The Daily for Tuesday 02/22/2022

richwmn

Good morning everyone and Happy Two’s Day!  I definitely need to walk the dog more than I do now. We have a family card game that we play but I can’t get Craig to play with me. I do play solitaire on my iPad a lot. I have two decks of HAL playing cards, one blue, one red, but I haven’t seen them for sale onboard in a long time. 

The meal suggestion sounds good but tonight we are going out to eat with old friends who are visiting from Idaho. We have known the husband since college and they moved to Tucson when he was in the military back in the 70’s, then we bought houses near each other. The wife always stayed overnight with us when the husband was on alert at the missile silo because she hated being alone. After they left Tucson he became a pastor and even pastored the church Craig’s family went to in California. So we have a lot of history with each other. It should be fun. 

Yesterday we grilled a ribeye steak cut from a larger ribeye roast I’ve been saving in the freezer. We had horseradish sauce and mashed potatoes too.  We also used mesquite wood chips:

044D0752-FC22-401C-940F-E7DCBB09CD0D.thumb.jpeg.e0b6a2f8c932b986200f2fab0350e8e9.jpeg

It was yummy. 

649A1F3E-9081-4DA2-9496-F9978AFBAE4D.thumb.jpeg.e84067e0edc9ed70fc2b283921c0d209.jpeg

So now we have about 4 more steaks to have from the roast, I guess it’s beef week in our house. 

Three years ago today it snowed and actually stuck. DGD loved it:

19B7C881-B1DF-45B7-88F5-1DD889E8C3D3.thumb.jpeg.acbc49c9604be50d0091b3767f20da1e.jpeg

And, yes, those are M&M’s:

2281E5BC-691C-4FE2-B6E7-F8A48244E275.thumb.jpeg.0d60a82b40f738a6a0ad643933507ec0.jpeg

The little one is supposed to be Blue:

B1A34E83-9538-4961-9142-D2AA2D2F4C0D.thumb.jpeg.f9e918999f680179f90388d33e22e85d.jpeg

It was quite a chore cleaning all that up!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 32
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Happy Twosday, 2.22.22!

I've no dog to walk, although many in my neighborhood do. Wildlife is important. My card playing these days is on the PC as I've no one to play with. I'll celebrate margarita day too!

Good quote. The meal looks good, except for the carbs. Pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Victoria, BC. Thanks for all the pictures.

It's a rainy day here, with possible thunderstorms, but still in the 50's. There are flood watches again. I had to check my CPAP as I was concerned it was 3G, which AT&T shut down today; luckily the modem in it is 4G. It would have worked had it been 3G, just not sending data to the doctor or communicating with the app on my phone.

@kazu Continued prayers for Jose and safe travels to and from the hospital for you.

@grapau27 I agree that letting those who test positive not have to isolate is concerning. I have friends in Chelmsford that I've been chatting with about it.

@irishjim Happy Birthday! 🎂

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you feel somewhat better today. Prayers continue for Jen.

@smitty34877 Like you, I want masks in my salon when I go tomorrow. I hope Tana is settling in well.

@rafinmd Your meal looks good. I hope you're having a relaxing time.

@Heartgrove Sam is beautiful.

@mamaofami Oy on the aide! I hope it gets better.

@Cruzin Terri It sounds like the higher dose of Prednisone worked, and good that it can be lowered. As long as it's slowly lowered, so you don't flare. With my eyes I had the up and down doses due to flares.

@ottahand7 Good news on the Covid test results.

@durangoscots Yikes on the snow amounts. Stay safe.

@Cruising-along Sorry to hear of the relative's death; so sad that misinformation leads to this loss.

Prayers for the Care List and cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Jim @irishjim — Happy Birthday!!  🎈🎂🎉. And best wishes for Sheila’s appointment. 

Jack — (I think your name is Jack) —

@Heartgrove — Sam is a beautiful dog and I loved the video you shared. I talk to Blue all the time and even though he doesn’t respond like Sam he does know what I’m saying. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Daily friends, I'm especially thinking of Jose, Tana and Jen today - friends all!  Happy Birthday, IrishJim, and a speedy recovery to Sandi and Terri.  I'm interested to see everyone's pictures of Victoria, and that will give me more ideas when we have visitors.  We do take people to Butchart's, and Fisherman's Wharf.  

Pat is in a hurry to get out, so I'd better say farewell for now.  I thought I would post a few pictures of our garden which I really miss now that we have moved into a townhouse with just one tiny flower bed to call my own.  I do know, though, that I would definitely not be able to look after  our old place!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruzin Terri It sounds like the higher dose of Prednisone worked, and good that it can be lowered. As long as it's slowly lowered, so you don't flare. With my eyes I had the up and down doses due to flares.

