The Daily for Saturday 02/26/2022

richwmn

Good morning to all. The sun is out and it is going to get warmer so ice is not a factor today. I have been to the port and even have a picture that is on this device.It was on our last cruise on the Prinsendam and it was a beautiful day there also.

One of the benefits of living in a large metropolitan area is the proximity to different grocery stores. We have a very large market that specializes in Indian food and after consulting with Tana we decided on the third recipe.DH would be very sad if that was for his dinner so I need to find an alternative for him.

The quote is wonderful and we do a lot of “day seizing” around here. Tana told me this morning that the doctor advised her to continue to stay with us as she cannot manage on her own. We had figured this out already but it had to be so hard to hear. She will either rent or sell her own home.

FA4C6F4A-C7C1-4BA4-BCA9-2A37D54E9CAE.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Hi everyone.  Thank you for the Daily report!  That menu suggestion sounds good.  I have some Muttar Paneer (green peas and cheese in sauce)   in my pantry.  I might make it tonight.  to go with the chicken my husband has asked for. Add some Jasmine rice and we'll be all set!!  

• Like 29

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Rich, for giving us the Daily! Welcome home Roy! Thank you again for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyites. Another lovely morning here. Up early to get to a couple gym classes. I am so lucky that my gym is still leaving some of their Covid protocols in place. It is not that common in my area. More gardening & Bindi walks will round out my day. 

Going to a great fresh fish restaurant for supper with my “traveling Sister”. And we’ll probably wrap up the night with a glass of wine looking out at the Atlantic.

The Star Trek miniseries concludes….

47D008BF-F728-40D3-BCD4-CDAE62C84C1D.jpeg.04b7156b5f1da52b4c7c0acca74b796c.jpeg

592ABD3D-1851-4823-965F-DA5EF56BF66D.jpeg.bac047b907f940ffee2074039e9a307b.jpeg

BAE0A348-253D-4E98-BE37-FE31954A433E.jpeg.5c9662f735309f3ce79e59a0b474ab11.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone! 

This Napa white blend uses iconic Italian grapes to create an excellent - superbly rated product, that consumers love just as much. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $29.95. I would love to taste this one. 

Winemaker Notes

Massican's flagship white wine blend sourced from small vineyards around the Napa Valley. The three grape varietals, Tocai Friulano, Ribolla Gialla and Chardonnay, are harvested separately and fermented independently in French Oak and stainless steel tanks until blending six weeks before bottling. The Tocai and Ribolla build the aroma and flavor profile of the wine, while the Chardonnay adds to the wine’s structure. The wine is fresh and subtle and fulfills the promise set forth years ago to bottle memorable white wines, unique amongst the whites of California.

Blend: 61% Tocai Friulano, 27% Ribolla Gialla, 12% Chardonnay 

WE96 Wine Enthusiast

Dan Petroski’s perennially delightful blend of 61% Tocai Friulano, 27% Ribolla Gialla and 12% Chardonnay from Hyde Vineyard stands out in its melding of floral, grippy composure and earthy intensity. Lemon candy, peach and white flower combine around ethereal accents of salt and slate. Editors’ Choice.

WW91 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2020 Massican Annia White Wine is one of the Napa Valley's most coolest wines. TASTING NOTES: This wine spins a tale from the Old World as it shows aromas and flavors of rustic spices, dusty earth, and tart fruit. Pair it with coq au vin. 

Thank you for the Star Trek  memes!I am loving them.

Also, I have a new picture of Miss Camilla taken on Valentines  Day

7277.jpeg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.

Another sunny day here in Bluffton, but a bit cooler.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.

Who doesn’t like a Carnival?  However, I will pass on the Cruise Line.

As for Carpe Diem, I am a believer in that.  After a number of close calls for both myself and DH, we have learned to live in the moment.

Not a big fan of Pistachios.

The wine and the drink look good, but will have to pass on the meal.  Don’t have the ingredients and it is spicier than my poor tummy can handle. Thank you anyway @dfish for the recipes.

