Princess mask update 2/18/22. Effective 3/1/22

Ombud

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Remember the new rules state that masks will still be required in some indoor settings so I would still pack the masks. I will be willing to bet that in crowded spaces with hundreds of people like shows you will still have to mask

May be required, not will be.  Suspect it will depend upon the incidence rate on board.

2 hours ago, smbt1 said:

No, you have been allowed to wear non-medical masks to meet the mask requirement.  There are quite a few that have chosen to wear medical grade masks to meet the requirement.

Please explain what portion of my statement you disagree with. There us no portion of my post that ia not accurate. 

58 minutes ago, smbt1 said:

CDC still uses the term fully vaccinated to be the initial vaccination series.

It used the term Vaccines up to date to include having any recommended booster doses.

as per the following from the CDC web site

Get Vaccinated and Stay Up to Date

Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.

Fully vaccinated means a person has received their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.

The 3 days test period is for those that are up to date and received boosters.

You're right. Still I think that because PCL was so conservative last year that they'll be conservative this year. We should know soon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

With a start date of March 1, it shouldn't matter whether a ship has left port already or leaves on/after the date.  Folks are wondering if the effective date will vary by ship if you have read the thread.  Doesn't affect me personally, and it may not be known until someone on a ship reports as things often seem to vary by ship.

I don’t think it says a start date of March 1st.  Didn’t it say cruises departing on March 1st or after?  Which would mean if a cruise departed the day before then they would still have to wear a mask on that sailing???  Am I reading this wrong?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t think it says a start date of March 1st.  Didn’t it say cruises departing on March 1st or after?  Which would mean if a cruise departed the day before then they would still have to wear a mask on that sailing???  Am I reading this wrong?

It does say that, but several posters have pointed out the oddity of some ships sailing on March 1 with mask mandate and some without.  And perhaps uncertain about what the actual case will be in practice when the time comes.  I don't see you reading it wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Reading that England's covid rules are all dropping a few days before we dis-embark in Southampton.  

There are barely any covid rules remaining already. I think the only rules that still apply are masks in medical settings, self isolation if you have symptoms, and testing for unvaccinated people travelling internationally

• Like 2

Just now, Steelers36 said:

It does say that, but several posters have pointed out the oddity of some ships sailing on March 1 with mask mandate and some without.  And perhaps uncertain about what the actual case will be in practice when the time comes.  I don't see you reading it wrong.

I wish everything would stay the same across the entire line instead of one ship doing it one way and another ship doing it the other way.  So confusing. Plus how can you only wear a mask in certain areas? That would mean that you still have to carry a mask with you at all times. Which I always do but for people that don’t like to wear one that would be a pain.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

With a start date of March 1, it shouldn't matter whether a ship has left port already or leaves on/after the date.  Folks are wondering if the effective date will vary by ship if you have read the thread.  Doesn't affect me personally, and it may not be known until someone on a ship reports as things often seem to vary by ship.

They could have written the change as starting March 1st instead of starting with cruises departing March 1st, but they did not. I do agree that they will have a difficult time enforcing mask rules on March 1st and later on cruises that have commenced earlier than March 1st. And the new rules for sailings March 1st and later still say masks will be needed to be worn in some venues; I predict that they will also have trouble enforcing that.

Edited by ontheweb
spelling correction
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:
37 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Even self isolation if you have symptoms is now being reported to be dropped from next week.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand. What do you mean?

MsSoCalCruiser, Jimbo1683 is on the other side of the pond so has different rules. Another reason to stick just to implementation on each line

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

My bet on testing requirement:

Best scenario: No negative result required for vaccinated guests.

Good scenario: Extend the test time period from 2 days to 4 days before cruise (same as NCL).  

I totally agree.  I have a cruise April 11th and hope my vaccination card will be sufficient.  I hate to stress about getting a negative test to board and hoping the results come before the ship leaves.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

They could have written the change as starting March 1st instead of starting with cruises departing March 1st, but they did not. I do agree that they will have a difficult time enforcing mask rules on March 1st and later on cruises that have commenced earlier than March 1st. And the new rules for sailings March 1st and later still say masks will be needed to be worn in some venues; I predict that they will also have trouble enforcing that.

Easy to enforce. Don’t follow masking rules leave the ship at next port. Once a few dozen are kicked off there will be 100% compliance

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weedpindle said:

Please explain what portion of my statement you disagree with. There us no portion of my post that ia not accurate. 

Very simple  you said "Remember, we have been required to wear NON-MEDICAL masks."

Nobody said that you had to wear non-medical masks on cruise ships, many of us wore medical grade masks.  So you were not required,  you were allowed to wear a non-medical grade masks if you chose to do so, but could easily wear a medical grade mask if you wanted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just got of the Allure. We sailed the day before the policy changed. We absolutely had to continue wearing masks in vaccinated areas for the entirety of the cruise. 

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

If people do not want to obey the rules which we all know can change from day to day they shouldn’t cruise

That is too simple a concept. 

As you have justly mentioned, this is very dynamic at the moment.  Lots can and will change.  

I will do what I need to do to follow the rules to keep me and others safe.  That's the ALOHA spirit.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cmh said:

I totally agree.  I have a cruise April 11th and hope my vaccination card will be sufficient.  I hate to stress about getting a negative test to board and hoping the results come before the ship leaves.

I agree as well.  I am very interested to hear the new guide line for the Covid testing requirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmh said:

Me too!!!!

2 hours ago, latserrof said:

I just got off the Majestic today, and while most folks followed the mask rules,  I saw zero enforcement for the few who didn't.

Just off the Regal today and there was strict enforcement of the mask rules.....guess it varies from ship to ship. Most all were in compliance without being told.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

The media in England are reporting today that the requirement to self isolate if you have covid symptoms and test positive will end in the coming weeks as part of the government's 'living with covid strategy'.

I don’t think that’s going to go very well, do you?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Reading that England's covid rules are all dropping a few days before we dis-embark in Southampton.  

Yes they are however the rules on ships have not always reflected the rules on land. England dropped mask wearing last summer as well but it was still required on ships.

Other European countries still have strict mask rules for shoreside. Spain for example has just dropped the requirement for mask wearing outdoors (still required indoors) and Madera still has outdoor mask wearing at the moment.

So I will be interested to see what the regulations are here once Princess announce them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ustasmom said:

I just got of the Allure. We sailed the day before the policy changed. We absolutely had to continue wearing masks in vaccinated areas for the entirety of the cruise. 

The policy doesn’t change until March 1st.  Are they still handing out N95 masks?   I hope you enjoyed your cruise. I can’t wait until my next cruise!