Thanks for the advice.  The dosage was lowered ever so slightly.  I went from 7.5 mg daily to alternating between 7.5 and 5 mg each day.  After two weeks, if there is no flare-up, I go down to 5mg daily.

We will see how it goes.  Right now, all is good.

Thanks again.

Terri

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's a chilly 28 F this morning.  Yesterday DH and I covered all the outdoor planters because this week we're having lows down into the high teens.  All the planters have flowers coming up, they didn't expect this!  Also high winds are expected today -- of course, it's the day to put out the garbage cans!  😄

No dog to walk, I do love looking at wildlife and will especially enjoy that activity in 3 months when we go to Yellowstone with DD, DSIL and the grandsons.  The only card playing I do is on the computer, I do love playing Spider Solitaire.  

Good quote, meal and wine.  The drink sounds a bit sweet for me.  We've been to Victoria many times, it's an easy day trip from home.  My sisters and I stayed at the Empress on one sisters' weekend years ago.  Of course my favorite thing in Victoria is to visit Butchart Gardens, especially in the spring.

Yesterday we were reminded once again how serious Covid is for those who choose to be unvaccinated.  A distant relative by marriage passed away a few days ago.  He scoffed at Covid, even said bring it on....he got what he wished for, sadly.  Now he's left some grandchildren and children who will miss him.  Very sad, it could easily have been prevented.  

@irishjimHappy Birthday!  

@StLouisCruiserscontinued prayers for Jennifer.  You aren't a numbskull 😉  Good to hear that the numbness can last awhile 🙂  

Prayers for all on the care list and cheers for all on the celebrations list.

We also have unvaccinated  relatives and it is just so sad.My condolences  for your family.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Well, I thought I'd posted several pictures of Victoria, but only found two that had been posted.  Don't worry though, I have more to share and will try not to duplicate too many of those already shared.  In fact, I found enough that I'll have to divide them into two posts.

We have been to Victoria on at least four BHBs, but our 2001 call on the Ryndam was in pre-digital times.  We've also been there on the Amsterdam (2010 and 2012), the Statendam (2015) and the Zaandam (2018).

The first time in 2010, the winds were too high to safely dock at Ogden Point  These pictures are of Victoria as we sailed past that day.

Some houses along the shoreline.

P1000988.thumb.JPG.04889c469d956973ef8e0f79e7a49fa0.JPG

P1000992.thumb.JPG.610198f08068b8eada68ec4d8c45fdef.JPG

P1000989.thumb.JPG.9543b3db635c45b0cb3609bd0e4f5d55.JPG

The ferry heading back to Port Angeles, Washington.

P1000993.thumb.JPG.fa129d5c15b040d5089aba3735ee29f7.JPG

In 2010, we did b2b cruises and the second time we were able to dock.  After going out to lunch with cruise friends who live in Victoria, we asked them to drop us off at the Empress hotel.  There was a classic boat festival in the harbor.

P1010417.thumb.JPG.0459e26b78049da9632e8643c29c1e26.JPG

P1010418.thumb.JPG.f99de4e7e3307078beba03695f504b93.JPG

P1010421.thumb.JPG.c6801eaddfd2e4d4008db79832ff5b69.JPG

P1010422.thumb.JPG.3c0c3c87e437bd5e805861de7644409e.JPG

The water taxi.  In 2001 when we took our motorhome to Victoria, we took the water taxi and did the complete circle.  It was a good way to take a harbor tour.

P1010419.thumb.JPG.832318bd28e985bcd1ebaccce60353f5.JPG

In 2012, while on b2b2b cruises, on one of our calls we took the Ho-Ho.  These are some of the pictures from that tour.

P1040839.thumb.JPG.16eedb32110d1a01cafe72d209ca985a.JPGP1040841.thumb.JPG.1df28f32982fde61afaef41aaa0d900e.JPG

P1040842.thumb.JPG.75241edd7566a31f1e565148b43e4c46.JPG

I'm not sure I would feel safe in these small "bikes" on the busy streets.

P1040846.thumb.JPG.1bcd6281e11b57e4e479b500305d61e0.JPG

A couple of pictures from the garden's at the Empress Hotel.

P1040833.thumb.JPG.18320b0de79447b769ddbaacd52461f3.JPG

P1010428.thumb.JPG.59ba408bed7963022a81452ba6eec2cb.JPG

Lenda

Loved your photos.