Today after doing some grocery shopping i will continue to work on the cruise.

I almost feel like I have a job.  Getting tired and thinking it’s just too much to do.

I guess I will be happy when we are all set and enjoying our time in the Mediterranean.

Prayers for all who need them and Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 31

Good morning everyone, it's a pleasant 73F here this morning and there are no grey clouds around at the moment.

Spoke to DH this morning, he had a good night and is possibly being discharged this afternoon. I was preparing to go visit him this morning but was told my the nurse not to come at this time as they want to minimize visitors. They will let me know what time I can pick him up or if he's not discharged can visit later. So I'm having a relaxing time waiting for another phone call- NOT.

I would like to talk to the doctor but I guess it will work out. Thank goodness for My Chart where the patient can see test results and upcoming appointments.

Hoping that with the decrease in Covid numbers everyone with upcoming procedures will have a much more normal experience. I'm sure patients have less stress with a family member available.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Oh my gosh, @smitty34877, can Miss Camilla get any cuter?  Seriously, I just want to pick her up and cuddle and squeeze her!!!  Thanks for that gorgeous photo!

@Sea Viewer sorry you can't get to the hospital right now, but try to busy yourself as best you can.  I reorganized the bathroom cabinets while waiting for visiting hours when DH was in for his major procedure.    Good luck to you, girl!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Well the doctor said get plenty of rest and twelve hours of sleep later I’m up for the day. I will forgo my daily walks for a couple of days until the antibiotics do their job.

With thoughts and prayers for the Ukrainian people. They are all reminding us how important our take for granted Freedom is. 

Next Saturday we fly to Miami for our anticipated first cruise on another cruise line. The Azamara ship Quest has been sailing with around 250 people so it should be like sailing on a private yacht. Very thankful, as yesterday our cruising plans were in jeopardy.

Thanks Rich for our daily E-line newspaper.

• Like 36

35 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Also, I have a new picture of Miss Camilla taken on Valentines  Day

7277.jpeg

Oh, my gosh, she is just adorable.  

51 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

One of the benefits of living in a large metropolitan area is the proximity to different grocery stores. We have a very large market that specializes in Indian food and after consulting with Tana we decided on the third recipe.DH would be very sad if that was for his dinner so I need to find an alternative for him.

The quote is wonderful and we do a lot of “day seizing” around here. Tana told me this morning that the doctor advised her to continue to stay with us as she cannot manage on her own. We had figured this out already but it had to be so hard to hear. She will either rent or sell her own home.

As hard as it is for Tana, it certainly is for the best for her to stay with you.   Bless you for being willing to take both her and her son.  They are so lucky to have you in their lives.   I understand this is a very hard time for her son and it is so important for you to be there for him.   Is Tana getting any hospice or palliative care services?   They can be a help to you as well.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. Gremlins off and on over the last week so I haven’t been posting but I read every day and celebrate the good news at Happy Hour each evening! Prayers for those needing them have also continued.

well, we have made two major decisions in the last couple of days. First, we will be dining in a restaurant on Monday for our 52nd anniversary. First time since last summer and may be the last time for a while since on Tuesday restaurants will be allowed to let in unvaccinated people. Back to take out if we want a treat after Monday. 

second, we are planning a road trip to Petersburg, Virginia to visit my DH’s two sisters and families there. One sister we haven’t seen in three or four years and the other one we saw two years ago as we spent 5 weeks together in Florida, leaving just as Covid was raising its ugly head. We are thinking Easter but need to coordinate with a third sister who plans to fly in from Germany. Got my out of country medical quote and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. 

we came thru our isolation with no Covid. Granddaughter had a mild case, her boyfriend was a little worse off but is also better now. 

ukraine is heavy on our minds not only because of what the Ukrainian people are going thru but fear for what could happen to the rest of Europe. Both dh and I have lots of relatives in Europe. Prayers for a swift and positive end to the fighting.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

Oh, my gosh, she is just adorable.  

