to see, will  Princess still test free for International passengers returning to their country if their country require a test?

We cruise May and return June to Canada on disembarkment day from Southampton. 

1 minute ago, phabric said:

Britain did away with Day 2 testing so no Covid test to enter Britain.

Princess has not released their testing yet, 2 days before cruise like in USA or at dock like last year for cruises with British cruisers.

Waiting to see, will  Princess still test free for International passengers returning to their country if their country require a test?

We cruise May and return June to Canada on disembarkment day from Southampton. 

By then hopefully Canada has scrapped any required test if fully-vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It doesn't make sense if a ship departs on FEB 28 for 10 nights and another ship departs the next day for 10 nights, that the first ship has to have a mask mandate for 10 nights.

Do you really believe people on the Feb 28th trip will be following the mask rules??