Thank you.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We are in the lull between storms. Went out and cleared my car of 6+ inches of wet, heavy snow and discovered a layer of red sandy dirt below the snow. We must have had a sand storm ahead of the snow. We are due for a couple of hours of quiet and then the second storm will roll in. I do not have to go anywhere so will just hunker down. Of course, the little Bandit is not happy, but he does go out, do his doggie thing and rush back in. When you are very short and only 10 lbs, the blowing snow is intimidating to say the least.

Susan

• Like 22

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We were lucky enough to visit Victoria on one of our 50th wedding anniversary cruises.  The first cruise was in June-July 2019 with our family in Europe.  The second was in September 2019 on the 14 day Alaska cruise on ms Amsterdam.  This day in Victoria, BC took place on Sept. 8 which was 2 days after our actual anniversary.  What a lovely day we had there.  Weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIC0w-7WZ2RFHnrjPHIMmFX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568233649

We followed the red brick road to the downtown area.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4MjLt8YDiFYk8C2uMuXNL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568233659

Here's the route on this information board.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKLhLymEA_NiQZa62hTl3v?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227477

We walked around Fisherman's Wharf, British Columbia style.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXShgK2pJKMSkYMExD63L3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568226956

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAZkT-j-ZI7HcD36I8_Eq7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568233686

This is home for some lucky residents.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKCeo2mrs8t6-wfbXxXwDx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568226956

We passed by the ferry loading cars and people onboard.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEi7UKU0e_tUQjEa68_J3a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568226982

A view of the Fairmont Empress Hotel.  Huge!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKa9e8jtyxVrJgMRi2zSdkQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568233746

The most gorgeous lilies I've ever seen.  I wonder if Jacqui saw these on her visit?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8ksrdqujrYd6J0r7xmgaZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568226995

A totem pole with the Parliament behind it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJoZpDrtV0odrC3em0dBpFg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227005

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLi7QDyT-XxInthXojxcuAi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227061

A different totem pole00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6Tw7wdPNdZRYXlDl-vAC8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227408

A buggy ride with a very handsome horse.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFkkFyk9WNjSqI0m3gaM1R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227040

At first we were interested in this obelisk but then the tree caught our attention.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8O98kzRnymrt1Gs9irnhL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227019

Very unique00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxNVhCCWgbrQaOVCwmeXa9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227033

Very old sequoia00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjOz0Y6W91-sQ5vJAlvL1l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227035

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLw6F_RqOWLLXlqBluuBsCn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227411

statue of Capt. Cook00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICsojuMjjVNsog08RaXCYh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227418

unique botanical statuary00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1dj_vNbrflfJczHzhhVRT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227441

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQTqYzFWCYCzOEASfGfaCF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568234124

such a cute water taxi00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0rmC030lCJYOnkgJ-LtVb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568227454

I hope I can visit Victoria again someday.  It's a beautiful spot on this globe.

Nice photos Sandi.

Captain Cook was born about 25 miles from us in Marton Middlesbrough.

His boyhood home was Great Ayton about 5 miles away from Marton where I am doing a sales call on Thursday.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220222_183542.jpg

Screenshot_20220222_183749.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

That is something that I really enjoy about Sam. Most Alaskan Malamutes are very vocal, almost as if they are trying to form words as opposed to most dogs just barking. I had a Shelty/Dalmation mix that would only bark at important things -  like leaves falling from trees!   😁

With our two dachshunds we did not need a doorbell or an alarm system.  They barked at anything that moved in their territory, which meant at anything they could see out the windows which are tall and go almost to the floor.  I talked to them, and they tried to understand -- I think.  😉

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI'll take a frozen strawberry daiquiri along with you!

It's been over 24 hours since I was numbed for my procedure and the top of my head (hairline to crown) still feels numb.  Is that normal??   

Yep, I'm a numbskull.🤕

Maybe we can meet and get one on a BHB beauty someday.

Yesterday we were reminded once again how serious Covid is for those who choose to be unvaccinated.  A distant relative by marriage passed away a few days ago.  He scoffed at Covid, even said bring it on....he got what he wished for, sadly.  Now he's left some grandchildren and children who will miss him.  Very sad, it could easily have been prevented.  

Sorry for the loss of your relative.  Such a senseless and likely a preventable loss.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

The meal suggestion sounds good but tonight we are going out to eat with old friends who are visiting from Idaho. We have known the husband since college and they moved to Tucson when he was in the military back in the 70’s, then we bought houses near each other. The wife always stayed overnight with us when the husband was on alert at the missile silo because she hated being alone. After they left Tucson he became a pastor and even pastored the church Craig’s family went to in California. So we have a lot of history with each other. It should be fun. 

Yesterday we grilled a ribeye steak cut from a larger ribeye roast I’ve been saving in the freezer. We had horseradish sauce and mashed potatoes too.  We also used mesquite wood chips:

It was yummy. 

