Princess mask update 2/18/22. Effective 3/1/22

Ombud

• Ombud changed the title to Princess mask update 2/18/22. Effective 3/1/22

Wow this is great news! While the masks don’t bother me I’d really like the testing to be changed so I can’t wait for more information on the pre-cruise testing requirements. Finally starting to feel like maybe we will be getting back to normal.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, sirclean said:

link returns a 'page not found' error.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Me too but this just worked for me.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/princess-cruises-confirms-participation-in-cdc-program-through-march-31.html

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

February 18, 2022 6:00PM PT

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Princess confirms that it is participating in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters through March 31 and is advising guests of the following changes:

• Effective with cruises departing Mar. 1, masks on board will be recommended but not required. There may, however, be certain venues and events where masks will be required.
  • Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Cruise Health section of our website.
  • Princess will continue to meet the standard of vaccinated cruises.

"Princess has proven cruise vacations are safe and healthy for our guests and teams," said John Padgett, President, Princess Cruises. "Going forward, Princess is prepared to adjust operating protocols to ensure our guests have amazing vacations while always protecting the safety of our guests, team members and destinations."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope this link works:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html

It appears that Princess is complying with the most restricted category. Betting on boosters being required 

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

Edited by Ombud

6 hours ago, brisalta said:

I find the following paragraph interesting.

"Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Cruise Health section of our website."

I wonder what Princess will propose?

5 hours ago, brisalta said:

I am hoping that testing requirement becomes easier to fulfill.

5 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

My bet on testing requirement:

Best scenario: No negative result required for vaccinated guests.

Good scenario: Extend the test time period from 2 days to 4 days before cruise (same as NCL).  

Carnival (CCL, not the corporation) may give a hint in their updated FAQs:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their test within three days prior to sailing.

(Source:  Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line )

If that's the only change to testing, I think it's a small and narrow one that will be helpful to some - and has been asked for for a long time here and elsewhere.

The news on masks is all good, of course.  It will make my April cruise much better. 😀

P.S.  Since when (or starting when) is NCL pushing its testing time period to 4 days?  Their on-site FAQ still says they will be going to 2 days when they stop routine testing at the terminal on March 1.

• Like 4

I woke up to this info posted by my PVP this morning. As someone who is vaccinated and boosted and had Covid I am happy the masking will switch to mostly optional, just in time for my 3/7 cruise! I am good with testing requirement if it stays in place. Hoping they are still sticking to reduced capacity for a while, my PVP implied they were when I booked early this week. 

8 hours ago, brisalta said:

I find the following paragraph interesting.

"Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Cruise Health section of our website."

I wonder what Princess will propose?

Most interested to know. We will need a negative test result to fly into USA, then another negative result to board ship..number of days prior that test is required might mean we don’t need a second test….fingers crossed and we should be so lucky !!!!!!!!

• Like 1