As hard as it is for Tana, it certainly is for the best for her to stay with you.   Bless you for being willing to take both her and her son.  They are so lucky to have you in their lives.   I understand this is a very hard time for her son and it is so important for you to be there for him.   Is Tana getting any hospice or palliative care services?   They can be a help to you as well.

Yes,Hospice is being put in place and we are very happy with the people we have met so far.They are great with our almost teenager and I think he is doing about as well as can be expected. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

22 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Oh my gosh, @smitty34877, can Miss Camilla get any cuter?  Seriously, I just want to pick her up and cuddle and squeeze her!!!  Thanks for that gorgeous photo!

@Sea Viewer sorry you can't get to the hospital right now, but try to busy yourself as best you can.  I reorganized the bathroom cabinets while waiting for visiting hours when DH was in for his major procedure.    Good luck to you, girl!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I expect to see her in person in April and will squeeze her for you!

I love the scarf you got. Beautiful. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. Love the quote because I’ve been living one moment, one hour , one day for 8 months now. Every hour is a new adventure. I love pistachios but haven’t had any in a long time. Yesterday I had to cancel my PT  appointment because my tire light came on for the third time in as many weeks and I decided I’d better head to the service department and find out what was wrong since it wasn’t holding any air. Turns out there was a nail in the tire. At least they could fix it and the issue is solved. That’s the kind of thing I used to rely on Sam to take care of and I’m slowly , by necessity, learning to attend to these things myself. Luckily I’ve always done the taxes and paid the bills so it’s one less thing to learn.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 37

Good morning friends!  Happy Saturday!  It was too cold to walk to the gym so I decided to just do the treadmill downstairs this morning.  Now I'm doing the laundry and may go to the grocery store later.  Or wait until Monday.  Tomorrow is supposed to be raining and I hate going out in the rain.

Thanks to Roy and Rich for their morning work on the Daily as well as the food and beverage ladies and our memes to help keep us upbeat!  I said a lot of prayers today while walking.  Twin and I have decided Jen must be doing okay and is currently in rehab.  Apparently DB is not only depresssed about his daughter but he had some disappointment over some legal business yesterday so must be working out all this bad news privately.  I'll try to keep you updated as I hear something.  Meanwhile only half of the top of my head is numb still, the left half which is the side the Mohs surgery was on.  I'm getting used to it.  I want to say cheers to all on the Celebration list, especially our cruisers.  I know we are all concerned for the people of Ukraine and I know they would appreciate our prayers, but some aid would be nice too.  I hope this country is doing something to help them out.  I can't imagine being in their place.

A salute to carnivals, and pistachios, and believe that seizing the day is a noble way to conduct ourselves.  Today's quote is lovely.  However I will pass on the menu suggestion.  

@Lady Hudsonprayers for your SIL who has to undergo the heart procedure.  @aliaschiefI'm happy you had a great night's sleep and are pleased you will be trying the Azamara Quest.  We want to hear all about it.  @ger_77what a gorgeous scarf!  Love the colors.  It's great you were able to support the Ukrainian business.  @smitty34877the picture of Camilla is my favorite so far.  What a beauty!  Also, I know Tana must be relieved that she doesn't have to worry about care because you all are doing a fantastic job helping her out.  That's what family is for!

The port of Zeebrugge is one that I've been happy to see on my itineraries in the past.  The place I keep track of my cruises (cruiseships.com) seems to be unattended.  There are many ports they don't even recognize when you type them in including Zeebrugge. You can ask that they review the unavailable port but nothing ever changes.  So I can say I remember going there twice but I can't be too sure of the exact number due to that problem on cruiseships.com.  Twice I remember going to Brugge from Zeebrugge.  First time was with the Myrtle Beach couple who take ship's tours so that is how we got there that time.  I remember taking the short canal ride and seeing the gorgeous scenery from the boat.  The next time we were in Zeebrugge DH and I took the train over to Brugge and walked around again.  We always enjoy ourselves there.  Maybe sometime I'll get to Brussels when Zeebrugge is on the itinerary.  