Enjoy your dinner out and catching up with your friends.  That was a good looking steak, and ribeye is my favorite steak.

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Loved your photos.

Thank you.

Graham.

Graham, thank you for your kind words.

25 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

We are in the lull between storms. Went out and cleared my car of 6+ inches of wet, heavy snow and discovered a layer of red sandy dirt below the snow. We must have had a sand storm ahead of the snow. We are due for a couple of hours of quiet and then the second storm will roll in. I do not have to go anywhere so will just hunker down. Of course, the little Bandit is not happy, but he does go out, do his doggie thing and rush back in. When you are very short and only 10 lbs, the blowing snow is intimidating to say the least.

Susan

Blowing snow can be intimidating to a small or short dog.  Also, snow on low hanging tummies can make them pretty cold very fast.  Needless to say our dachshunds did not like snow and only tolerated rain.  You reminded me that I will need to dust the car tonight so that if we do get the predicted rain, the car won't turn into a mud ball.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I priced the drink package and that was a hard no for me.   I hope that everyone has a good day today.

LOL!   You do have to drink an awful lot to make buying the drink package a good deal.  

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thankfully both my hands and arms and shoulders are doing a whole lot better.  My prednisone dosage was lowered yesterday and if I continue to do well, I can lower it again in two weeks.

Have an appointment with the doc on March 24 just before we go on our cruise.

That is so good to hear.   Prayers that this trend continues.  We want you to enjoy your cruise pain free!

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

As for playing cards.  I love playing cards, but these days am reduced to doing so on my computer. One of my fondest memories was of Holiday family gatherings.  After dinner when the table was cleared, everyone would play poker.  It was so much fun.  We only played for pennies but we all had a good time.  I miss those days.  More importantly, I miss all those family members that are no longer with us.  Now it is just DH and me.  He is not a card-player.  So it is the computer and me.

My family and I used to play penny ante poker as well.   Way back when a group of teacher friends and I used to play Tripoly every other Friday night - payday evening we called it.  We played for pennies and never counted them exactly, but whoever looked like they had the biggest pile at the end of the night got to take home the pink wooden pig.  

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Margaritas are okay, but I prefer a frozen strawberry daquiri, especially on a BHB.  We'll skip the wine and the drink.

That reminds me of when I was staying with a friend in Columbus because I had a program to go to every night that week.  She waited anxiously for me to get home each night so we could have a strawberry daquiri.   She wouldn't have one if she was alone so she loved when I came to stay.

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning from Half.Moon Cay.. Sunny and gorgeous.  Passed our COVID tests yesterday so we can sail the next leg. We had perfect weather for the cruise except for Day one at sea when it rained.

Yippee!   Enjoy!

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I wish we had a dog still to walk.

Yesterday, we had another aide change and the lady left and we will have the man sleeping in which means I don’t have to wake up early every morning to let him in. However, my daughter had to label the freezer because when he defrosted some cooked food early in the week, I asked him to put the left overs in the refrigerator and last night we found them in the freezer. Last week Sam asked him for a stick of butter and he gave him cream cheese somIm not sure where this is heading but I’m ready to give up. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Good grief.  This person is not at all acquainted with a kitchen.

I'm so sorry, Carolyn.  We all have someone in our family that we fear for.  A colleague of my sister contracted COVID along with her husband.  They were also those who believed it was nothing more than the flu or a cold and a conspiracy by certain people to gain power.   Her husband died.  My sister prays daily for her son as he believes the vaccine is laced with HIV and hepatitis.   

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good grief.  This person is not at all acquainted with a kitchen.

I'm so sorry, Carolyn.  We all have someone in our family that we fear for.  A colleague of my sister contracted COVID along with her husband.  They were also those who believed it was nothing more than the flu or a cold and a conspiracy by certain people to gain power.   Her husband died.  My sister prays daily for her son as he believes the vaccine is laced with HIV and hepatitis.   

Debbie, I also wondered if the aide could read or knew the difference between butter and cream cheese.

It boggles my mind what some people believe, but I guess they can't understand those of us who got the vaccine and booster and follow the guidelines.

It is a crazy world we live in now.

Lenda

• Like 20

No dog to walk, and our family, too, plays poker.  Mostly I play cards with the grandkids.

Fantasy/imagination is wonderful.  Spent the morning listening to the 2yr old DGS play, using his imagination.

@dfish Dinner looks good. Thank you for the work you do to find the recipes for us.

We visited Victoria in 2016, on the way back from Australia.  A niece picked us up and toured us around before meeting her sister, and a cousin and her DD for dinner.  Great visit in a pretty city. 

@irishjimHappy Birthday and hope all your news to today is good.

@StLouisCruisersGlad you are feeling better today.  Prayers for Jennifer.

I had an interesting day yesterday, not that I remember most of it.  I was not making any sense talking to my family and they called an ambulance to take me to Emerg.  I knew who I was, and my address, and those around me, but didn't remember anything recent. No recall of the ambulance or talking to the doctor, tests, etc.  Eventually I realized I was at Emerg.  The diagnosis was Transient Global Amnesia, where you fail to make new memories. Can last up to 24 hours, but thankfully mine was only a few hours. And can happen again, but only happens twice.  I am fine, but it is a strange feeling to have lost those hours.  I had never heard of this. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

4 minutes ago, Tbay said:

No dog to walk, and our family, too, plays poker.  Mostly I play cards with the grandkids.

Fantasy/imagination is wonderful.  Spent the morning listening to the 2yr old DGS play, using his imagination.

@dfish Dinner looks good. Thank you for the work you do to find the recipes for us.

We visited Victoria in 2016, on the way back from Australia.  A niece picked us up and toured us around before meeting her sister, and a cousin and her DD for dinner.  Great visit in a pretty city. 

I had an interesting day yesterday, not that I remember most of it.  I was not making any sense talking to my family and they called an ambulance to take me to Emerg.  I knew who I was, and my address, and those around me, but didn't remember anything recent. No recall of the ambulance or talking to the doctor, tests, etc.  Eventually I realized I was at Emerg.  The diagnosis was Transient Global Amnesia, where you fail to make new memories. Can last up to 24 hours, but thankfully mine was only a few hours. And can happen again, but only happens twice.  I am fine, but it is a strange feeling to have lost those hours.  I had never heard of this. 

I'm pleased you are okay now.

I had never heard of your diagnosis either.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Tbay said:

I am also glad you are fine.  Losing hours of memories would be enough to rattle anyone.

Lenda

• Like 17

35 minutes ago, Tbay said:

What a scary event to happen to you.  I surely hope it doesn't happen again.  But it's good the family recognized something was wrong and had you checked out.  Good luck avoiding this in the future.

There is an update on Jen today.  I can't imagine how bad her skull fractured when hearing this.

Jen is stable but in a lot of pain from muscles cramping & inactivity. She got oxy about 15 min ago.   Trying to get some food in her she only had a little jello & broth in her yesterday.  Fracture went right through the ear canal & broke the 3 bones in there.  She will have to see audiologist in about 2 months to determine the level of loss. The bones may heal themselves. If not she'll need surgical intervention.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 15

39 minutes ago, Tbay said:

I can't  imagine how  you felt yesterday and can only hope it never returns. It sounds frightening. 

• Like 15

56 minutes ago, Tbay said:

I had never heard of this either until about 10 years ago when my DH had the same thing happen to him. It was  very scary for him and me as well. Thank goodness it has not happened again.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the wonderful photos of  Victoria.  We visited in  2010 when we were on a cruise/tour with HAL.  Had ventured there on a ferry from Vancouver.  Such a beautiful city

Our predicted 10” of snow didn’t happen.  Street a little wet from overnight rain.  Wish @durangoscots could share with this part of Colorado.  Supposed to have a little precipitation this afternoon, so we shall see

So sorry that Jennifer’s injuries are so serious.  Sending continued prayers.  

Have a great rest of the day

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

At least if it happens again it shouldn't be as scary, although I would hope your  family would still call the ambo just to be sure that's what it is.

Roy

• Like 19

I don't have a dog to walk so I will pet my cats instead. Quite a bit of wildlife here. I live in a 600+ unit mobile home park within a city of aprox 500K and everyday i have wild rabbits, quail, dove, foxes, squirels, very frequent coyotes and occassional Javelina. I no longer play ards except on the computer but once a week a bunch of us elderly widows get togather and play dominos. (At 80 I am one of the youngest.) The meal and wine look very good, I will give the drink a miss. Way to sweet for me but I would love a Margarita.

When trying to make the choice for my Alaska Cruise it was difficult to decide whether to cruise from Seattle and see Victoria again or from Vancouver and see the Inland Passage again.

@StLouisCruisersGlad your surgery went well and I expect you will be back to your normal self in no time. As long as the auditory nerves are not crushed or severed there is hope that Jen will be able to hear again.

@TbayWhat a frightening thing to happen. I am another one who never heard of this diagnosis.  I hope it doesn't happen again.

@kazuI am continuing to pray for strength for you and a good life for Marley. I can only pray that it is God's will for Jose to recover.

Jane

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2