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cold dreary West Tennessee. It’s supposed to warm up as the next week progresses but right now it’s very cold. Really missing the sun!

Love the collection of days. We both love pistachios. I love Indian food, and have had that dish before. Very tasty. The wine and drink both sound delicious. 

I visited Zeebrugge on the Prinsendam in 2018. If I recall correctly, the shops were closed that day so there wasn’t much to do. I sure miss that ship!

Prayers for those on the care list. 

• Like 26

Back from the port. It is a hot sunny day in Phillipsburg.  Pretty easy to seize the day on  a ship.  Love pistachios, too old for Carnival at this point.  Love is good all the way around. Watching BBC this morning and the Polish people were bringing relief goods and clothing to the refugees from Ukraine.  Their country had been Hitler's and Russia's punching bag like Ukraine. 

The meal looks delicious.  DF does not care for curry, I think I will have my tequila straight today.   I love the looks of the wine blend. Haven't made it to Brussels yet. 

Busy day in port. Azamara, Dearborn, Windstar, Oceana perhaps one more.

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and wishes to all for a lovely weekend. 🙏🙏

Sunset from Tamarind last night.

IMG_20220226_090241507.jpg

IMG_20220225_172227367_HDR.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I know we are all concerned for the people of Ukraine and I know they would appreciate our prayers, but some aid would be nice too.  I hope this country is doing something to help them out.  I can't imagine being in their place.

In addition to the military hardware the United States has been supplying to Ukraine, the US has sent troops to Poland to assist in the refugee situation. Non-government organizations are also stepping up their game assisting in whatever ways they can. 

Because the people of the United States possess so much wealth, and they generally have compassionate hearts, the US is at the top tier of sharing when it comes to humanitarian aid.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

First - prayers for all on our list in need and special thanks to Rich and Roy.  Prayers that the fighting in Ukraine will end soon.

Second - while in Charleston, sitting in the Diamond lounge, my phone rings and I see it is my SIL.  My heart does a little bounce because my SIL does not usually call my cell.  It turns out my other SIL was hospitalized with heart issues.  Prayers please for SIL who will be have heart repair (stents, I believe) in a day or two.  She needs to be moved to another hospital before procedures can take place.

Third - our trip on Enchantment was wonderful.  The reduced passenger count and uncrowded ships won’t last, I know, but it sure was nice. Pleased that I got a chance to have a quick chat with Roy one morning in the lounge.  Now onto a “boatload” of laundry.  

Happy Saturday everyone.  Katherine 

PRAYERS  on  the  way for  your  SIL.

Jim,

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

A quick good morning everyone as we’re going for a walk on the beach before we have to get it all together and head to the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Great collection of days and I love the quote. Even though we’re very excited about our cruise the situation in the Ukraine weighs heavy on our mind and hearts. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events.  We’ll try to remember to wave to the camera later today.

Have  a  wonderful  cruise,

Jim.

• Like 15

Good morning all!

It's warming up here and will reach 50-55 in the next few days.  That usually means rain, but better than snow.  Maybe winter is finally over with here (?)

I enjoy a carnival, but haven't been to one in decades.  Carpe Diem is something I need to remember.  I get caught up in planning future trips and cruises and forget to seize the day!  Will pass on the drink, pistachios and meal (not fond of curry) but I always like to try new white blends and this one sounds good.  Zeebrugge was on the itinerary of the cruise we canceled for July -- I would love to see it, thanks to all who post photos!

I think today I'll buy and plant some Sweet Pea seeds, and get them started inside.  Anxious for spring!  

@Lady Hudsonprayers for your SIL and her heart procedure.

@ger_77what a gorgeous scarf!!

@smitty34877thank you for the adorable photo of little Camilla.  She gets cuter every day!  Please give her hugs and squeezes from all of us when you see her in April.

Continued prayers for everyone on the care list and for the people of Ukraine.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1